Township Tale

Soldato
OP
I certainly did!

I've now made a fair few red iron pickaxes. Please feel free to pick yours up from the mining building on the small shelf straight through the doorway on your right. Makes me feel a lot more confident going mining too, I can destroy the little rock men really quick, the bigger ones can get a hit, but I can usually kill them before they do anything too silly. With extra people hitting, we'll be a lot safer.

Soldato
OP
Doesn't look like I'll be making it tonight. Dinner is likely going to end up late, then I'm playing walkabout golf with my dad. Need to do some work after that! I might pop on if I have time and see there's still anyone online.

Associate
15 mins ill be online, cant stop thinking about this now lol

im the same but cant get good run at it cause either solo or dont trust the servers i go on.....i read you guys posts in work and pine...

question: if i buy the quest version will i be able to play it on my rift s and join youse....
and no...for the last time im not buying a quest :p

:)

G

Soldato
im the same but cant get good run at it cause either solo or dont trust the servers i go on.....i read you guys posts in work and pine...

question: if i buy the quest version will i be able to play it on my rift s and join youse....

G

sorry mate, you can't play the Quest version on PC. It's a completely different platform.

Looks like you have no choice, you have to buy the Quest 2!! :p

Soldato

G
Just buy the quest, its pretty cheap now tbf lol

Associate
damn n blast it......

looks like im going to start a gofund me...and if that fails...onlyfans....i swore i left that life behind me when i became a man.... :cry:

the only reason i didnt jump on the quest 2 on release...even moreso with the revised 'cheap' version is the accessories i would need to get...strap/battery/cables/faceplate......i presumed would still be able to use my amvr grips and my gun stock...

G

Soldato
OP
Shi and I pushed passed the tree people, only dying a few times... and got to some tribal campsite type things. Found some more chests in them, some more map markers (mostly empty spaces though), but also 2 buildables. One crosses a river, and I'm not sure where it goes, the other basically bypasses the need to fight a ton of tree people, which is really handy. I have the iron for the handy one (the other is just wood and grass).

Need to collect some wood and grass to build them both now and explore some more.

Also found a heartflower, which gives a permenant boost to health :).

edIT - Axe and shield definitely seems like the best combo against the tree people. 2 handed weapons just mean you get shot a lot.

Associate
Hey guys room for one more in the town? :)

I'll be honest I've kept away from anything multiplayer for a while as my broadband has been so atrocius (I'm currently resorting to using a 4g BB solution) but I really want to try this out and all your adventures are making it sound a lot of fun.
Good news is that in 2 weeks (fingers crossed) I'll be getting FTTP broadband so all my spped/latencytroubles should be resolved. I would really like to have a dabble in the meantime though and see how I get on.

@melmac can you add me to your server mate?

I take it the best way to start though is to play through the tutorial Solo and then try out the server play?

Soldato
OP

I'll be honest I've kept away from anything multiplayer for a while as my broadband has been so atrocius (I'm currently resorting to using a 4g BB solution) but I really want to try this out and all your adventures are making it sound a lot of fun.
Good news is that in 2 weeks (fingers crossed) I'll be getting FTTP broadband so all my spped/latencytroubles should be resolved. I would really like to have a dabble in the meantime though and see how I get on.

I take it the best way to start though is to play through the tutorial Solo and then try out the server play?

Do the tutorial, but I think you can learn more, and more easily, from people on a populated server.

Soldato

Hey Rock!! Of course I will add you :)

Have you got the game yet? I can't add you until you have the game and played it. I am not sure, but, I think you need to do the Tutorial before you can join servers. But, I might have got this wrong. You know me, always mixing things up!!

Associate
Do the tutorial, but I think you can learn more, and more easily, from people on a populated server.

Hey Rock!! Of course I will add you :)

Have you got the game yet? I can't add you until you have the game and played it. I am not sure, but, I think you need to do the Tutorial before you can join servers. But, I might have got this wrong. You know me, always mixing things up!!

Cheers guys :)

@melmac No mate I've not bought it yet, I'll pick it up when I've finished work this evening. I think you're right in that I need to play the tutorial before I can play on a server but I guess I'll find out.

"You know me, always mixing things up!!"
Nothing new there then :D

Soldato
Shi and I pushed passed the tree people, only dying a few times... and got to some tribal campsite type things. Found some more chests in them, some more map markers (mostly empty spaces though), but also 2 buildables. One crosses a river, and I'm not sure where it goes, the other basically bypasses the need to fight a ton of tree people, which is really handy. I have the iron for the handy one (the other is just wood and grass).

Need to collect some wood and grass to build them both now and explore some more.

Also found a heartflower, which gives a permenant boost to health :).

edIT - Axe and shield definitely seems like the best combo against the tree people. 2 handed weapons just mean you get shot a lot.

@ShiWarrior

Sounds like a productive morning!! Those tree guys are tough.

I went online for the last hour. I also went buy the Tree people, twice!! I killed about 12 of them maybe more. I completed the steps that bypass some of the Tree people but miscounted the wood, thought it said 50, so I had to go back and get more wood to finish it, haha.

I killed the Tree guys with arrows, I have upgraded my Archery Skills to the first level at the shrine. It takes 3 arrows to kill one tree man if you hit them right. As an experiment I brought 5 dynamite and torch with me. MY plan was to blow them up :cry: Failed, the dynamite didn't damage them at all, even when they were standing in the middle. So yeah, 5 dynamite wasted!!

yeah those forts or whatever are they for us to use as a base for exploring more? Or what?

Oh, I found a massive two handed axe with a lantern filled with 80 coal attached. Which one of you guys dropped it?? :p:D I put it in the storage in the miners building.

Soldato

@melmac No mate I've not bought it yet, I'll pick it up when I've finished work this evening. I think you're right in that I need to play the tutorial before I can play on a server but I guess I'll find out.

According to Shi you don't, so just start playing and see how you get on.

@melmac

"You know me, always mixing things up!!"
Nothing new there then :D

I'm a dope :cry:

Underboss
@ShiWarrior

Sounds like a productive morning!! Those tree guys are tough.

I went online for the last hour. I also went buy the Tree people, twice!! I killed about 12 of them maybe more. I completed the steps that bypass some of the Tree people but miscounted the wood, thought it said 50, so I had to go back and get more wood to finish it, haha.

I killed the Tree guys with arrows, I have upgraded my Archery Skills to the first level at the shrine. It takes 3 arrows to kill one tree man if you hit them right. As an experiment I brought 5 dynamite and torch with me. MY plan was to blow them up :cry: Failed, the dynamite didn't damage them at all, even when they were standing in the middle. So yeah, 5 dynamite wasted!!

yeah those forts or whatever are they for us to use as a base for exploring more? Or what?

Oh, I found a massive two handed axe with a lantern filled with 80 coal attached. Which one of you guys dropped it?? :p:D I put it in the storage in the miners building.

nice !

oh and Not guilty ;)

Thanks for bringing his axe back, he decided to swap it for a 1 handed weapon and shield combo, and we pressed on, so never gone back to get it, pressed for time

Back
Top Bottom