Tower block fire - london

Soldato
If true that is beyond a joke.

They were recently banned as a citable source on wikileaks due to the shocking inaccuracy in their reporting.

It's up there with The Sun in terms of gutter media.

Edit: The Sun has previously won lots of awards at the same awards ceremony.

MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT

The Press Awards are an industry award. The playing field is rather full of snakes in the grass, so it should be no surprise when a snake wins an award.

Associate
Trial by media and everyone's hysterical. But not a lot of facts.

My guess is that gas played a major part in this disaster. Combined with poorly installed insulation / cladding.

The design specification could also come under scrutiny

(former CDM Planning Supervisor - retired)

Caporegime
Quite. The media have been portraying the building as part of a typical sink estate; populated by asylum seekers, immigrants and other pariahs of the state!

well there will be a mixture of people, but given the borough it is in and the close proximity to Notting Hill the property there is worth a bit and plenty of people would have likely taken up their right to buy

Soldato
News just reported one guy refused to leave his flat, why would someone do that other than if they wers depressed and saw it as a way out.

Which floor was he on? Did he have a safe route out? If not, maybe he was scared and thought it was better to wait for rescue. Maybe he took those "stay in your flat" notices to heart.

Permabanned
Trial by media and everyone's hysterical. But not a lot of facts.

My guess is that gas played a major part in this disaster. Combined with poorly installed insulation / cladding.

The design specification could also come under scrutiny

(former CDM Planning Supervisor - retired)

Interesting that you mention gas. can you still get gas fridges? The searing line of diagonal heat in some photos seems odd to me, as if its being produced in some self fuelling or oxygenating duct.

Given that some here and the media were talking of vulnerable poor people the flat photos and the monthly rent amaze me, I or others need to redefine poor!

Soldato
Given that some here and the media were talking of vulnerable poor people the flat photos and the monthly rent amaze me, I or others need to redefine poor!

Owner occupancy via Right To Buy scheme. As I'm sure you're well aware. But of course it doesn't suit your narrative does it?

Back
Top Bottom