• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** TITANX **

I look forward to the 980ti release, should be a decent step up from the 980 if the Titan X is anything to go by. Hopefully Nvidia will give it at least 6GB of vram for people going 4K.

That'll be my realistic upgrade from my current GTX580, should be a bit of an upgrade :p:D

Well they can as some have already committed to buying before the price and specs came about.

No they can't because why would someone commit up front anyway who might be worried about specs and pricing?. If specs or pricing not as expected they have themselves to blame. It's a bit like getting a vague quote from a plumber and paying him up front - then does a bad job and expects more money as it took longer. I for one would never pay for a service up front.

Some do that with cars that are yet to be released - like with graphics card they know it will be good however. Quite how good nobody knows

Last edited:
No they can't because why would someone commit up front anyway who might be worried about specs and pricing?. If specs or pricing not as expected they have themselves to blame. It's a bit like getting a vague quote from a plumber and paying him up front - then does a bad job and expects more money as it took longer. I for one would never pay for a service up front.

That's a bad analogy because that isn't what I'm talking about here.

You do understand that if the card is worth $999 to nvidia, this means that if it comes in higher than the price it costs to add VAT and a little bit of retailer tax you're paying more for nothing besides nvidia making the UK pricing higher?

That's a bad analogy because that isn't what I'm talking about here.

You do understand that if the card is worth $999 to nvidia, this means that if it comes in higher than the price it costs to add VAT and a little bit of retailer tax you're paying more for nothing besides nvidia making the UK pricing higher?

I know, the analogy not great :D but the point I am getting at is that someone cannot complain about being ripped off after committing to buy something not knowing what they are buying or what it will cost.

Last edited:
I know, the analogy not great but the point I am getting at is that someone cannot complain about being ripped off after committing to buy something not know what they are buying or what it will cost.

I never said they can't complain.

What they can't do though is think that just because they're happy paying that price means they haven't been ripped off by nvidias UK pricing.

Hopefully the card is closer to the 799 figure.

No, that would be the retailer/e price gouging. Nvidia set the RRP and that is that.

Still don't get it do you?

The RRP in the states is $999

Convert that to £ add on VAT and whatever else, if nvidia set the RRP here above that then they think they can get away with charging UK customers more for the exact same product. Therefore you're being ripped off by them whether you like it or not.

Convert that to £ add on VAT and whatever else, if nvidia set the RRP here above that then they think they can get away with charging UK customers more for the exact same product. Therefore you're being ripped off by them whether you like it or not.

Get what lol?

OcUK buy in dollars and are then shipped to the UK :D

+1, exactly this, $999, currently thats about £683 before VAT is added, once you add that on top it works out roughly to £820 in the UK, thats before the resellers add on the cost of shipping the product and the margin, so if the cards sell for £900 or thereabouts you can see Nvidia are raking it in.

Get what lol?

The fact that you could potentially be paying more for the same product just because nvidia think the card they have valued at $999 is somehow worth more in the UK.

It happens on all cards even AMD, the problem is on higher priced products like the Titan the difference tends to be larger so you're being fleeced more.

Back
Top Bottom