Total War:Atilla

Soldato
Indeed, I had my heir assassinated last night as despite him being married for 4 years he produced no legitimate children but had 3 illegitimate kids. God damn fool.

Associate
Bit the bullet and went and got it last night from cdkeys, still doesn't seem to like Crossfire just like Rome2 it would run both cards under 50%. Anyone have any clue how to force it to run in full without waiting for a patch?

Soldato
I'm struggling with performance.

I can run R2 on 1080p with the majority of settings on ultra and achieve a very playable 30-34fps.

On Attila with the lowest graphics settings and only 720p I'm getting a very ugly and very unplayable 15-18fps!!!

Using an i7-4700MQ with a GTX 765m and 8gb ram.

Any ideas?

Associate

I can run R2 on 1080p with the majority of settings on ultra and achieve a very playable 30-34fps.

On Attila with the lowest graphics settings and only 720p I'm getting a very ugly and very unplayable 15-18fps!!!

Any ideas?

To be honest this sounds like every Total War release ever. Just wait for them to patch the game I'm afraid.

Soldato

Any ideas?

Make sure it's using your gpu and not cpu for gfx, had to do this with a friend gs70, he has same cpu but a 970m and gets 45-55fps

Soldato
Turns out it is using my integrated card. Under graphics settings in the game > custom > at the top of the screen it says 'HD 4600' not GTX 765!

Time for some googling.

Soldato
Managed to disable my integrated and it's now working on my GTX 765m. It's just annoying that is always on my dedicated and not switching between, hopefully they'll patch it soon.

Great game so far. :)

edit: Fixed it for those wondering.

If open the total war launcher via attila, I get integrated graphics card. If I open the total war launcher via Rome 2, and then select Attila - I get dedicated graphics card! Crazy times.

GO VIKINGS!

Last edited:
Associate
Picked this up from simplyCD's the other day at about £17, well worth the outlay. Have all the other Total War games and already racked up 21 hours.

I am struggling with the politics side of the game though. Most of my charactors lose loyalty and I don't know why. And I am not sure how to promote people to High Judge etc and why I should be doing this. Does anyone know of a tutorial to cover the politics side of the game, or could someone explain it to me?

The game seems to run really well on my system compared to Rome 2 at release.

Soldato
Picked this up from simplyCD's the other day at about £17, well worth the outlay. Have all the other Total War games and already racked up 21 hours.

I am struggling with the politics side of the game though. Most of my charactors lose loyalty and I don't know why. And I am not sure how to promote people to High Judge etc and why I should be doing this. Does anyone know of a tutorial to cover the politics side of the game, or could someone explain it to me?

The game seems to run really well on my system compared to Rome 2 at release.

Ive only put in about 6 hours, im not quite getting the loyalty at the moment either. My gaet campaign pretty much ended when about two of my generals rebelled and made a pretty big army. But I been nice to them all, I gave them good wifes and promoted them into judges and let them do some battles:confused:

Soldato

Hovering the mouse over the various political offices shows you the requirements. Each character has to work their way up the ladder. Each rank gives some positive buffs.

As for loyalty, there is a 'secure loyalty' option among the political actions which adds a couple of points. Also, using the 'decree' option when their promotion is blocked can increase their loyalty. I've found with most characters that if you get their loyalty above 3 then make sure they get political offices etc they'll be fine. Some characters (and/or their wives) have traits that make them inherently disloyal. Make sure you keep their influence low - by spreading rumours etc.

If all else fails, either assassinate them or have them die in battle before they rebel.

EDIT: Here's a video:

Last edited:
Associate
No, I enjoy it now it is fully patched up and with the Radious total mod. Isn't the best TW in my opinion, but I enjoy it never-the-less. Mind you, I still enjoy Empire as well!

Thanks for the video and info Fulax, will have a gander at it over the weekend.

Soldato
I will try and break away from mashing zombies in Dying Light and give this a go later. Just installed Re-Shade (Sweet FX 2) and it makes the map at the very least a little more colourful.
I doubt that I will start as the Romans - with either of their empires being noted as Very Hard or Legendary I will not stand a chance. A pity as I tend to navigate towards the Western Roman Empire - ah well.

Back
Top Bottom