Toyota Yaris GR4 4x4 Rally going into production.....

And he's tested the Litchfield one on track to highlight the performance benefit over a lap?
That's not really of interest to the target audience for these carwow drag videos I'd suggest.

They're meme filled "let's have a laugh" drag races most of the time, not any sort of serious appraisal.

Dealership confirmed car is en-route and hoping it arrives next week so I can collect following Monday. Stuck just over 10k deposit in, making £200 a month for two years interest free with a final payment of around 18k. They are very flexible on payment options, all two year options are interest free and deposit ranged from 7-11.7k down roughly, you can get monthly as low as £137. Or you can do on longer terms and the APR is around 1.6%, or pay outright, so lots of options.

Dealership confirmed car is en-route and hoping it arrives next week so I can collect following Monday. Stuck just over 10k deposit in, making £200 a month for two years interest free with a final payment of around 18k. They are very flexible on payment options, all two year options are interest free and deposit ranged from 7-11.7k down roughly, you can get monthly as low as £137. Or you can do on longer terms and the APR is around 1.6%, or pay outright, so lots of options.

You can get the deposit down to £0 with a ~£600ish monthly payment. Ultimately at the end of the two years you’ll have paid the same amount as it’s 0% APR. Personally, I’ll just drip feed with higher monthlies as its gives more flexibility. Ultimately makes no odds though as far as I can see?

You can get the deposit down to £0 with a ~£600ish monthly payment. Ultimately at the end of the two years you’ll have paid the same amount as it’s 0% APR. Personally, I’ll just drip feed with higher monthlies as its gives more flexibility. Ultimately makes no odds though as far as I can see?

Just flexible, I don't like much leaving my bank each month, but at the same time instead of buying outright it made sense to make use of the 0% and keep the other 20k plus invested, I make more money that way and you can settle it and pay it off at anytime. :)

LOL!
Got a link to the mud flaps please?
https://www.rallyflapz.co.uk/toyota-yaris-gr-gr-four-2020-black-mudflaps-5353-p.asp

I quite like the full rally look, but those carbon guards also look great.
https://automotivepassion.net/product/toyota-yaris-gr-front-carbon-arch-guards/

It blows my mind cars don't come with mudflaps anymore. The arches in my 4C are absolutely by stonechips.

For the Yaris, they don't fit them as it 'voids the warranty'. When I asked if that means then that the paint warranty will cover arch stone chips in ~3 years they said no. It's a 100% design flaw / defect imo, absolutely ridiculous. Just building in some work for themselves in the future, atrocious. No wonder dealers are going extinct. Designed to fail.

Last edited:
RS Fabrications have cracked 310bhp at the MRC dyno. The Litchfield figures seem a bit optimistic at the moment with the claims of 7bhp from the ITG panel filter and cracking 300bhp with just the tuning box. But maybe the MRC dyno is a bit stingy with the figures?

Anyway new video at 6pm:

Mine is sat on a truck somewhere around Derbyshire according to the tracker, dealer should get it next week so I can collect it a week on Monday. :)

RS Fabrications have cracked 310bhp at the MRC dyno. The Litchfield figures seem a bit optimistic at the moment with the claims of 7bhp from the ITG panel filter and cracking 300bhp with just the tuning box. But maybe the MRC dyno is a bit stingy with the figures?

Anyway new video at 6pm:

I don't think you can get anything from just swapping the intake on Toyotas. The ECU rubs out any gains afaik.

It blows my mind cars don't come with mudflaps anymore. The arches in my 4C are absolutely by stonechips.

If it's like the Elise, along the sills is the worst place for stone chips. Even with front mud flaps :/

Last edited:
You do see some power gains as I saw it for myself 2-3bhp with the ITG panel filter. But Litchfield are claiming 7bhp on the advertising for the same filter so bit odd that's all.

Full intakes are a different story though, and I think you're right in that I very much doubt we'll see proper gains from full intakes until full remapping is possible.

You do see some power gains as I saw it for myself 2-3bhp with the ITG panel filter. But Litchfield are claiming 7bhp on the advertising for the same filter so bit odd that's all.

Full intakes are a different story though, and I think you're right in that I very much doubt we'll see proper gains from full intakes until full remapping is possible.

I’ll not be changing the intake I’m a firm believe the stock systems are best for performance due to cold air intake nature. Only really advantage of an intake is noise but there is now blow of valves coming to market as well.

Back
Top Bottom