Total War: Warhammer 2

Soldato
I'm finding this game hard even on easy!

Up to turn 150 as the Dwarves. I have control of my corner of the map down south, but getting harassed by Chaos and Nordlings.

I have one general at lvl 23 which generally out ranks theirs but my issue is they are depleting my forces, so I am building new ones with new lords but they are low ranked.

I imagine in the future I am going to be up against high ranked enemies and my troops will have never seen battle before.

Cant imagine how hard this game is on higher difficulties.

Plus need to figure out my army composition. Those hell cannons do a lot of damage.

I am mostly just Ironbreakers and hammers with cannon/grudgetrowers/quarrellers.

Soldato
Woop Woop. The day is finally here :). I moved Total War: Warhammer 2 to my SSD to cut down on the bloody painful load times. Looking forward to 3pm when the patch is launched.

Soldato
Crikey.... https://www.totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires-patch-notes
85Gb needed during the install of Mortal Empires. Time for me to free up a little diskspace !
Thanks for the link - can't wait to try it out.

Woop Woop. The day is finally here :). I moved Total War: Warhammer 2 to my SSD to cut down on the bloody painful load times. Looking forward to 3pm when the patch is launched.
I didn't know what time it was coming out - I might have to get my wife to turn my PC on at 3 to make sure it updates by the time I'm home!

Soldato
ME finally later today.

Get to find out how much work this patch will make for me (mods I'll need to update). Kind of what's stopped me adding more units tbh, as if it turns out I need to start from scratch I may as well wait until ME has settled.

Soldato
Hmm patched up the game and tried to install the Mortal Empires DLC and even though it is free it took me to the purchase page. When I tried to pay with Steam Wallet funds or PayPal it just said those payment sources are not available at the moment.

Just tried again and now it is showing an error saying you have tried to make too many purchases recently please wait before trying again. Rather annoying problem. I guess I'll have to wait for a few hours if it doesn't work then just wait until tomorrow to try again.

Shame. I really wanted to play a bit today.

Soldato
Hmm patched up the game and tried to install the Mortal Empires DLC and even though it is free it took me to the purchase page. When I tried to pay with Steam Wallet funds or PayPal it just said those payment sources are not available at the moment.

Just tried again and now it is showing an error saying you have tried to make too many purchases recently please wait before trying again. Rather annoying problem. I guess I'll have to wait for a few hours if it doesn't work then just wait until tomorrow to try again.

It took me a few attempts to get it up and running - eventually it added the DLC to my list after trying to run the game three times, then a few minutes wait and it was installed (it had obviously downloaded beforehand).
Up and running now :)

Man of Honour

Mine did that too, I had to close down steam and re-open it and then it picked it up

Soldato
It took me a few attempts to get it up and running - eventually it added the DLC to my list after trying to run the game three times, then a few minutes wait and it was installed (it had obviously downloaded beforehand).
Up and running now :)

Mine did that too, I had to close down steam and re-open it and then it picked it up

Finally got it working. Will wait until tomorrow now as I don't want to start a campaign when I don't have the time to really get into it.

I'm highly tempted to play as the Vampires. Should be a lot of fun :). Might even stream it on Twitch tomorrow.

Soldato
I'm enjoying the new ME campaign (and some of the extra DLC), but not the "extended" battle loading times I seem to have acquired during this update. :( My 1440p Vortex campaign battle map loads were quick and snappy, but in DX11 mode the Mortal Empire loads are glacial by comparison, ranging from 30 seconds to over a minute, with much of the time spent involving little or no disk activity. It almost seems it's having trouble generating the battle map preview image.

After a few hours this started to get very annoying, so I eventually tried switching to DX12 mode. For whatever reason this seems to have sorted things out and bought the times back down again, but only time will tell.

Soldato
Going to pick this up next week to do some co-op with a m8.

Can anyone give me a breakdown of the different armies and their playstyles?

Back
Top Bottom