Toyota Yaris GR4 4x4 Rally going into production.....

Is it? You're watching an advert every time you watch an 'influencer' its hinted in the name, if they weren't trying to influence something I.e a choice or decision what exactly are they trying to influence?

There are plenty of influencers and bloggers who aren’t shilling a product and giving honest and genuine reviews of things without getting paid by the thing they are promoting.

That honesty and integrity is vital otherwise it all goes out the window and there’s no point in watching anything like that ever.

There are plenty of influencers and bloggers who aren’t shilling a product and giving honest and genuine reviews of things without getting paid by the thing they are promoting.

That honesty and integrity is vital otherwise it all goes out the window and there’s no point in watching anything like that ever.

I bet there are more paid promotions to these popular "influencers " than there are influencers going out and buying out of their own pockets.

Do you think any of the top celebs like Kim kardashian etc pay for the products they hawk?

The fee was a bit high, but I see no issue with the practice, that's pretty much how most media outlet do business with paid for trips, long term loans etc, I'm sure Chris Harris didn't pay for all the cars and launches he has been to in his career, YouTube whole reason for being is to push you ads in the first place, it's how it survives, same way motoring magazines do, I think the only issue really would be the objectivity of the review once you are being paid for it and expecting a cut of future sales.

Anyone else getting bored of Yaris content in their youtube stream yet :D

Anyone else getting bored of Yaris content in their youtube stream yet

To be fair 1-2 of them are doing some interesting pieces rather than your average look at the interior while reeling off the brochure, poke it with a stick, drag race.

I found it amusing how far it is getting pushed influencer, etc. wise though - even got the likes of Jimmy Broadbent out in one hah though his in car pieces are at least interesting if largely unoriginal.

I think people are going a bit OTT on it.

Its basically an overhyped Pulsar GTIR with a few refinements you'd expect from a car 30 years later.
Basically what I said back at the beginning of this thread. Still think the pulsar looks cooler though.

5-F8695-D5-4-C5-E-4-B56-8-FEF-922794-C04-B20.jpg

Still the most interesting (normal) car being produced at the moment though. Just wait until the chavs get hold of them :D.

Basically what I said back at the beginning of this thread. Still think the pulsar looks cooler though.

5-F8695-D5-4-C5-E-4-B56-8-FEF-922794-C04-B20.jpg

Still the most interesting (normal) car being produced at the moment though. Just wait until the chavs get hold of them :D.

In a time where you can go and buy a Mustang v8 5.0 RHD or a turbo type r etc it might be...but only just.

Like I said the golden days of the 90s with every Japanese manufacturer throwing out turbo sports cars is over sadly.

In a time where you can go and buy a Mustang v8 5.0 RHD or a turbo type r etc it might be...but only just.

Like I said the golden days of the 90s with every Japanese manufacturer throwing out turbo sports cars is over sadly.
Yep the 90’s were indeed the goldern age so many classics were born.

My favourite of that era if not of all time was the Lancia Delta Integrale, the ultimate and most successful homologation rally special. Still looks absolutely gorgeous, just a shame I’ll never be able to afford one.

2141-D202-5-A8-C-461-E-B372-681-B132020-E1.jpg

B2512-E3-B-948-D-4322-84-B5-0-D040-D10-EB58.jpg

Yep the 90’s were indeed the goldern age so many classics were born.

My favourite of that era if not of all time was the Lancia Delta Integrale, the ultimate and most successful homologation rally special. Still looks absolutely gorgeous, just a shame I’ll never be able to afford one.

2141-D202-5-A8-C-461-E-B372-681-B132020-E1.jpg

B2512-E3-B-948-D-4322-84-B5-0-D040-D10-EB58.jpg

One of my mates had two, one just like the above and the other a full Martini livery edition, he also had Sierra RS Cosworths and I bet he wished he kept them all but he moved them on.

One of my mates had two, one just like the above and the other a full Martini livery edition, he also had Sierra RS Cosworths and I bet he wished he kept them all but he moved them on.
Yeah I bet. Each would be worth north of 60k id have thought.

If I had the money I would have one without a doubt.

A friend had a Delta Integrale for about two years. He was able to drive it for about 6 months, the other 18 months it was broken in some manner.

Lovely thing when it works, but it was an absolute money pit. He doesn't miss it.

I had one for a while and, if you're looking for something gratifying to drive and usable, I'd just steer clear. They pale in comparison to any remotely modern hot/mild hatch, which isn't a surprise really – and facets such as the weak structure make them a chore to own as well.

