Total War: Warhammer 2

Caporegime
WGames are long tho. According to steam I have 13hrs on the clock and I am only on turn 100 I think. I am still trying to take the south of the map.
Don't forget to use mods, they massively improve the game, especially the AI mods http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/...=readytouseitems&actualsort=trend&p=1&days=90

Essentials are:

Graphical mods:

AI & gameplay mods:

Advanced overhaul mods (significantly improved changes to the game from vanilla so maybe try this last of all):

Last edited:
Soldato
Woah thats a lot of mods. The only ones I use are the extended movement range in your own provinces and no extra upkeep cost for armies (stops the 5-10% increase for each army).

Soldato
Woah thats a lot of mods. The only ones I use are the extended movement range in your own provinces and no extra upkeep cost for armies (stops the 5-10% increase for each army).
At first I thought, that no extra upkeep mod sounds handy. Then I thought, if I get it, they get it - and that would be disaster.

I'm at turn 150-odd of my Kroq-gar campaign, and there's only about 8 other factions left - the dark elves have all confederated, so have the high elves (and neither will talk with me), and there's two humans and one travelling greenskin band, one skaven, and two separate vampire factions remaining. I have a huge empire, yet I'm only strength rank 3 - if the DEs or HEs really came at me, I think I'd be in bother!

Sadly, AI army build is a little loopy at times - I got attacked by High Elves with 10 Dragon Princes, 8 Dragons and one bolt thrower.

Caporegime
The game is massively improved with mods, I can't go back to vanilla now as so many aspects are poor or half-implemented. Modders do a far better job of polishing the game than the devs can ever do as they are not limited by corporate boundaries and everything they do comes from passion and the quality of their work is staggering.

Associate
I got attacked by dorf stack of 16 arty and 3 slayers so yeah even in w2 the ai is bonkers at army building
playing as korcq-gar I have most of africa and most of south america and easily able to sustain the 12 armies I have on the go right now

Caporegime
It is very good. A few annoyances here and there but on the whole I am really enjoying it. Playing Dark Elves in the vortex and pretty much have it sewn up .

Will play high elves for the mortal empire campaign i think.

Soldato
I've read since that the 26th is just a potential release date for Mortal Empires. Fingers crossed it is, though.

I was also saving up the High Elves for ME, but I think I'll go back to a WH1 faction for the big map. I haven't touched them for a while, so it should be nice and fresh. I was a big fan of the Dwarfs, Greenskins and Empire in WH1 - so tough pick for me!

I'm enjoying the need to really plan out a big invasion in this TW game. I know it's always been there but this time, if I don't really think about where I'm going to go and where I'm going to attack, that I suddenly find myself outflanked or just over-extended.

Confederation has proved difficult at times, particularly as the Dark Elves, and when you do finally manage it, it can cause huge problems. I added the main Lizardmen faction when I was playing as Kroc, and 40 turns later I was still trying to nail down that side of the empire, barely holding on to what I had added! In one turn, I added 17 settlement, 3 of which were under siege, 4 new enemies, and gained two half-armies of basic troops. Certainly added a bit of stress to my day :D

Soldato
I love the total war series and really enjoyed wh1 but I've put about 30 hours into this and already bored, which I thought I would never say about total war apart from atilla. I don't really like any of the factions, I know we will be getting more in the way of dlc and I'm sure the inevitable tomb kings will be fun. I'm just waiting for the 26th and then im sure I'll enjoy the game an rack up lots of hours.

Caporegime
I love the total war series and really enjoyed wh1 but I've put about 30 hours into this and already bored, which I thought I would never say about total war apart from atilla. I don't really like any of the factions, I know we will be getting more in the way of dlc and I'm sure the inevitable tomb kings will be fun. I'm just waiting for the 26th and then im sure I'll enjoy the game an rack up lots of hours.
I am now not touching it until ME (Mortal Empires) is released. Warhammer II on release was lame with the Vortex mechanic, has game-breaking bugs, worse AI than the first game, and is quite frankly boring without the other races and a sandbox mode.

When ME is released along with the necessary mods only then will it really be worth playing.

Soldato
Does anyone know if the big patch on Thursday will allow all races in Total War: Warhammer 2 in Skirmish battles and Quest battles as well as the main campaign or is it just the main campaign?

Soldato

Tomb Kings?

Back
Top Bottom