To Laugh or Cry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
BillytheImpaler said:
Swedish goat snuff films, probably.

Shhhh dude, remember the first rule.... there are no Swedish goat snuff films ;)

GoldenGlory: its a secondary drive yeah? why not use something like system mechanic 5 and 'incinerate' or i remember a prog called NecroFile, that wrote over the data you pointed it to and replaced it with rubbish.

Permabanned
OP
Okay guys, couldnt run the LiveCD as i've destroyed my DVDRW.
Never a good idea to plug the molex power cable into the drive whilst the machine is running.. Other DVD drive ive found doesnt work (destroyed IDE bus as well?)

I'm practically exhausted from this, the cost of buying a new DVD burner outweighs the time and financial gain of selling the HDD in the first place.

If anyone can suggest some quick ideas (with links) of ways to format the drive (without CD/floppys) that would be appreciated. I know it's late.

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
GoldenGlory said:
Just recieved this question on eBay.

You guys really are funny. This is quite serious.

Gonna try a format in dos, then give DBAN a go.

LOL LOL LOL This is the funniest post!
Whoever did that ebay question deserves a medal lol!!!

For OP> Use Zilla Data Nuker, works just fine.

Soldato
I don't think this has been suggested yet, but there's a Maxtor program that will completely wipe the disk...Maxblast I think it's called. It'll take a while to complete but I'd strongly suggest not rebooting half way through...

Permabanned
OP
Just running NecroFile now...
Thanks for the amusement it's certainly helping in this situation.

I was thinking maybe partition magic may do the trick?

UPDATE:

NecroFile creates 17 files in the root of size 1.86GB. When I try to add directories and files, it says the location cannot be found, gives an error and crashes. Nice. On with System Mechanic.

Last edited:
Soldato
Have you tried to Zero Fill the drive?

Download whatever manufacturer tool you can find, run it and try a zero fill.

It'll take a good few hours but should remove the data.

5 stars btw :D

Permabanned
OP
Okay, got Sys Mechanic deleting all files (couldn't find incinerate option?). So far so good.
Downloading MaxBlast, though I need a CD drive which I no longer have. May have to wait till the morning.

Permabanned
OP
maranello168 said:
when I win the auctions i'll reveal all to fellow ocuk members, muahahhahaaa, muahahahhaaa, muahahahahhahahahahahahaa :D

Very well, except I seem to be getting somewhere :)
Ran Sys Mechanic thing, blitzed all files. Now i'm running chkdsk has found many errors especially in the Master Partition Table.
Either, the drive is completely F'd and I will have to bin it, Spie will donate me a new one, A fundraiser will take place to raise me some money, or it will work and the auction will run :)

CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the volume bitmap.
Correcting errors in the master file table's (MFT) BITMAP attribute.

It corrects about a hundred of those errors so far. Any ideas what it is?

edit: ends with the error:
Readable file record segment 5 is not writeable.

I see little point in running data erasing tools when there are problems in the file tables. Something is seriously borked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom