Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Pretty sure they'll be positive, just after a week of selling. This Wagner stuff is a tentative step towards the end of this daft war so probably a bit of a bump from that, depending on what goes down over the weekend.
What exactly is going to be impacted? Any thoughts or just some reaction based on nothing ? Interest to know what the impact may be

The Recession was last year.

Smoke and mirrors now in my opinion.

No recession, just stock market comming down due to interest rates, though its possible we might have a minor technical recession (negative GDP). The recession has not yet happened, when we enter recession, central banks will halt tightening and start dropping rates, as inflation would be gone at that point (overdone)

One of those things that is going to be completely dependent on fashions and tastes, and probably subject to a lot of manipulation. Wouldn't touch it myself.

Still just plodding on building my portfolio. Another buy yesterday into an AI-focused pie I made a while back.

Should probably make more of the Tory disaster economy and buy some UK Divi stocks.

So my theory prior to chatgpt is, someone, highly likely google, will crack AGI first, then ask that AGI to make them money.

At which point everyone is competing with AGI with the resources of one of the big companies, which is basically impossible.

So my AI investment, is based on companies who are going for AGI.

But there is way too much hype around AI as a word, its thrown around non-stop to the point where it would take more time to even understand what exactly are these people doing which counts as "AI" than i want to spend tbh.

So with Nvidia which is probably the #1 AI hype stock i dont think its an AI company at all, but i might be wrong, An AI company should have the goal of creating AGI, and they should be working towards that. If they are not, they are not an AI company in my book.

AFAIK they only design chips, and yes you need chips to use in data servers, however if google or Microsoft creates AGI, then within days it will begin producing chip designs that are better im sure.

I tried to invest in OpenAI in 2017, after watching "Dendi vs. OpenAI dota 2" (search that if interested), but yea, you cannot :(

Last edited:
Well it’s a cask worth £13k. But rather than shooting people down I was looking for anyone with experience. For something that seems to be worth more the older it gets I’m not sure it’s that bad a investment within a diverse portfolio to be honest.
'Worth more the older it gets' well I guess you've found an amazing investing trick that all the banks don't want everyone to find out! It's a gross oversimplification of the asset, basically. You have no idea what someone will be willing to pay for that cask in the future (although I'm willing to bet that the company trying to punt them to you will take it back off your hands for a 'reasonble' price, after you've paid for storage in the intervening years.

Buy a decent, boring dividend stock and it'll be 'worth more the older it gets'....

What exactly is going to be impacted? Any thoughts or just some reaction based on nothing ? Interest to know what the impact may be
Well, bugger all now since it was all a damp squib.

It's not rocket science though. Any news that indicates an end to the Ukraine war will be positive for the markets.

Just had an email that T212 is supporting multi currency. That's pretty handy for trading in multiple currencies or loading funds from different banks.
yea, not happening for a month though
  • We’re starting with GBP, USD, EUR, CHF, DKK, NOK, PLN, SEK, CZK, RON, BGN, HUF​

I'm not convinced it's really a game changer though and it will probably catch a lot of noobies out if the £ starts to get stronger and they are hoarding most their free cash in USD or whatever.

If you ever use the t12 app instead of the website it has a forum type social thing going on, you'd be amazed how so many people don't know even the most basic things.

There's quite often posts from people who think when they lose money on the exchange rate that it's the FX fee :cry:

The interest on uninvested cash is great though its like a mini dividend every day :D

Last edited:
Yeah I dread to imagine that!

I think the appeal for me is moving to Spain it’ll be nice to just send euros and have low exchange fees rather than messing about.
Get a starling account, with a euro account. Made moving back to the UK very easy.

Use it for holidays now, just plonk holiday budget into EUR account and debit card takes it straight from there (you have to enable EUR spending in the card options).

In other stock news....ABOUT FLIPPIN TIME my stubborn DCAing into EV stocks in the first half of the year is starting to pay off. Rivian up 7% premarket again.

Last edited:
Get a starling account, with a euro account. Made moving back to the UK very easy.

Use it for holidays now, just plonk holiday budget into EUR account and debit card takes it straight from there (you have to enable EUR spending in the card options).

In other stock news....ABOUT FLIPPIN TIME my stubborn DCAing into EV stocks in the first half of the year is starting to pay off. Rivian up 7% premarket again.

Ah, i have N26 and Wise. Both allow easy transfers between the two currencies. Starling don't operate in Spain so direct debits etc were a bit trickier.

I know past performance doesn't equal future performance blah blah blah but check out these swings!
oh5NwiY.png

Well Trading212.....I just logged into the app to see a notification that one of my holdings had been market sold. Quite a big one.

Live chat is telling me it was done to protect my account from a negative balance? Wtf? Don't have time to ring them right now

Well Trading212.....I just logged into the app to see a notification that one of my holdings had been market sold. Quite a big one.

Live chat is telling me it was done to protect my account from a negative balance? Wtf? Don't have time to ring them right now
Oh, Polestar isn't allowed in ISAs now.....that's why it was sold.

Edit : It was never allowed in an ISA, although T212 allowed you to buy one there....this is then rectifying that mistake.

Well, guess I need to decide where to put that cash now.....probably wait a bit for this current phase of market over exuberance to subside

Last edited:
IMO its starting to look like a sell off as big boys rebalance their portfolios could happen soon

AI bubble probably peaked already

Last edited:

Are you using leverage and/or shorting? I though that negative balance protection was only for short selling/not having enough cash to cover your margin.

Are you using leverage and/or shorting? I though that negative balance protection was only for short selling/not having enough cash to cover your margin.
No, as I mentioned in a later post, the AI powered chat was just assuming that was why my holdings had been sold. The actual reason was that HMRC had told T212 that Polestar stock isn't allowed in an ISA.

Ate a single digit loss on that, and obviously it bounced 5% since the forced sale. Would have been a lot worse if it sold off last month mind.

Currently deciding whether any point still. Holding what I hold.

I've tried selling before at an expected dip and got it wrong more than right.
No point selling. Because I was forced to sell a holding I am holding off reinvesting for a while, but I wouldn't sell through choice.

Polestar up another 5% premarket, le sigh :(

Back
Top Bottom