Total War:Atilla

Soldato
shouldn't make it acceptable.

I agree it doesn't make it acceptable and id rather it didnt happen but with so many different configurations of hardware from so many different batches and with many hundreds of thousands of lines of code it is a given there will be performance issues now and reporting that there are some is almost as pointless as reporting that the sun rose in the east today.

Soldato
I've only ever played R2 of the total war series and really enjoyed it, hammered it for about 3 months.

Just went back on to give it a blast and I haven't got a bloody clue how to play the game again :p

Associate
Sorry for asking been out of games for about a decade. How is it £29 on steam yet you can buy it for £17.80 on this Kinguin. It safe to buy something just does not add up when one place in £29.99 and the other £17.80. If you buy from Kinguin you have a genuine copy yes?

Soldato
Sorry for asking been out of games for about a decade. How is it £29 on steam yet you can buy it for £17.80 on this Kinguin. It safe to buy something just does not add up when one place in £29.99 and the other £17.80. If you buy from Kinguin you have a genuine copy yes?

Kinguin is fine, many use it. Obviously a digital download like Steam. Steam is almost always more expensive than other online retailers these days.

Associate
Kinguin is fine, many use it. Obviously a digital download like Steam. Steam is almost always more expensive than other online retailers these days.

Yeah it’s a shame steam is not more competitive with the price. Thanks for the info, I’ll have to keep it in mind when I start buying the odd game again.

Soldato
shouldn't make it acceptable.

overwhelmingly positive steam reviews so far, including performance. A few people having issues doesn't make it a trend.

Mine won't even start :(posted in their support forum.

looks like a bad download. right click and verify game data?

Think of it as steam sells at RRP but you can go to the discount store and get it in the sales

Last edited:
Soldato
So what's this game like? I've never played a total war game but i do play games like command and conquer. Would you say get this? The stuff on steam looks pretty good!

its not like C+C but if you are aware of the different sides to it and watch a few videos and seems like your thing, go for it.

I wouldn't recommend Atilla as the first game tho. its pretty tough and skews a lot of the normal mechanics. Shogun 2 or Rome 2 would be good starting points (and cheaper and patched)

Soldato
Yeah it’s a shame steam is not more competitive with the price. Thanks for the info, I’ll have to keep it in mind when I start buying the odd game again.

Always shop around, never go blindly to STEAM. Green Man Gaming is another cheap e-tailer i've used.

Check out the daily deals thread on this sub forum, loads of cheapies on there and links to other sites.

Soldato
same no way am I paying £30 when theres already £5.99 day one dlc

Then don't buy it from Steam.!

The game seems to play fine so far for me, in the little that I have tested it - early days yet though.
I have yet to get stuck into a campaign and I might be tempted to leave it a little while and carry on mashing zombies in Dying Light.

Soldato
I believe it is about £21 on CJS with the day one DLC. Its what I got.

As for performance the game runs buttery smooth for me compared to R2. My FPS can vary on the world map but in battles it is fine and easily 60fps +

Overall it seems a vast improvement over R2 in the 3 hours or so I played last night

Soldato
^^^^ You can still get it for less than £18 at CD Keys with the DLC, 5% off to get that price with a Facebook like.

I know that if I do get stuck in then I'll leave Dying Light and mashing / frying zombies is kinda fun.!

Soldato
It isn't different enough from Rome 2 to warrant a full £30, but the changes they've made (that I've noticed so far, at least) are all improvements. Little things that made R2 annoying are fixed: cities that aren't provincial capitals can have walls now, the imperium system seems more lenient (so you can field more armies). And the family tree instantly makes the whole political system interesting again. My current faction heir is a bit of a drunk with a dodgy wife so I'm grooming the king's 17-year old grandson for command with an eye to declaring him heir instead. It's a surprisingly fun aspect of the game.

Bigger changes like the migration system also seem well implemented, from what I've seen, and as I said I've had no performance issues. Very happy with it so far.

Back
Top Bottom