Tomb Raider 2: Rise of the Tomb Raider Announced

This is out on PC 28th January and can be bought for £20 on cdkeys. Still haven't picked it up on XB1 mainly due to Fallout 4 but also the other great games released at the same time. I played Tomb Raider Definitive Edition on PC so not sure where I'll play Rise, only reason to play on XB1 now is to get achievements :/

Just completed this and kind of enjoyed it. I remember enjoying the first one a lot more though, this just feels like more of the same. I rented it from boomerang though I'd say theres enough content to warrant a £20 purchase.

Watched my dad playing this over the weekend. Looks good, I may buy for the PC when it's out. The exclusive is odd, it's going to have hurt the game a lot. Hopefully it doesn't harm the budget for the third game.

Just fired this up for another play through but it just crashes every time. I load into the menu and start the game and it goes to the loading screen then the sound crashes and loops and it returns to the Xbox dashboard ?

I have tried loading one of my saves but it does the same thing ?

Bit of a pain.

Just fired this up for another play through but it just crashes every time. I load into the menu and start the game and it goes to the loading screen then the sound crashes and loops and it returns to the Xbox dashboard ?

I have tried loading one of my saves but it does the same thing ?

Bit of a pain.

I had this, my save was corrupt, if you choose 'load game' instead of continue and hold LT+RT it will revert back to an old backup save (youw ill be a little back from where you are) but it should work OK and load up fine.

I had this, my save was corrupt, if you choose 'load game' instead of continue and hold LT+RT it will revert back to an old backup save (youw ill be a little back from where you are) but it should work OK and load up fine.

Just tried that and it worked I had to load an old backup save before I could start a new game ? Weird but working now.

Cheers

I started playing this on the Xbone but decided it was a bit too "shimmery looking" for my liking and thus decided to wait for the PS4 version. Now I'm waiting again to see if the PS4 Pro version is even better. I'll probably splash out on that console based on this game alone.

picked this up yesterday for PS4, really enjoyable as with the previous title however its being ruined by almost constant QTE's (thought they would have learned their lesson by now)

There wasn't many in the first one though, so I'm not sure how it's ruined by them.

I'll see for myself if my copy from Amazon ever gets here. Word to the wise: Avoid Hermes, they're an atrocious courier.

Holy mackerel. I'm staying at the old mans whilst he on holiday which means I got access to a 4K tv.

Have been watching some footage of this game on YouTube from both PS4 Pro and PC. Even though it's compressed to just 6Mbits (according to the stats on screen) it is jaw dropping. The image and text are just so sharp. You can see the difference over 1080p immediately.

Now I'm even more hyped for the new consoles.

And The Witcher 3 looks even more amazing. Shame it's not getting any console upgrades. Shocked to see jaggies in Forza Horizon 3 though on telephone cables and fences. AA might have been disabled to get 60fps but it's clear you still need some form of AA at 4K resolution which I didn't think was necessary.

Last edited:
Started this earlier today, enjoying it so far. Looks great, level design is very nice and the character animations (particularly faces) are much better than the previous one.

Storyline isn't particularly compelling but it's just getting started, and the regular interruptions to listen to a monologue by some character who left behind a journal or whatever get a bit tiring, especially when Lara has nothing to say about them herself a lot of the time.

Back
Top Bottom