Most of these fabled classics, as is often the case, don't transcend their era. A very rare trait, that.

I had one for a while and, if you're looking for something gratifying to drive and usable, I'd just steer clear. They pale in comparison to any remotely modern hot/mild hatch, which isn't a surprise really – and facets such as the weak structure make them a chore to own as well.

Most of these fabled classics, as is often the case, don't transcend their era. A very rare trait, that.
30 years of technological advancement would do that I guess heck my polo is almost as powerful but I’d still rather own one than most things modern.

Harry’s garage still seems to think they hold up well though.

https://youtu.be/JB8D9Ny9wms

I remember that, as it was published at about the time I had mine. However, Harry sold his afterwards – although I may be misremembering – because he just didn't enjoy driving it (or using it) as even a comparatively modern lukewarm hatch was more entertaining and thrashable on the road. Clio 172, older Fiesta ST, etc. I seem to recall he had a Clio at that time, or just after that, which led to that overlap and issue.

The Lancia wasn't without its plus points, mind. I liked the look, its footprint, the history and its ability to quickly change direction at lower speeds. Otherwise, to make it a truly enjoyable car and to want to hang onto it, for me at least, would have entailed dumping thousands into reinforcing the shell, fitting new springs and dampers, upgrading the brakes, modifying the intake and exhaust so it sounded vaguely interesting, getting a bit more power out of it, etc. Doable, but I just couldn't be bothered given that it'd still have its foibles. That and the cost, haha.

And, of course, RE the advancement – but that's why I mentioned that some cars do transcend their era. For me, the Lancia isn't one of them. The Quattro does in more respects, IMO, and I'd happily sink money into one of those. Drove Audi's heritage example a while back and that was fab.

pQMWqU5.jpg

Last edited:
30 years of technological advancement would do that I guess heck my polo is almost as powerful but I’d still rather own one than most things modern.

Harry’s garage still seems to think they hold up well though.

https://youtu.be/JB8D9Ny9wms

Classics need to be resto-modded but can easily compete. That's what annoys me about the GT-Four Vs GR-Four video doing the rounds. I know mine would easily equal it as it has mods in the right area to bring it up to date. A lot of the 90's stuff from Japan are fantastic bases but need the resto-mod side of things done to them to bring them up to modern standards. There are some proper quick classic Scoobies and Evo's doing the rounds.

Classics need to be resto-modded but can easily compete. That's what annoys me about the GT-Four Vs GR-Four video doing the rounds. I know mine would easily equal it as it has mods in the right area to bring it up to date. A lot of the 90's stuff from Japan are fantastic bases but need the resto-mod side of things done to them to bring them up to modern standards. There are some proper quick classic Scoobies and Evo's doing the rounds.
Yeah I agree for a start the Yaris has 40bhp more than the Gt-Four, better brakes etc. I just like older cars, always have but the Yaris is certainly a worthy addition. I just hope others like Ford, Vw etc follow suit.

Yeah I agree for a start the Yaris has 40bhp more than the Gt-Four, better brakes etc. I just like older cars, always have but the Yaris is certainly a worthy addition. I just hope others like Ford, Vw etc follow suit.

You would be surprised. The Yaris has 4 piston 356mm vented. Gt-Four has 4 piston 320mm vented front and rear whilst Yaris only has 297 on the back. Not much difference considering 30 years between them. Mine has grooved discs all around and carbotech xp10 which is quite a serious pad. Outbreaking VX220's on track ;)

You would be surprised. The Yaris has 4 piston 356mm vented. Gt-Four has 4 piston 320mm vented front and rear whilst Yaris only has 297 on the back. Not much difference considering 30 years between them. Mine has grooved discs all around and carbotech xp10 which is quite a serious pad. Outbreaking VX220's on track ;)
I didn’t realise I just assumed they were pants like my Pulsar which just had single pot 256mm on fronts I think :eek:.

Very much doubt we will see the likes of Ford/VAG doing a ground up homologation special. Ford struggled to get MK3 FRS signed off, then it has constrained by a tight budget. Which is a bit crazy, as if they or anyone that builds the "right" car then it will sell. The RS had to have about 2 or 3 production extensions to meet demand and the GRY is selling out, orders now are delivery in May 22. So the evidence is there.
Minimum Ford should do a proper Fiesta RS, I'd cancel my GRY order then and get one.

Back
Top Bottom