Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

There were a lot of forecasts around a world wide recession kicking in during the 2nd half of this year. It seems now we are in that situation. They predict 30% of households to have solvency issues by the end of the year. I’m also seeing a lot of companies reigning in spending to extreme levels now. I wonder whether this one will be a short and sharp one or more drawn out.

The Recession was last year.

Smoke and mirrors now in my opinion.

The market moves ahead of the actual economy so they arent exactly parallel so yea I agree but for people the recession is when mortgage payments filter in as their locked rate expire. USA has the most subsidised debt, they can fix for 25 years when they wish at the 10yr treasury rate roughly I think, very safe ^tnx

Even so I think Lloyds is too cheap, it wasnt especially expensive anyway but it always gets sold off. Wheres their weakness especially or at least in contrast to other banks

You talking about the ads that pop up saying how you can make 8%? Snake oil. Stay away.
One of those things that is going to be completely dependent on fashions and tastes, and probably subject to a lot of manipulation. Wouldn't touch it myself.

Still just plodding on building my portfolio. Another buy yesterday into an AI-focused pie I made a while back.

Should probably make more of the Tory disaster economy and buy some UK Divi stocks.

One of those things that is going to be completely dependent on fashions and tastes, and probably subject to a lot of manipulation. Wouldn't touch it myself.
That, also the cost to store whiskey is astronomical. These whiskey investments are basically asset refinancing to make the creators books look better.

Short term blip I'd guess as Russia being chaotic is not new news, more interested if its ok to be long term bullish on Agriculture etc. CAT done well in all weather

Remember this one, it aint a small deal :)
lower carbon apparently
qweQC7n.png

But a cask and put it in your shed then
Just buying the Glen Fidd bottles regularly over twenty years worked I read. This is commodity direct speculation vs say investing in the company or similar who are holding a warehouse full of it. I wonder the same on every commodity, which is safer and/or pays more.
I wanted to buy the whole CRB index my bank said I lack sophistication no go :o

POLY forced leave of LSE, anyone involved there. Its a share dynamic change not the company, forced sales is unfortunate

£40-70 a year a cask. No CGT. Gets more expensive with age. Seems interesting
£40-70 a year is a lot of money to give to someone else every year. Does it pay dividends?

I'd be amazed if it outperformed an index tracker over the long term.

But you go for it and let us all know :)

It will be interesting to see what happens in the market Monday morning. Especially after today's events.
Pretty sure they'll be positive, just after a week of selling. This Wagner stuff is a tentative step towards the end of this daft war so probably a bit of a bump from that, depending on what goes down over the weekend.

£40-70 a year is a lot of money to give to someone else every year. Does it pay dividends?

I'd be amazed if it outperformed an index tracker over the long term.

But you go for it and let us all know :)
Well it’s a cask worth £13k. But rather than shooting people down I was looking for anyone with experience. For something that seems to be worth more the older it gets I’m not sure it’s that bad a investment within a diverse portfolio to be honest.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom