Frasier
South Park
Family Guy
The Walking Dead

Honorary mention

Game of Thrones
Entourage

Caporegime
No idea whats "best", I'll just name some great series.

Terriers, Touching Evil(US one, absolutely brilliant cast, brilliant acting, brilliant style of shooting, music, atmosphere), NYPD Blue, Life (maybe actually my favourite), Deadwood(Kings is also good for McShane), Justified, Bored to Death, Charlie Jade.

Too many single season tv shows there, Terriers, Touching Evil, Charlie Jade, Life(okay 2 there) all deserved unquestionably another couple series minimum. Great writing, great casts. Oh, Firefly fits in with series that deserved more and favourite shows. Liked John Doe a lot as well, all the best tv tends to get cancelled quickly, intelligent writing and not in your face obviousness doesn't really go down well with your average reality tv watching douchebag, so networks dump them :(

Soldato
It's a tough one, as there's so many new series that have come out that have been really good. I think I'll wait and see how well each of those finish before putting them in my top 5 (mainly Fringe, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, and Burn Notice).

Here is my top 5 TV series:

1. Friends
2. X-Files
3. 24
4. Scrubs
5. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (I felt it had some of the best episodes ever with the Dominion war.)

Man of Honour
Only Fools and Horses
Blackadder
Friends
Sapphire and Steel <-- brilliantly underrated and forgotten series
Thunderbirds <-- well it would be rude not to

Soldato
So many thread revivals recently, sup with that?

Anyway, tough job to choose and order them as I've enjoyed so many over the years:

The Wire
Sopranos
Band of Brothers
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones

Soldato
Can't believe I never spammed this thread originally...

1. Star Trek: TNG
2. Blackadder
3. Only Fools and Horses
4. Spooks
5. The Day Today or Bottom

Sorry for the untrendy list. :o

The problem I have with all the big US hit shows of the last ten years or so is that they go on for far too long and lose the plot, or just pump out filler episodes. (BSG I'm looking at you!!!!) I did give The West Wing, The Soprano's and ER a chance during their respective glory days, but they just bored me to tears.

It doesn't help that shows like House, 24 and Lost, which I actually did love just get taken away by Sky and watching them on DVD just isn't the same.

Soldato
Obviously these are my preference of series and I've basically based these on series I could watch more than once. I'm assuming series means 'tv shows' rather than things like american chopper.

It's actually pretty hard to pick a top 5....

- Babylon 5 (inc crusade and the 'films') - yes series 5 is lacklustre compared with the rest but it's watchable.
- Neverwhere - I seriously wish this had more than one season, it was and still is unique in my opinion.
- Farscape - simply put there isn't really anything comparable to it
- Stargate (inc atlantis, universe and the cartoon infinity) - cartoon is rubbish but the rest aren't bad, universe could have been given more of a chance

- star trek - seems like the obvious choice but honestly I'm not sure if it really is my top 5 so the 4 above plus any one of the other remaining ones below :)

I could have added
bsg - as good as the re-imagined version is I still prefer the original, I grew up with it, yes it's cheesy but it's classic cheese :)
seaquest - seasons 1 and 2
lexx -yes it's b-movie quality but come on it's lexx lol
person of interest
ncis
csi
lost girl
buffy/angel (prefer angel more personally)
firefly
hawaii five-0 - remake
knight rider

loads of cartoons.... like transformers, avatar,

edit... I may come back tomorrow (today) and change it to a modern and classic list of 5.... purely because you have those classic series from your childhood which you fondly remember and then you have the really good series that you like as an 'adult'

Soldato
Serious question to those that have SG1 on their list...

Why? It has so many boring filler episodes that it makes it stupidly long for no reason, other than to bore you... and has the curse of sci-fi endings, always being rubbish BSG (new) is the only exception to this. Atlantis > SG1

But I seriously would like to know why those of you that have it on the list, as to why as it seems I have missed something amazingly awesome about it?

Last edited:
Soldato
Serious question to those that have SG1 on their list...

Why? It has so many boring filler episodes that it makes it stupidly long for no reason, other than to bore you... and has the curse of sci-fi endings, always being rubbish BSG (new) is the only exception to this. Atlantis > SG1

But I seriously would like to know why those of you that have it on the list, as to why as it seems I have missed something amazingly awesome about it?

zjfr7b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom