Tory MP says people using term ‘white privilege’ should be reported to the Home Office as extremists

Man of Honour
Some people could learn a lot by looking at racist propaganda of the past. It often framed the targetted "race" as being privileged because that's an effective way to promote racism. Or maybe they already have studied older racist propaganda and have learned a lot from it, since they're repeating a lot of it.

Anyone who wants to promote irrational prejudice has three options for "justifying" that irrational prejudice - <insert target here> deserves it because they're inferior, <insert target here> deserves it because they're privileged or <insert target here> deserves it because <insert god here> says so. One way or another, they have to "justify" the irrational prejudice and discrimination they're promoting. The two basic steps of irrational prejudice are belief in unchosen group identity and a belief that the target unchosen group identity deserves to be targetted. Both are required.

Soldato
Some people could learn a lot by looking at racist propaganda of the past. It often framed the targetted "race" as being privileged because that's an effective way to promote racism. Or maybe they already have studied older racist propaganda and have learned a lot from it, since they're repeating a lot of it.

Anyone who wants to promote irrational prejudice has three options for "justifying" that irrational prejudice - <insert target here> deserves it because they're inferior, <insert target here> deserves it because they're privileged or <insert target here> deserves it because <insert god here> says so. One way or another, they have to "justify" the irrational prejudice and discrimination they're promoting. The two basic steps of irrational prejudice are belief in unchosen group identity and a belief that the target unchosen group identity deserves to be targetted. Both are required.
So what's your solution to racism?

To be clear, I mean the anti-minority racism that sees non-white people regularly receiving racist abuse, some employers throwing out CVs of non-white (or 'foreign sounding') applicants, etc etc.

Without acknowledging that those of us not suffering those aggressions have it easier, how do we tackle it?

Caporegime

To be clear, I mean the anti-minority racism that sees non-white people regularly receiving racist abuse, some employers throwing out CVs of non-white (or 'foreign sounding') applicants, etc etc.

Without acknowledging that those of us not suffering those aggressions have it easier, how do we tackle it?

Why only anti-minority racism? Is other racism OK?

Capodecina
Soldato
The term “white privilege” does seem to be stating the blindingly obvious in the context of a white dominated society.

However, suggesting that teachers found criticising the Tory Party should be sacked does seem like the ravings of someone with limited life experience and perhaps with mental health issues . . . or of a member of the ERG.

I suspect that Gullis needs help.

Soldato

Do you recognise that the rhetoric of today is also racist against white people, and more prominently against Asians? If you don't then we can never move forward as you'll only see the issue as one sided.

Man of Honour
So what's your solution to racism? [..]

Not actively promoting it would be a good start.

As I said:

[..] Anyone who wants to promote irrational prejudice has three options for "justifying" that irrational prejudice - <insert target here> deserves it because they're inferior, <insert target here> deserves it because they're privileged or <insert target here> deserves it because <insert god here> says so. One way or another, they have to "justify" the irrational prejudice and discrimination they're promoting. The two basic steps of irrational prejudice are belief in unchosen group identity and a belief that the target unchosen group identity deserves to be targetted. Both are required.

So the solution, the only possible solution, is to remove either or both of those steps. The dominant ideology of today, the ideology that you and (sadly) many others are promoting, is fanatically devoted to continually strengthening and enlarging both of those steps. Which, obviously, just causes more and more irrational prejudice and discrimination.

I think that the best approach would be to remove the first step - belief in unchosen group identity. Belief in unchosen group identity is the most fundamental part of irrational prejudice and discrimination. The belief that the target unchosen group identity deserves to be targetted requires the belief in unchosen group identity, obviously. So my suggested solution to racism is one that would end all irrational prejudice and discrimination, including but not limited to racism. No belief in unchosen group identity == no irrational prejudice and discrimination.

I'm not saying it can be done immediately by simple decree, but at least we could try to go back to moving towards it rather than moving away from it full steam ahead as we're doing now.

[..]To be clear, I mean the anti-minority racism [..]

Of course you did. Like everyone who's in favour of any form of irrational prejudice and discrimination on the basis of unchosen group identity, you're in favour of it against some unchosen group identities and opposed to it against others.

