Total War:Atilla

Soldato
For the first time ever for me I'm waiting for a few patches and a sale price for a TW game - been caught out once too often by them :(

Soldato
I'm progressing nicely in my Ostrogoth campaign. Winters are getting pretty brutal by now: in my northern Gallic provinces they last two turns and my armies suffer attrition whenever they leave a settlement. It must be even worse further north and east and no one there likes me anyway, so I've captured a couple of walled cities to act as a barrier against migrating hordes while I expand my empire south. If this is anything to go by, the Geats' immunity to cold attrition will be a significant advantage as the game progresses.

Soldato
I'm progressing nicely in my Ostrogoth campaign. Winters are getting pretty brutal by now: in my northern Gallic provinces they last two turns and my armies suffer attrition whenever they leave a settlement. It must be even worse further north and east and no one there likes me anyway, so I've captured a couple of walled cities to act as a barrier against migrating hordes while I expand my empire south. If this is anything to go by, the Geats' immunity to cold attrition will be a significant advantage as the game progresses.

also "champions of the north" in your experience tree for the army grants you immunity.
I've also found using goat pens (higher basic food level given and more money than fields), the big city sanitation (90 food at end) tree and the marketplace tree gives you a good none variable basis to survive on.

the upcoming DLC has a faction that isnt as bad either
The Burgundians: Bred For The Hunt
Icy Determination: +10% unit replenishment
Harsh Sustenance: +15 food for every region with poor fertility

and a building tree that helps with food in the north

Soldato
How does diplomacy work is it completely random? One min im best muckers with another nation next i'm getting attacked even though we were allies with enemies in common.

The great power negative is too huge atm. So everyone ends up hating you no matter what. It also ranks up as you research so its kinda inevitable to be a great power.

And then most rulers seem to have a hates rival empires stat which does it in even more.

Soldato
How do you stop general's loyalty from wavering? I've had several warnings over the last few turns that one or two of my generals are starting to waiver in their loyalty to the faction. I have to admit that I don't fully understand the family tree section relating to balance of power and control, I probably need to play around with that more to increase their loyalty. Failing that, is it possible to assassinate friendly generals?

Soldato
Select one of your family members, use the 'secure loyalty' option, then click on your disloyal general. You can assassinate them by using the 'assassinate' option. Both cost influence and won't be available if your characters don't have enough.

Giving them political offices helps, especially if you use the 'decree' option to secure it for them.

Last resort: have them die in battle.

I posted a video a couple of pages back that gives a good overview of the politics system: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=27652311&postcount=116

The family tree could really do with a zoom out option (unless I've missed it?). Mine is getting quite busy.

Back
Top Bottom