Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Trading update. Future looks really good now tbh. Gutted i sold my 66p shares at 144p haha

That's me being greedy.

Can't really argue at a 130% profit though!

I'm trying to convince myself to not buy more ASLI, they're pretty heavily undervalued based on their NAV, and although i'm sat on a reasonable loss at the moment i have faith they'll come good!

Caporegime
Trading update. Future looks really good now tbh. Gutted i sold my 66p shares at 144p haha

That's me being greedy.

Yeah I one hand you can not take profit (like me usually) and lose the gain. Or this. Where it just keeps going up.

Done well On pacwest bancorp. Some random news sent them crashing but looks like a merger with another local USA bank.

And they've recovered the huge loss!

GSdCsN4.jpg

Soldato
Makes you wonder why were the investment banks were giving such negative future guidance for Rolls Royce. I had sold some and hold some but really wish I had topped up on lows. I think they will be ok, just needs them to do the job well and compete globally. Sector wise demand is increasing for them but I cant say I know that for sure, theres always doubts

AAZ has a mine closed on environmental concerns or is it political and in the middle of a battlefield, they arent low risk but their cost per ounce of gold is below 1000. Cheap if they can proceed, they are div tomorrow so will put that back into the shares

U.S. Dollar Index (DXY)​

needs to lose 100 for a proper boom

Soldato
Makes you wonder why were the investment banks were giving such negative future guidance for Rolls Royce.
Because they are just guessing like the rest of us.

RR has been issuing shares even prior to covid, however during covid their share count increased by 48%

Their return on capital and margins are low to negative (prior to covid)

Operating income is in decline prior to covid, new revenue is being offset by higher costs (prior to covid) (due to negative relative return on capital)

The future is certainly negative, but highly inaccurate predictions due to the volatile nature of RR leads to a large surprise in results which then trigger huge trading activity, could easily have been -20%

Soldato
RR has been issuing shares even prior to covid, however during covid their share count increased by 48%

Their return on capital and margins are low to negative (prior to covid)

Operating income is in decline prior to covid, new revenue is being offset by higher costs (prior to covid) (due to negative relative return on capital)

The future is certainly negative, but highly inaccurate predictions due to the volatile nature of RR leads to a large surprise in results which then trigger huge trading activity, could easily have been -20%
You have not convinced me.

Out of curiosity has anyone been buying bonds lately? I personally have gone long in VEMT (Vanguard etf https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-search-results/v/vanguard-funds-plc-usd-emerging-mkts-govt)

Wanting to lock in a good yield in advance of interest rate drops, whenever that may be.
I've been buying individual gilts not funds.

Soldato
Longer and longer I have spent in this space the more I see that articles, analysts are not really a lot of cop.

If motley fool article says avoid.. Probably worth buying!
Motley Fool etc have seen churning out auto-generated drivel for years before it became cool with AI. Any kind of 'free' information is nonsense, there's plenty of analysts getting paid good money to advise people and companies in private.

Not very much exciting in my portfolio atm. Did punt a little more into Intel before results, which was lucky. Rivian is a slightly too large slice of my portfolio now even after slicing a bit off, but will hold the rest now.

Been trickling into a boring UK dividend pie I made as well.

Caporegime
Longer and longer I have spent in this space the more I see that articles, analysts are not really a lot of cop.

If motley fool article says avoid.. Probably worth buying!
most of them are just posting any old crap, probably a lot of them are just written by robots now based on the info in the articles.

they try to seed sentiment and that's it.

also never seen an analysts price target be accurate at any point yet.

anyone using them for confirmation bias is indeed a motleyfool...

Stock whatever sucks, sell it now by the same guy will appear in like 5 different news articles from different sites on googles news section

Last edited:
Soldato
That anything you said is more than guesswork as well.

If everyone is guessing and you are guessing also then i dont understand why you are even posting in this thread. i gave a few responses, you can argue with them or not, but you haven't even said your own opinion on it. In addition all i have said is that RR is a bad company, in the long term i am extremely pessimistic, and i do not trade short term.

Soldato
T212 now allowing assets to be lent out for shorting positions it seems. Decent rates of interest available too from what i can make out. Could be a decent option if you're long on some of the companies with hefty short positions.
As long as you never need to sell as you've just taken a small percentage interest over letting someone else drive your share price down.

Back
Top Bottom