Tory MP Sir David Amess murdered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Find that hard to believe with it being a single victim. More likely the individual had a tough life and bad life choices. Had a chip on his shoulder because he didn't attain a massive house in a leafy suburb and blamed the system for it.

Going by your posts in this thread you think the attacker (or want the attacker) to be a "lefty *********"

GB News viewer by any chance?

Soldato
Almost a quarter in the past 5 years.

Rare, but becoming less rare.

Edit: I agree it's such a small number in the grand scheme of time and amount of MPs - there isn't really much of a statistical argument with such numbers. Two in relatively quick succession however, in times of peace, should be ringing alarm bells.

Would need comparison to knife killings in general which have been on the rise in recent years. Maybe it stems from when stop and search was reined in. We also saw an increase in other criminal activity such as moped muggings and an increase in the accessibility of cocaine.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sir David Amess was not far right. He held some right wing views and was a Eurosceptic. He was also fond of animals and on many animal charities including that of the police dog almost stabbed to death.

He was well liked and acting in his constituency he helped all kinds of people. Local Muslim groups hold him up as a friend.

Is this a man who should be stabbed to death for his beliefs?

Soldato
Going by your posts in this thread you think the attacker (or want the attacker) to be a "lefty *********"

GB News viewer by any chance?

No I was just pointing out that it was an unusual MO for a terrorist since most attacks have been aimed at inflicting the most deaths possible. Most recent cases have been groups going on a killing spree through crowds or driving a vehicle into a crowd. This latest attack if done in the name of a terrorist group represents a change of tactic.

He probably is a lefty though since.most ethnics in London are. How do you imagine Diane Abbott gets elected otherwise. It's also obviously more likely that he's a lefty since he's stabbed a right leaning conservative.

Last edited:
Soldato
That wasn't on this forum.
And as if you believe anything that comes out of that proven liars mouth anyway.

The comment he replied to wasn't just about this forum

I'm not surprised. She gets slaughtered constantly online and on this very forum so i dont blame her.

Notice the 'and'. We've already had others try and hand wavingly dismiss this by saying 'the right' don't abuse Abbott online they just laugh at her.

https://www.newstatesman.com/scienc...ent-women-mps-half-were-directed-diane-abbott

We tracked 25,688 abusive tweets sent to women MPs – half were directed at Diane Abbott
The abuse was measured over a six-month period.

But yea, you keep downplaying it...

Soldato
No MP deserves to be murdered. Voted out and/or sacked for being useless and jailed if found guilty of criminality: yes.

Absolutely 100% agree with you there.

I suppose it's a sad reflection of just how toxic we've become and just how divided the nation is today along "left vs right" lines that a thread which I would have imagined to be 99% filled with "RIP - I'm shocked etc" type comments (as per celebrity death threads) is instead filled with very few of those comments and is instead mostly filled with posts from folks on both sides still ripping into each other for internet points. It's ****ing pathetic!

A man is dead who shouldn't be and a family are grieving who shouldn't have to be - that is what is important here.

Caporegime
The comment he replied to wasn't just about this forum

Notice the 'and'. We've already had others try and hand wavingly dismiss this by saying 'the right' don't abuse Abbott online they just laugh at her.

https://www.newstatesman.com/scienc...ent-women-mps-half-were-directed-diane-abbott

But yea, you keep downplaying it...

Yet he was clearly replying in the context of this forum.

Also abusive doesn't equal a threat to kill or rape. Pointing out she's an incompetent, useless and racist buffoon is abusive. It's also correct.

Caporegime
No MP deserves to be murdered. Voted out and/or sacked for being useless and jailed if found guilty of criminality: yes.

The problem is that even when found guilty of criminal acts they aren't removed from power.
MPs have enacted self serving laws to provide them with near impunity.
We've seen constant incompetence from our current government leading to tens of thousands of deaths and yet they face no retribution or punishment within the law.

Soldato
Yet he was clearly replying in the context of this forum.

No, he was clearly replying to the post he quoted, he made no indication of only answering a part of it.

Also abusive doesn't equal a threat to kill or rape. Pointing out she's an incompetent, useless and racist buffoon is abusive. It's also correct.

But she does get death and rape threats, as do many other female MPs, so yea, keep trying to downplay it...

Caporegime
Absolutely 100% agree with you there.

I suppose it's a sad reflection of just how toxic we've become and just how divided the nation is today along "left vs right" lines that a thread which I would have imagined to be 99% filled with "RIP - I'm shocked etc" type comments (as per celebrity death threads) is instead filled with very few of those comments and is instead mostly filled with posts from folks on both sides still ripping into each other for internet points. It's ****ing pathetic!

A man is dead who shouldn't be and a family are grieving who shouldn't have to be - that is what is important here.
I agree with you 100% here, and our views don't often align. The level of toxicity that people have towards the other tribe/party/country/team (insert your own 'not like me' category) which gets carried on social media and amplified in printed media makes me wonder why we're surprised when someone takes it to the extreme stage of the argument and defends their beliefs by killing a supposed enemy. It's deeply worrying how we treat each other and I don't know how it can change. As you say, it is ******* pathetic. We have become ******* pathetic.

Caporegime
He was neither of those as you can see. So a good man and Member of Parliament.

He voted against equal rights for homosexuals, for mass surveillance of private communications, against better benefits for the disabled and those temporarily unable to work, against increasing benefits at least in line with inflation, voted for the bedroom tax, voted to sell off public parks and forests, voted for less regulation in the fracking industry, voted against green initiatives to reduce climate change, voted to raise tuition fees, voted for the Iraq war, voted against military action against isis when they were busy committing genocide...want me to go on? There's more!

Caporegime
No, he was clearly replying to the post he quoted, he made no indication of only answering a part of it.

But she does get death and rape threats, as do many other female MPs, so yea, keep trying to downplay it...

You keep mentioning these rape threats but are yet to cite any. You've only shown abusive online contact and as weve pointed out there are incredibly low bars for whats counted as abuse.

Some dude threatened to kill me on world of tanks recently. Am I at risk?

Soldato
He voted against equal rights for homosexuals, for mass surveillance of private communications, against better benefits for the disabled and those temporarily unable to work, against increasing benefits at least in line with inflation, voted for the bedroom tax, voted to sell off public parks and forests, voted for less regulation in the fracking industry, voted against green initiatives to reduce climate change, voted to raise tuition fees, voted for the Iraq war, voted against military action against isis when they were busy committing genocide...want me to go on? There's more!

That's democracy for you, sometimes you have to suck it up that constituents in other parts of the UK vote for someone to represent them that you may not approve of.

Permabanned

I think we're agreed he was a very good MP.... ;)

Caporegime
The point is he's being made out to be almost saintly. His actions show otherwise.

Yet he didn't go out and stab someone 17 times, brutally murdering them.

It's almost like he held beliefs and joined a debating club of sorts to air them, rather than resorting to killing others.

If only other groups could conduct themselves in such ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom