Tomb Raider 2: Rise of the Tomb Raider Announced

That's weird because I swear you were praising the latest remaster of the uncharteds recently. Considering they were the benchmark for this genre of game, and this is better (much like the first tomb raider was)... It stands to reason it's a pretty awesome game.

If it helps you, this is better than the less than a month or so old PS4 release of Uncharted 1,2,3.

I could compare this to Halo or Fallout but that wouldn't make any sense as they are entirely different games. Uncharted was the benchmark, ergo it makes most sense to compete against the recent rerelease of them.

Let's see:

1) It looks better- the graphics and scale of the environments make the three uncharteds look basic.

2) it plays better- there is more to do (skill upgrades/weapon upgrades and collectables). The controls are tighter in game and there isn't a floaty jankiness to Tomb Raider that Uncharted suffers from. Also the climbing mechanics and actual responsiveness of the buttons is miles ahead of Naughty Dogs efforts.

It's not difficult to see that Crystal Dynamics have taken what worked for Uncharted and improved upon it. From a technical and gameplay perspective you cannot possible deny that Rise of the Tomb Raider is the stronger title.

Uncharted 4 may well turn things back the other way, however that is not what is being discussed here.

How is it not better? Would be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Getting this for the GF, she loved the last one. I liked the original one also but I've not finished yet. Didn't grip me like Uncharted 2&3 did.

Guess, perhaps i'll experience the same with Tomb Raider. It has certainly reviewed well thats for sure.

Can you ask the same question without the Lol?

I mean, is it that difficult to contemplate that a game comes out in 2015 is better than the games that came out in 2011, 2009, and 2007?

Is it really?
Nope it be difficult to contemplate if it wasn't.

Quite funny people are comparing the above games.

Is it better than The last tomb raider???? That's the main question and the general answer seems to be yes. That all that matters and I can't wait to pick it up for the PS4 when it's out.

Enjoying this - the Drake games are some of my faves and the TR reboot was a complete surprise as I picked it up on PC way after release.

It's on rails but also feels open world. There seems like there is loads more exploration this time. Only about 2 hours in and taking my time to look around.

Played six hours of this last night, already my favourite game of this generation so far. Just brilliant.

The visuals are absolutely incredible and the they've basically left the gameplay like the last one (which I'm so glad they did) with an improved upgrade system and even more awesomeness

:D

Played six hours of this last night, already my favourite game of this generation so far. Just brilliant.

The visuals are absolutely incredible and the they've basically left the gameplay like the last one (which I'm so glad they did) with an improved upgrade system and even more awesomeness

:D

This makes me very happy. I'm going to pick this up on my way home tonight.

Hah! Now I can appreciate the sheer size :D

Have you a specific place in mind to place it? I open them once, take the contents out and then when everything seems in excellent condition I throw them back in and well that's it. Although I probably do this because I haven't enough room inside.

Last edited:
Even though I have Fallout 4 to play I caved and bought this at lunchtime from Sainsburys for £34.99 (had £5 Nectar points).

I was always going to buy it at some point as I loved the first having played through it on both PC and XB1, though I was going to wait until I was done with FO4, but couldn't resist any longer after seeing some of your feedback.

This is by far the best looking game on a console at the moment. Considering the One is meant to be less powerful it really does not show in this game. The facial animations and expressions are amazing.

Stunning....

Back
Top Bottom