Total War: Warhammer 3

Aye, unfortunately. It takes about 10 to 30 attempts to join a game. If you don't join it usually just spits back and error saying "No connection to host". If you do manage to join you can play anything from 1 to 10 turns then it desync's and you're back to square one.

Doesnt sound great, I'm not starting my multiplayer campaign until saturday so hopefully it will be patched by then

My FPS is awful. 3900X and a 1080Ti. I expected better than this!

Whats awful? That isnt much different to my setup and I get 35-37 ish on 1440 with everything on Ultra. Not high but the game strangely (perhaps because its a strategy game rather than an action game) doesnt feel sluggish or laggy to me. In fact imo it feels more smooth than Warhammer 2. As I say, if I turn off the fps counter and someone asked me what fps I was at, I would say its higher than the number would show. Or maybe my eyes are broken :D

Whats awful? That isnt much different to my setup and I get 35-37 ish on 1440 with everything on Ultra. Not high but the game strangely (perhaps because its a strategy game rather than an action game) doesnt feel sluggish or laggy to me. In fact imo it feels more smooth than Warhammer 2. As I say, if I turn off the fps counter and someone asked me what fps I was at, I would say its higher than the number would show. Or maybe my eyes are broken :D

Just below 50 in battle which is borderline acceptable, on the world map it can go anywhere from 20-40fps and feels really juddery. Especially if I am opening options to build units/buildings etc. It's really stuttery.

Yeah I think the Mortal Empires 2 campaign will be where its at. Most of the reviews I've seen so far for Warhammer 3 (including one by a guy with 750 hours in Warhammer 3 already and he also has 13,000 hours in Warhammer 2) , say the same thing....that the main campaign of Warhammer 3 is pretty rubbish, in much the same way that the vortex campaign in Warhammer 2 was pretty rubbish. Game is going to really be best when playing the new combined map campaign I think (again, the same as Warhammer 2)

Sorry, dumb question, is the Mortal Empires campaign in TWW3 as it stands today and incorporates all the aspects of the previous TW games? Its an insta buy from me if it is.

Sorry, dumb question, is the Mortal Empires campaign in TWW3 as it stands today and incorporates all the aspects of the previous TW games? Its an insta buy from me if it is.

No the combined campaign for TW3 , supposedly called Immortal Empires, is a post launch free addition, maybe sometime in the next couple of months. A few people have datamined the combined map and its enormous :)

Just below 50 in battle which is borderline acceptable, on the world map it can go anywhere from 20-40fps and feels really juddery. Especially if I am opening options to build units/buildings etc. It's really stuttery.

Bit higher than mine then, which sounds about right but mine isnt stuttery at all though

No the combined campaign for TW3 , supposedly called Immortal Empires, is a post launch free addition, maybe sometime in the next couple of months. A few people have datamined the combined map and its enormous :)

Ah ok, so it will be coming, just not yet and will likely be a significantly expanded campaign map that features in 1 and 2?

I'm considering reinstalling W2 right now. I am completely NOT a Warhammer fan, but these games were incredible (maybe I am a Warhammer nerd after all? :D) The sheer variety you could get in W2, especially with all the DLCs, it was really magical.

Hopefully the Mortal Empires campaign will come as promised as that will be epic.

Ah ok, so it will be coming, just not yet and will likely be a significantly expanded campaign map that features in 1 and 2?

If the datamined map is to be believed, its gigantic and yes features 1 and 2 content

Looking forward to testing I take its got an in game bench?

It does have an ingame bench yeah , though I dont tend to use ingame benchmarks as I never feel that they are accurately depective of actual ingame play so the numbers arent all that useful

If the datamined map is to be believed, its gigantic and yes features 1 and 2 content

The only thing that used to do my nut in about the first two editions were the random Chaos doomstacks that would swarm your (and only your) territory every 100 turns or so and would get bigger each time. That used to be infuriating if you were planning a grand campaign against a formidable enemy and then you'd just get arbitrarily smashed out of nowhere and pointlessly extend the game by another 50 turns whilst you dealt with the Chaos invasion.

I used to download mods to turn those invasions off!!

The only thing that used to do my nut in about the first two editions were the random Chaos doomstacks that would swarm your (and only your) territory every 100 turns or so and would get bigger each time. That used to be infuriating if you were planning a grand campaign against a formidable enemy and then you'd just get arbitrarily smashed out of nowhere and pointlessly extend the game by another 50 turns whilst you dealt with the Chaos invasion.

I used to download mods to turn those invasions off!!

Er, Warhammer 2 had the option when you set the game up to either have The Chaos Invasion or not, you had that choice in-game without the need for any mods. And you could choose what difficulty level to set it at if you wanted it on.

Not sure about 1, can't remember that far back.

Anyway, bought the game and only played for about half hour or so before work today, am off tomorrow so will get on it then. Is the prologue worth playing? I mean, I don't need help with the game having played every TW game ever made, but is the story good enough to play it?

A bunch of people in the Total War discord are reporting that forcing DirectX 11 in the launch options in Steam by adding -dx11 helps a lot with FPS.

Back
Top Bottom