Soldato
I think that the best approach would be to remove the first step - belief in unchosen group identity. Belief in unchosen group identity is the most fundamental part of irrational prejudice and discrimination. The belief that the target unchosen group identity deserves to be targetted requires the belief in unchosen group identity, obviously. So my suggested solution to racism is one that would end all irrational prejudice and discrimination, including but not limited to racism. No belief in unchosen group identity == no irrational prejudice and discrimination.
So, to boil down all these words, you believe we stop racism by stopping racism.

Amazing no-one thought of doing that, really.

Capodecina
Soldato
Do you recognise that the rhetoric of today is also racist against white people, and more prominently against Asians? If you don't then we can never move forward as you'll only see the issue as one sided.
I would not criticise that Asians suffer from prejudice in the UK, the same is true of Eastern Europeans.

However, if people in the UK who have been Anglo-Saxons or Normans for generations suffer prejudice, I suspect that there may be "other" reasons -perhaps they are just not very "nice" people?

Man of Honour
So, to boil down all these words, you believe we stop racism by stopping racism.

Amazing no-one thought of doing that, really.

Some people have. Hopefully many people. But people like you have had more success in promoting racism, so racism is increasing again. I think your side has an easier job, sadly.

The idea that a person is a person shouldn't be such an alien and radical idea that you (or anyone) considers it incomprehensible. It's the only way that makes any sense. The idea of unchosen group identity is just plain wrong. Ethically wrong and factually wrong. It's a bizarrely irrational and stupid idea. It's unworthy of humanity.

Soldato
I wish I was told about my white privilege at school. I would have used it if I knew about it.

Then again, I was brought up in a **** poor area in the NW without many minorities around at the time. So the big differentiators were the super poor, poor, well off and super spoilt brat rich kids. That was the privilege I was accustomed to and recognise being in the more "well off" category for most of my childhood.

Instead I was taught to treat all as I find them, and didn't judge every interaction based on what a person presented as. Guess that was wrong and every time I met a brown or black person I was to scream the colour of their skin in my head so that I would shame myself into treating them differently.

I did notice that all the rich kids I knew got jobs easy after school, or were helped to setup a business. All claimed they were self made. No, they got help through their parents wealth and/or contacts. That's actual privilege based on tangible things, not just some skin pigment.

Last edited:
Caporegime

I cannot acknowledge that because in my 41 years of existence I have never seen it happen, apart from a few idiots at the football and a couple of BNP marches.

Every step of my life I have been educated alongside black people, worked alongside black people and been in hospital beds next to black people. At no point did I see any discrimination. I believe a problem is being created where one simply doesn’t exist. But it soon will do if this constant anti white agenda keeps being pushed.

Soldato
Nah it deffo exists, but the "check your privilege" crew aren't going after the knuckle dragging minority that perpetuate pathetic attacks on people's skin, they go after successful white people and aim to drag them down by convincing them they got there through racist means. It's gaslighting.

Soldato
I wish I was told about my white privilege at school. I would have used it if I knew about it.

Then again, I was brought up in a **** poor area in the NW without many minorities around at the time. So the big differentiators were the super poor, poor, well off and super spoilt brat rich kids. That was the privilege I was accustomed to and recognise being in the more "well off" category for most of my childhood.
White Privilege is the concept that, whatever difficulties you face in life, your skin colour isn't one of them. That's the extent of it.

It doesn't mean you lead an overall privileged life, simply that you have the privilege of not being disadvantaged further due to your race.

Permabanned
I cannot acknowledge that because in my 41 years of existence I have never seen it happen, apart from a few idiots at the football and a couple of BNP marches.

Every step of my life I have been educated alongside black people, worked alongside black people and been in hospital beds next to black people. At no point did I see any discrimination. I believe a problem is being created where one simply doesn’t exist. But it soon will do if this constant anti white agenda keeps being pushed.

This seems to be just some bizarre ignorance/wilful denial. :confused: There is no anti white agenda.

Permabanned
Such wishful thinking nonsense here, wariness, fear and even prejudice against those that differ from us is something hard coded in our survival mechanism, as it is with all cogent animals. It is foolish to think prejudice based on differing appearance or culture will be culled any time soon, if at all. As others have said, this is control by the liberal left, to force us to say we gladly accept those who differ greatly in culture, religion and ethics to our own groups, despite the fact these differences in themselves make such assimilation all but impossible as all group identity is then lost. No higher level species survives without forming independent groups (tribes if you like). We are a tribal species, with all its security (and baggage).

Back
Top Bottom