Tomb Raider 2: Rise of the Tomb Raider Announced

Soldato
Well, I'm sure you do - but back in the real world I would imagine the deal was free marketing and compensation for deferring the PS4 revenue by a year.

It doesn't work that way, they work out the math, x loss in sales, then they pick up the tab over x months, plus, its incredibly tempting for a publisher and developer to have a guaranteed lump sum of cash.

Soldato
I'd say there about the same number as the last game. It really is just a very well-polished update, if you enjoyed the last game then this is more of the same with sprinkles on the top :)

Soldato
Played the original again and finished it today. Not I need to be patient and let the GF complete it first at Christmas and then finally ill get a shot :)

Got Halo 5 in the meantime I suppose.

Soldato
Out of curiosity despite my not being able to play it yet :( FU MS, Is it littered with quick time events?

There are a few but rare and not that bad when you do have to go through it. The cinematics into live play are really well done again. Been playing this since Saturday and I love everything about it.

Soldato
Finished the main story and just got 100% completion :) Not too fussed about the expedition mode so will sell it on whilst I can still get a decent price.

It doesn't bring anything particularly new and some elements (learning languages and having so many different items for upgrades) add nothing to the experience but everything is very polished and just good fun which is why I started playing games in the first place.

One thing I would suggest is to take a break of at least a couple of months between playing the first game and this one because they are very similar so over-familiarity might kick in otherwise.

Associate
And just got finished with ROTTR.
Completed too 80% on Normal mode (Tomb Raider) intentionally.
Will start a new profile on maximum difficulty, and complete 100%. :)

ROTTR story I enjoyed immensely, but personally I think I pre-fared the Tomb Raider (2013) Maybe because it was the first, that I truly played and fell in love with.
But thanks Square Enix, for two great Tomb Raider games. And I look forward to Lara's adventures going forward. :D

Soldato
Almost finished on normal difficulty and love it! best single player game I've played for years.

When I start again on the hardest difficulty do all my upgrades and skills carry over or do u have to completely start again ?

Associate
Once you complete the game can I take it you can go and mop all tombs, collectibles, missions etc that you haven't done?

Curious about the Complete all Tombs in one playthrough achievement - I presume that means in one save file?

Back
Top Bottom