Top 5 series of all time

Soldato
Jericho was fantastic and had a big following, was a shame it ended though. My top 5?

1)Star trek (can't pick a favourite, all are good in their own right including enterprise!)
2)Spooks
3)Doctor Who
4)The Unit
5)Jericho

I loved Jericho a lot but it was far from fantastic. It was a lot of fun, and I really enjoyed watching it but some of the acting was dire, plot holes were massive and some of the dialogue was poor.

Objectively it wasn't great, but I did love it none the less. Either way, it's very far from being anywhere approaching my top 5. Hawkins was the man.

Soldato
In no particular order

Babylon 5
Star Trek : The Next Generation
Lost
Farscape

The 5th is rather hard as I'd like to add The X-Files, Fringe, Space Above and Beyond, BSG, Buffy, Angel, Alias, SG-1, Bones and no doubt a few others i've forgotten at the moment.

Associate
In order of what i enjoyed the most

1) band of brothers
2) operation good guys ( such an underated series one of the funniest series i've seen and everyone ive shown it to has bought it)
3) friends
4) the pacific
5) the inbetweeners

so much more out there hard to narrow it down :p

Soldato
My top 5 (in no particular order) which I'd save 1st in a fire are:-

Ashes to Ashes
Firefly
Big Bang Theory
Band of Brothers
Two and a Half Men

I'm not sure if Firefly is really worthy of top 5 as I prefer the Serenity Movie (and it only lasted a few episodes) but everytime I think of something else Firefly just pops back in there.

Permabanned
The term "series" is the uk term for tv season or tv show. But the term mini series is the same in the uk or usa. Band of Brother was basically a long movie or a multi-part movie which is also known as a mini-series. That is not to say it is a mini-tv show. It is not the number of episodes that differentiates it between being a mini-series and a tv show/tv series. The uk using series instead of tv show just confuses the matter, because then people think a mini-series on hallmark for example which is like 3 1 half hour movies, is actually a mini-tvshow when its not, its a miniseries.

here we go wikipedia:

A miniseries (also mini-series) is a television show production which tells a single story in a limited number of episodes.... but in Britain these are referred to as "serials".

Ok so then Band of Brothers was a serial.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom