To Laugh or Cry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
You really should have let DBAN run it's course.

But it does sound as though your HD is faulty and the only right thing to do is withdraw the auction. Then take HD and a large hammer out in the garden and vent your frustration!!

But seriously dude why would you spend that much time collecting all that pron just to destroy it? It's not like HD's are worth out theses days :confused:

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Okay guys, you deserve an update.

After running the MaxBlast (or whatever its called) for about 5 hours, doing the Zero Fill, the drive is still intact. How this is the case, I simply do not know. Sorry to say it but all your suggestions seemingly would have had no success in fixing this drive. It's ***ked.

My anger is further increased by the following fact(s):

I have spent 2 days trying to rescue a drive with a resale value of ~£28 (had it even worked).
I have destroyed my 2 month old NEC DVDRW by shorting it (I think...).
I have lost the use of my main PC for 2 days whilst trying to fix it = no work done.
I have seemingly corrupted my boot drive, since windows no longer loads (lost work & files?)

Lessons Learned.
Hard drives are sensitive, unpredictable chunks of ***t.
Windows is the worst peice of software to ever grace computers.
If a HDD seems broke, just give up. It's really not worth it.

It's been a ride for me, you may have read my thread about buying a Macbook Pro. This experience has certainly added weight to that decision. Hope it's been entertaining for you, I now look back and laugh.
Are computers for me? I'm in my 2nd year of Computer Science degree. I'm going for an interview tomorrow morning for an 8 week contract for IT consultancy in Manchester. I now hate computers.

Oh, and the drive? Chucked it on the floor. Will find a torx tool and open her up, rip out the carcass.

- GoldenGlory

Associate
That'll soon pass... without the pitfalls you couldn't truly appreciate the highs and anyway if PC's were easy you would get bored too easily.

Seems that your drive was gone before you started mate, so without realising it you had lost before the battle started, lesson learnt i guess. Just sorry couldn't offer a resolution that worked, it sure was a strange issue!

Soldato
love this thread... best ever in this section!!

LOL @ the ebay questions n all

edit: awww chucked on the floor... still those HD plates still have nekkid pixors of your ex on them... nuke tbh

Last edited:
Associate
Did you and the Ex part on good terms ? How fit was she, vital statistics, gives us some details !! :D You can't put us through all that and not tell us what she looked like. :D
Out of curiousity were the pictures all right protected, not that it should have made a difference to the various programs used to delete them. :confused:

If this was mentioned i missed it due to partial blindness from all the tears of laughter. :rolleyes:
Personally what i would have done if i was having that many disc errors, is just have that drive connected to the mobo, reinstall windows fixing any disc errors, install Partition Magic delete any other partitions so their is only one, change it to logical, then reconnect the other hard drives, reinstalling windows if necessary then using something like the Eraser program to zero fill the hard drive, after deleting all the windows file first.

Last edited:
Associate
deadeyedic30 said:
Did you and the Ex part on good terms ? How fit was she, vital statistics, gives us some details !! :D You can't put us through all that and not tell us what she looked like. :D
Out of curiousity were the pictures all right protected, not that it should have made a difference to the various programs used to delete them. :confused:

If this was mentioned i missed it due to partial blindness from all the tears of laughter. :rolleyes:
Personally what i would have done if i was having that many disc errors, is just have that drive connected to the mobo, reinstall windows fixing any disc errors, install Partition Magic delete any other partitions so their is only one, change it to logical, then reconnect the other hard drives, reinstalling windows if necessary then using something like the Eraser program to zero fill the hard drive, after deleting all the windows file first.

lol, although i think ripping out the carcass which he mentioned is another sure fire way. My vote is still on the Swedish Goat snuff films ;)

Permabanned
You should take the top off the drive and then cover it with some tight cling film. Then start it up and bend the disc/head thingy with a magnet and watch it destroy the disc :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom