Tomb Raider 2: Rise of the Tomb Raider Announced

Soldato
It's a shame that the game has not sold very well, I'm enjoying it. But its the developers fault for going Xbone exclusive which doesn't have the biggest install base and a really bad decision with MS to release it at the same time as Fallout and so close to Star Wars.

I'm also wondering if the lack of multiplayer is a factor, granted the multiplayer in TR wasn't very good but at least it had something to do after what is a very short campaign. I guess people may just want to get on with the other games and wait for Uncharted which is just around the corner and will no doubt be awesome and have multiplayer.

Soldato
|I think we should hold off till Christmas, those "figures" are released based on Uk only on only one device ( I suppose 360 as well though), and only accounted for a few days of sales. People are comparing it to Fallout figures etc which is pretty dumb.
Still a terrible time to release it though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just finished the game. I really have nothing bad to say about this game. It's the best game I have played this year even one of my all time favourites and easily my Game of the year. It's rare I enjoy a game from beginning to end but this I did.

Easy 9.5/10 my only negative is the swimming is not great but even that's just picking. This game has kept me away from fallout since launch and tbh I never thought anything could do that.

Superb.....

Now back to Fallout or I might just play it again..... :)

Caporegime
To be honest Tomb Raider games went stale a long time ago for me and it's only you guys bigging it up that makes me interested again.

I was the same but on the off chance of it being free on games for gold. I played it and was pleasantly surprised how fantastic it was, which led to me buying the second one.

It is also a refreshing change to have a single player game with a proper story. We have been fed FPS online drivel for far too long!

Last edited:
Associate
Totally agree with the general consensus, it's a great game, really well done and a real contender for game of the year for me.

Fallout 4 on the other hand is a major disappointment, whilst the changes between Tomb Raider games are an improvement the changes in Fallout 4 such as the settlement system are a real mess.

Such a shame that Fallout will no doubt outsell Tomb Raider massively :(

Associate
Brilliant game other than one bug I found and lost a few hrs play,but I'll forgive devs as its so good,certainly game of the year for me,in a party other night playing Star Wars and all the others who are playing fallout at the mo were saying TR is next on there lists,so hope during coming weeks it may get good steady sales,wasn't greatest time to release as others have said.

Soldato
To be honest Tomb Raider games went stale a long time ago for me and it's only you guys bigging it up that makes me interested again.

The last one was good and this one looks good too. It's just a shame what happened with Microsoft buying exclusivity, these bad sales numbers might make them think twice about making more of these now! I don't know who's more to blame MS or CD. Either way they shot themselves in the foot.

Associate
The last one was good and this one looks good too. It's just a shame what happened with Microsoft buying exclusivity, these bad sales numbers might make them think twice about making more of these now! I don't know who's more to blame MS or CD. Either way they shot themselves in the foot.

Obviously being an exclusive has an effect on numbers, but think and most would probably agree. Releasing it now and going head to head with other titles was madness
A lot of people cannot afford to buy multiple games in a month, let alone one month before christmas, so a lot of people had a choice and it seems people went with fallout 4 or waited for star wars battlefront!

They should have released it in jan/february

But hindsight is a wonderful thing

Caporegime
Obviously being an exclusive has an effect on numbers, but think and most would probably agree. Releasing it now and going head to head with other titles was madness
A lot of people cannot afford to buy multiple games in a month, let alone one month before christmas, so a lot of people had a choice and it seems people went with fallout 4 or waited for star wars battlefront!

They should have released it in jan/february

But hindsight is a wonderful thing

They released the last one in February, not sure why they decided not to do the same this time.

Associate
I agree strange decision on release date, but as mentioned above, adds another game to an already strong MS line up this Christmas.

I can see this game picking up in sales just before Christmas and afterwards.

The only big title I recall still to come out after Star Wars Battlefront is Just Cause 3.

Soldato
Put another hour into this last night, Just got to the third camp fire.

Really enjoying the stealth kills, just unlocked the double arrow kill thing, but had to call it a night.

Soldato
I finished it last night, I'd say about 15 hours with 77% completion - I will mop up the rest at some stage.

Overall a good game, I found a certain swimming section annoying and it seemed to drag towards the end. I wouldn't go as far as saying GOTY but for a single player game it's good, shame there's no multiplayer.

Back
Top Bottom