Total War:Atilla

Soldato
So the game will have been out for under two weeks and already have £12 worth of DLC. Call me cynical, but I'm pretty sure at least one of these culture packs could have been included in the original game.

I'll wait for a sizeable discount on this one, I think. A British Isles culture pack is the only thing that will tear me away from my Ostrogoth and Geats campaigns.

It'll be interesting to see how this is implemented, though:

Alongside new units, buildings, ancillaries, traits and objectives, this culture pack also includes a new mission feature, titled “The Lay of Ybor”. This presents you with a series of linked narrative events. As events unfold, you will direct the actions of a fabled hero through a series of branching narrative choices. As the story draws to its conclusion, Ybor himself becomes available as a general for your armies, complete with traits that mirror the choices you’ve made.

Soldato
Rome II's DLC's and dates (game released Sept 3rd 2013)....

hopefully that is both correct and complete.

I imagine as Atilla is very much more "complete" than RII was at release then a paid DLC or two would be inevitable at the early stages.

I'm still too busy with Dying Light to get stuck in but even if I had the game is still too new for me to want to spend that sort of money on a DLC, although blood and gore for a couple of quid would have been nice.

Soldato
I'm waiting for Radious to start modding again, may dust off my old editor & make him more units for this expansion as I did in the last.

But it's not yet on workshop, so not sure what kind of delay we will be looking at.

Associate
I'm waiting for Radious to start modding again, may dust off my old editor & make him more units for this expansion as I did in the last.

But it's not yet on workshop, so not sure what kind of delay we will be looking at.

Radious has a mod out on twcenter

Soldato
So the game will have been out for under two weeks and already have £12 worth of DLC. Call me cynical, but I'm pretty sure at least one of these culture packs could have been included in the original game.

I'll wait for a sizeable discount on this one, I think. A British Isles culture pack is the only thing that will tear me away from my Ostrogoth and Geats campaigns.

You're not being cynical, they're blatantly selling the game piece by piece. It's common practice now.

Associate
Currently resisting the temptation to buy this (having to get my grand strategy fix from CKII at the moment). It does sound really good from some of the comments on this thread - but, I never really 'got' Rome II for some reason - despite playing Rome I and Medieval II to death.

For those of you playing Atilla - is there a significantly 'different' feel to Rome II?

Soldato
Currently resisting the temptation to buy this (having to get my grand strategy fix from CKII at the moment). It does sound really good from some of the comments on this thread - but, I never really 'got' Rome II for some reason - despite playing Rome I and Medieval II to death.

For those of you playing Atilla - is there a significantly 'different' feel to Rome II?

Yes. More story, feels a bit darker, a few campaign map changes that make it harder. General chaos.

I still think the diplomacy is a bit broke but otherwise its decent. DLC Is a blight on all games bar red projekt

.....I would have hoped that at the very least patch 1 would have come before a paid DLC
I Imagine they will patch with the dlc. would be rude not to.

Soldato
The return of the family tree makes a huge difference to the feel of the game, too. In Rome 2 they tried to focus on making the faction as a whole seem more meaningful - with army traditions, politics, civil wars etc - but without recognisable faces it all seemed a bit empty. I'm pretty sure that's why I failed to get really invested in a Rome 2 campaign, despite having some fun with it.

I'd love to see diplomats make a comeback. The game could keep the current diplomacy system where you can talk to anyone at any time, but have diplomats who provide some kind of buff if you use them to negotiate with other factions personally.

Soldato
Yes. More story, feels a bit darker, a few campaign map changes that make it harder. General chaos.

I still think the diplomacy is a bit broke but otherwise its decent. DLC Is a blight on all games bar red projekt

Pretty much this, i think it feels gritty and more "finished" then Rome 2. But please wait until its cheaper, Day 1 DLC and CA's past, they don't deserve full price.

Associate

I totally agree! I was a bit annoyed when I saw this announced yesterday:mad:

Soldato
You need to use a VPN to connect to the site as your from Brazil, pay with paypal and then use the same VPN to connect to steam to activate it.

Thanks.

Created account and bought the game (no regional restrictions) but as it is a pre order and not released until 10th March then the key will not be released until then....

Pré-venda, liberação em 10/03/2015

At least it was half price :)

Soldato
Thanks.

Created account and bought the game (no regional restrictions) but as it is a pre order and not released until 10th March then the key will not be released until then....

Pré-venda, liberação em 10/03/2015

At least it was half price :)

Just remember if the game is country locked. So you'll need to use a VPN for Brazil for your computer (Not your browser) to activate on steam.

Back
Top Bottom