Tomb Raider 2: Rise of the Tomb Raider Announced

Lol - this game seems to be crucial to the survival of the xbone so you have to cut them some slack.

Hardly. The XB1 is doing okay, it's way behind the PS4 in terms of sales and I'm sure MS regret several things (Kinect, GPU and early marketing for starters) but saying it won't survive is just fanboy nonsense.

Anyway, back to the game, I'm about 50% through and so far so good, there is very little new stuff that really adds much but that's pretty much the story will all sequels nowadays and the core gameplay is great fun.

Only slight disappointment is that the optional tombs are still mostly one-trick ponies so even though they can be quite large, there isn't much to work out despite them being marketed as being a huge challenge. At most they have taken 10 minutes so I have no idea how reviewers say some of them took over an hour.

In terms of the Uncharted comparison, I'd rank them as:

Uncharted 2 > TR2 > TR1 > Uncharted 3 > Uncharted 1

I hope and expect Uncharted 4 will be even better and if the two series keep battling it out that suits me perfectly! :)

Really looking forward to this now especially after the crapness of Halo......

I have fresh controller batteries installed and will await the Yodel delivery man. Hopefully he will decide to visit....

Shame you can't play it then. Not exactly the best thread for you to be in!

I'm here to find out what the game is like for when it's released on a platform I do own, but so far the only insight I've gained from your comments are that the controls and visuals are better than a four year-old PS3 game so I can't say I'm entirely sold on it yet.

Back
Top Bottom