1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tory MP Sir David Amess murdered

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr Jack, 15 Oct 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fubsy

Sgarrista

Almost a quarter in the past 5 years.

Rare, but becoming less rare.

Edit: I agree it's such a small number in the grand scheme of time and amount of MPs - there isn't really much of a statistical argument with such numbers. Two in relatively quick succession however, in times of peace, should be ringing alarm bells.

2. Zatoichi.uK

Mobster

Much whataboutery. Fastest growing is usually measured as a percentage. I.e its gone from 3 to 6 people. Oh no a 100% increase!!

3. The Running Man

Caporegime

So we're in the 2020s now, I'd be very interested to know what the two women who were with the MP did to fight off the attack and subdue the assailant.

Hopefully they got stuck in there and gave Mr Amess the best chance possible.

4. Freakbro

Capodecina

Some of them do yea....as some of them wear swastikas, what else would you call them?

No I'm not, don't make things up

I don't know, hence I didn't even try and ascribe a number, all I said was "Unfortunately not as many as probably should be" as I believe the number who support Nazi ideology should be around zero.

That could be an option, but it doesn't necessarily mean that. And if it is, fastest growing still indicates a problem, no?

5. sigma

Capodecina

If she were to be killed many in GD would have a party.

6. sigma

Capodecina

It's interesting how people suddenly go on the defensive when the far right are mentioned, lul.

7. 200sols

Sgarrista

Its funny how people always have to bring up 'far right' in threads about Muslim terror attacks, its almost like an auto reflex.

8. The Running Man

Caporegime

That's a pretty simplistic framing of the issue, bad people cause lots of deaths, other group forms to tell them its not okay. Central ground panders to their attackers in an almost stockholm syndrome fashion.

Last edited: 17 Oct 2021
  9. sigma

Capodecina

Not really, terrorism is terrorism in most people's eyes, so it's possible to see why the discussion might lead to that. I'm surprised I have to even have to point this out...

10. Freakbro

Capodecina

Hold on, it was the usual muppets who immediately blamed the 'far left' in this thread, just look on page 1, no-one accused the far right of this attack.

11. Chris Wilson

Soldato

Two things now would make me mad, if this evil sod shouted "scum" as he murdered the MP, or it transpires he was yet another "known to the authorities" but left to do as he pleased "because....".

12. The Running Man

Caporegime

He was on the list , but its fine because

[​IMG]

13. Trifid

Sgarrista

I think this will show the good MPs from the bad ones. The good ones will want to be accessible, be seen in public and be approached by their residents. Based on the events that I attended and seen Amess at and the experiences others have been sharing locally, it is very clear he had roots in as many branches of the community as he could. He lived and breathed being a MP, being an integral part of the community. You can't do this behind a screen with heavy police presence.

14. omnomnom

Capodecina

I'm not surprised. She gets slaughtered constantly online and on this very forum so i dont blame her.

15. [email protected]

Capodecina

Suspect lived in 2m North London home!

How the hell?

16. [email protected]

Capodecina

Lives in 2 million pound north London home!!

17. The Running Man

Caporegime

Yeah but don't forget, we made him like this.

18. [email protected]

Capodecina

Does that please you?

19. thenewoc

Sgarrista

I wonder if the parents are rotten too. How did they afford to buy that I wonder?

20. deuse

Capodecina

"Harbi Ali Kullane, a former adviser to the prime minister of Somalia, confirmed that his British-born son, Ali Harbi Ali, 25, was in custody. Kullane said that anti-terrorist police from Scotland Yard had visited him."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...on-held-over-sir-david-amess-murder-gr8rj7whq

And yet another one that was one the list left free to kill.
    When will the UK government get a back bone and get them on the list banged up/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.