• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** TITANX **

+1, exactly this, $999, currently thats about £683 before VAT is added, once you add that on top it works out roughly to £820 in the UK, thats before the resellers add on the cost of shipping the product and the margin, so if the cards sell for £900 or thereabouts you can see Nvidia are raking it in.

The price is not $999 if they buy 500 for example

I never said they can't complain.

What they can't do though is think that just because they're happy paying that price means they haven't been ripped off by nvidias UK pricing.

Hopefully the card is closer to the 799 figure.

Sorry, reading a previous message I must have misunderstood and thought you were implying that those who commit to buy up front had someone to complain about if pricing too high or specs not as expected.

yes, hopefully around £799.
I don't even game often but tempted to pick two up as always seem to get caught out as cards being NLA when I want a second. Two of these would last me a long time. Havig said that I probably wont bring myself to click the buy button on two. As these are new releases hopefully will be around for some time so can pick up another new one later.

As there's no way this comes with Witcher 3 and got a feeling its going to be above £799 which is rip off IMO, Its a no go for me :(

Going by the 980 sli performance I feel this beast should retail for £699 - £750. Much better price for the actual performance compared to the other cards.

But alas it'll be more like £829.99 - £849.99 I reckon. :o

Also you wont get huge discounts per unit either buying in bulk on a premium product like this, at most i'd say Nvidia would probably shave off $50 per unit and thats being generous. Id bet it would be much much lower than that at bulk as well, most companys offer various bulk discount points but at the end of the day they are all in it to make money.

That was a price range that they could come in at not the cheapest and most expensive. Or did I misread it.

What confuses me is then why start at £799 ? Why not just have a price range of £500-£1000 ? or £0-£1000 ?

I read it as £799 will be the cheapest, some vendors in between then the most expensive at £999

Also you wont get huge discounts per unit either buying in bulk on a premium product like this, at most i'd say Nvidia would probably shave off $50 per unit and thats being generous. Id bet it would be much much lower than that at bulk as well, most companys offer various bulk discount points but at the end of the day they are all in it to make money.

I never said huge discounts, you added that yourself. You then have to factor in the shipping costs like you said, shipping x500 in one go will be cheaper than shipping x500 individually.

Gibbo has already stated they don't pay for the cards till 3-6 weeks after they get them. If buying in bulk makes each cards value drop below $999 if anything they should be even cheaper

Pricing does not work this way. The RRP of $999 would be by Nvidia factoring in sale price from themselves at bulk orders of X amount to company A and X amount to company B etc. There will be a big data base with stats showing all this. It will factor in transport costs and the expected margins.

Further to this the cost, if they are from a 3rd party such EVGA, they will have a rate they buy direct from and know their margins accordingly. This would have been set and any cost to make EVGA more than MSI for instance is EVGA supplying to Overclockers at their target margin.

Back
Top Bottom