Total War: Warhammer 3

And this is why I am uninstalling world of Warcraft 3 and installing Warhammer 2.

Such a disappointment, I can't believe they screwed this up so badly! That roadmap is embarrassing, it used to be new units and races /lords , now it's bug fixes.
Immortal empires so far away, makes me wonder if they have massive issues somewhere with the game, other than it being garbage.

Warhammer 2 > Warhammer 1 > world of Warcraft 3.

Yikes.

way back near the start of the thread I put my money down on a pre-order since after the last two games they'd gotten my confidence in the out of the box state back, way to **** that away.

At least now I know I'm in no rush to buy!

Thankfully I wasn't really interested in any of the races in this release, and never really enjoyed the narrative campaigns. I'm only interested in the big sandbox mortal empires. So it's looking like the end of the year for it to be properly up and running, and should be cheap on cdkeys by then too!

Looks like Immortal Empires Beta starts in August

• Access all 86 Legendary Lords from all three Total War: WARHAMMER titles.
  • Be’Lakor is now a Legendary Lord with his own faction.
  • Dedicated factions for a number of the older Legendary Lords, including: Grombrindal, Helman Ghorst, and Volkmar the Grim.
  • New starting locations for 29 of the older Legendary Lords.
  • Improved personal faction mechanics for a selection of the older Legendary Lords (such as Volkmar the Grim).
  • A new ‘Sea Lanes’ feature, which allow you to move armies between distant lands and continents—from one side of the map to the other—without leapfrogging them all the way across the map.
  • New dynamic end-game scenarios: randomised mid- to late-game challenges we’re introducing to challenge the late-game steamroll—where the player is so powerful that there’s little-to-no challenge left and less of a reason to complete the campaign. Think Greenskin invasions or resurgences of the undead, as a few examples…
  • Revamped victory conditions. Most players don’t end up finishing campaigns, and we want to give them better reasons—and a greater level of satisfaction—for doing so. As such, we’ve simplified the victory requirements into more meaningful objectives while avoiding any arbitrary playstyle requirements.
  • Corruption rework. Players will have new tools for spreading (or reducing) corruption through more active usage of their armies. Small amounts of natural reduction will also be available to uncorrupted factions.
  • 8-player multiplayer campaigns. And as a bonus, only the host of an Immortal Empires multiplayer campaign needs to own all three games. Friends who only own WARHAMMER III will still be able to join the campaign, though their Legendary Lord choices will (naturally) be limited to the ones they own.

Honestly I don't get the hate. I really like 3. I have yet to try multiplayer though so perhaps there are loads of bugs there? I never bought any faction DLC so am not bugged by that. Immortal empires is gonna shove a boatload of factions in, so I'm mostly concerned about how they are all balanced (high elf arrow spam ftw).

No.3 isn't a bad game, now that they've patched the Demon Realms.
Before I found it really tiring, having to deal with all the portals popping up all over my lands. Now, it's pretty much on par with the Vortex Campaign in no.2

The problem being that no.2 got Mortal Empires after a month or 2 and it added so much variety. A ton of armies and future DLC to back it up.
No.3 being so bare bones, just can't hold a candle to Mortal Empires.

I'm sure once Immortal Empires launches and we start getting DLC, no.3 will be held in higher regard.

Immortal Empires map

55431b18590b5541fa46ff91360c90130b447d76.jpg

New lord pack on it's way.

Campaign​

• 4 new Legendary Lords
  • New campaign mechanics
  • Playable in both the Immortal Empires and Realm of Chaos campaigns (but do not interact with the Ursun storyline)

Battle​

• 8 new ‘Marked’ Lord and Hero characters
  • 36 new ‘Marked’ versions of mortal Chaos units
  • New Chaos Warshrine with four ‘Marked’ variants
  • 4 Regiments of Renown units (one for each Chaos God)

Here's the 1st new lord.

I might jump in now that mortal empires has launched. Has there been a graphics and performance update compared to tw2?
It's not out yet unfortunately. The beta is out around Aug 23. But graphics update? Yeah. Performance? Not so much

I get terrible performance with this unlike wh2 where it's smooth. I like the factions but hate the campaign map, looking forward to the mortal campaign and I'm hoping the performance goes back to normal

Is this worth picking up? For someone generally new to the franchise. Watching GoT has me in the mood for some Dragons :)

Bit of a tricky question.
It feels more bare bones then previous titles due to it still being rather early in the it's life cycle. The older games got a lot of free content and DLC over the years.
a lot of people are waiting for next month for Immortal Empires, which includes all the races from the other games into 1 big map. The downside is that you need to own the older games to play as those races.

I'm still playing TW2 at the moment, but that's because I own no.1 and all the DLC.

If you were only going to buy 1 of the games I would probably go for no.3, it does have a very nice tutorial campaign that the other games lack.

If you do decide to go for TW3, keep an eye out for no.1 & 2 on sale.

Back
Top Bottom