To Laugh or Cry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
GoldenGlory said:
Just recieved this question on eBay.

You guys really are funny. This is quite serious.

Gonna try a format in dos, then give DBAN a go.
ROFLMFAO ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!111111 That wasn't me, I promise, but LMFAO!!!!!!!!11111 Also, I am very sorry for laughing, but LOL! :D

Permabanned
OP
Okay, on PC number 2.

I'm running DBAN, just selected the drive and hit Start.

Slightly concerned at the amount of time it is taking, is there anyway to cancel or pause it?

Says: [06.67%, round 1 of 1, pass 1 of 3] [writing] [ 57160 KB/s]

Let's hope this does it.

Associate
pumaz said:
Another vote for DBAN (Dariks Boot & Nuke)

1 - Download it and burn to CD
2 - Select 7 pass option
3 - leave it overnight as it takes a while

There's no way anyone's gonna see your GF naked! after you've done this ;)
bet i could retreive it using my IBAS;) ive had a similar prob, not being able to format using dos or a windows CD, so i stuck mine in a caddy and selected format through my computer...

Soldato
Ok, this might work. Go http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php and download the correct iso for your system. Set your BIOS to boot from CD and reboot with the iso correctly burnt (with nero or iso burning program). When it boots up you will be at a prompt saying "blah blah" but the important bit is where it says boot:
at this stage just press enter. When the GUI kicks in, find the correct drive and delete the partition and reformat as FAT32 or something, then delete the partition again. Reboot and check the HD :)

Permabanned
OP
Scythe said:
Ok, this might work. Go http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php and download the correct iso for your system. Set your BIOS to boot from CD and reboot with the iso correctly burnt (with nero or iso burning program). When it boots up you will be at a prompt saying "blah blah" but the important bit is where it says boot:
at this stage just press enter. When the GUI kicks in, find the correct drive and delete the partition and reformat as FAT32 or something, then delete the partition again. Reboot and check the HD :)

Okay I've got DBAN running though. If I reset the PC (can't stop DBAN it seems?) will that kill the disk? I'm getting fed up of waiting this is going to take all evening.

Was supposed to be a simple exercise, backup disk, format disk, package disk.
Why me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom