1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tory MP Sir David Amess murdered

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr Jack, 15 Oct 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zatoichi.uK

Mobster

He was 69 and a Catholic so isn't exactly a big shock that he would have these views.

Shall we talk about the views against homosexuals in Somalia? It's illegal and punishable by death. If you are genuinely concerned about people adopting views against the rights of gay people then surely a good start would be not to mass import people with these views already in place? That seems entirely reasonable and pragmatic.

2. sigma

Capodecina

But he voted that way for 35 years, that must mean he was a good guy.

3. Dis86

Suspended

I expect when someone enters this country they abide by the laws and morals of our society. I've made that clear across many threads.

I'll also point out I'm catholic. I disagree entirely with the churches stance on homosexuality. I'm hetero.

4. Stumble Bum

Mobster

A thread about a serving MP's murder...... oh let's go on and on about his voting record and try and tarnish him. Have a word with yourself.

5. The Running Man

Caporegime

He went for 69 years without murdering anyone for harbouring opposite views.

That makes him better than many.

6. sigma

Capodecina

Alan Turing says Hi.

7. Dis86

Suspended

Oh would you rather everyone just lied and spread false platitudes? Have a word with yourself.

8. sigma

Capodecina

His voting impacted millions of lives, I'm not surprised that you can't see this...

9. Stumble Bum

Mobster

If you don't have anything nice to say in thread where an MP has been murdered then do as I originally said and shut the **** up.

10. Trifid

Sgarrista

You need to separate out where he voted with the government to that of his own unique views. Remember the country voted for a conservative government whether you like it or not. He was very much against equal gay rights, affording women the right to chose to have a baby. On the Iraq war, he was one of the MPs that realised sooner that they were sold a pup and had made him very cautious about using military intervention in future.

Do you think these controversial issues for the British people was a contribution to his assassination? Do you think Ali was for or against gay rights? For or against invasions into Muslim countries? For or against abortion?

11. Dis86

Suspended

Like I said, go have a cry.

12. Stumble Bum

Mobster

Says it all, the sheer lack of respect speaks volume of your character. It must be pretty sad to have such a lack of apathy.

13. Uther

Capodecina

This thread, what a car crash.

14. [FnG]magnolia

Pancake

^ It'll be locked to stop mostly good people saying more unfortunate things.

15. Dis86

Suspended

It must be pretty sad to not be able to separate out your base emotions and have a discussion on something.

16. [email protected]

Capodecina

+1

17. robfosters

Caporegime

His voting record affected me negatively, but I don’t for one second even want to bring that up as it has no relevance in my eyes to this shocking act of barbaric violence, and this thread is just a disgrace.

18. [email protected]

Capodecina

Ask Tony

19. The Running Man

Caporegime

And those voters voted for him.

20. Dis86

Suspended

As I stated earlier in the thread at this stage we will have no idea towards the motive or why he was specifically targeted. It could be political (likely) or personal.

Unfortunately when someone is an active member of a government and has not been seen to be questioning their actions one can only assume that their views were aligned. Also note I've critiqued his personal votes, not just the government's.
    We have seen Tory mps speak out against the actions of the Tory government.

Last edited: 17 Oct 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.