Total War: Warhammer 3

Er, Warhammer 2 had the option when you set the game up to either have The Chaos Invasion or not, you had that choice in-game without the need for any mods. And you could choose what difficulty level to set it at if you wanted it on.

Not sure about 1, can't remember that far back.

Anyway, bought the game and only played for about half hour or so before work today, am off tomorrow so will get on it then. Is the prologue worth playing? I mean, I don't need help with the game having played every TW game ever made, but is the story good enough to play it?

pretty sure that option was added later i remember using mods to add the chaos invasion later in game or off completely

Done the prologue and started campaign. As Katrin. Having great time so far, also the immortal empires combined map has been found in the game files, epic if it stays like this.

qpiekp3kg2fa.png

Played for just over an hour, I don’t think it’s for me tbh. I prefer the real life TW’s.

Needs more than an hour imo and choosing a faction you like with a good variety of units, though that tends to come with dlc and development like Mortal Empires in WH2. Doesn't the variety of units appeal to you, magic? Id suggest the Ogre Kingdoms who have the most variety of the starting races.

Optimizations for decent boost of FPS:

FXAA instead of TAA
Screen space reflections and shadows off
VFX detail to medium
Shadow detail to medium

Everything else I have on ultra.

Anyway, bought the game and only played for about half hour or so before work today, am off tomorrow so will get on it then. Is the prologue worth playing? I mean, I don't need help with the game having played every TW game ever made, but is the story good enough to play it?

I would say you can safely skip the prologue if you are happy with the game mechanics, the prologue is probably one of the best tutorials for a Total Warhammer game that I've seen but even then it still misses out quite a bit that it assumes the player will know from their time in TW1 and 2. The story is ok but you do get a recap of it when you start the "normal" campaign anyway, so you dont miss anything lore wise

Aside from a bug in the prologue where I literally couldn't move north after capturing dervingard, I am really enjoying this. I came to at about 1230 last night and was all "****, I got work in the morning" so it definitely still has that "one more turn" factor. I'm playing as the demon Prince and there is sooooo much to take in with regards to the units, all the chaos buffs etc. Definitely a lot of depth to explore. Currently playing on ultra everything at 3600x1600 on a 3080 and frames are in the 50s mostly. I noticed my vram gets maxed out at points and the game starts to feel a bit stuttery. Maybe 10gb isn't enough? Or it's just badly coded.

Played a bit last night and forgot how much extra variety the DLCs add. Some of the factions are looking threadbare on the unit types at the moment, but that's because I've got almost all of the DLCs for TW:WH1&2 (thank you, periodic steam sales)

Performance is ok but not great, the engine is really showing its age now with Total War games looking the same for the past decade and performance always being shoddy no matter the specs.
If you asked me back in 2010 what I thought Total War games would be like in 2022 I'd be imagining way bigger scale battles/troops and maps, not the same as Shogun 2 :D

This game looks excellent.

But too many games to play. I am excited for Elden Ring next week and that is going to keep me very busy.

I own TWWH 1 and 2. I played a campaign with the dwarves in 1 but didn't get too far with the Lizard men in 2. Didn't play 2 much as a found it very time consuming and complex.

Maybe I started with the wrong race.

3 looks excellent but considering I have no time and I hardly played 2 I should probably not get this.

Saying that I have been watching tutorials and reviews on YouTube for it. :p

Last edited:
This game looks excellent.

But too many games to play. I am excited for Elden Ring next week and that is going to keep me very busy.

I own TWWH 1 and 2. I played a campaign with the dwarves in 1 but didn't get too far with the Lizard men in. Didn't play 2 much as a found it very time consuming and complex.

Maybe I started with the wrong race.

3 looks excellent but considering I have no time and I hardly played 2 I should probably not get this.

saying that I have been watching tutorials and reviews on YouTube for it. :p

***waves his hands mystically*** Use the Gamepass.......Use the Gamepass

You know you want it @opethdisciple :p

@TNA will answer this one for you! :cry:
Aside from a bug in the prologue where I literally couldn't move north after capturing dervingard, I am really enjoying this. I came to at about 1230 last night and was all "****, I got work in the morning" so it definitely still has that "one more turn" factor. I'm playing as the demon Prince and there is sooooo much to take in with regards to the units, all the chaos buffs etc. Definitely a lot of depth to explore. Currently playing on ultra everything at 3600x1600 on a 3080 and frames are in the 50s mostly. I noticed my vram gets maxed out at points and the game starts to feel a bit stuttery. Maybe 10gb isn't enough? Or it's just badly coded.
Oh, you've gone and done it now. :D

Back
Top Bottom