Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

No matter how much red you see it could always be worse.

8re0Rz9h.png

25% down now :cry:

I have £1k worth of Intel but yep not good times right now...

700k worth of it though. Not so good!

Last edited:
Yur, outside of some pocket money in individual stocks. I stick to indexes. I neither have the balls, stupidity / insight or money to YOLO such amounts in to individual stocks. What a pleb.

I'm mostly in index funds as well but I like the odd dabble in other stocks, keeps it interesting.

I wouldn't put all my net wealth into one stock though.

My best performer is NG, which I also have £1K in but my average is 890 and it's 995 today.

This is the nail in coffin for me. I was doing 50/50 etf to single stocks. After this I'm just going to do 100pc etfs. And forget about it.

Quite a few stocks I've swung from nice profit to bad loss.. In a week.

You guys have said it for ages! Now I've finally been spanked into shape!
People suggest that you don't have more that 10% of a portfolio in single company shares.... I have far less than that at the moment, mainly because I've been bed and ISAing by selling my single company stocks moving the case into an ISA then buying ETFs. I'm not considering my work shares plans thou, as that's a different ball game as they come discounted.

Quite the few days BUT I've just transferred another sizeable cash ISA block in to Vanguard so am hopeful I can buy in during this lull period. Aim was add to existing VUAG and VDWXEIA investments.
I'm already near the limit for the year, else I would move a load from my normal savings.. got a feeling that the government will play with interest tax in the next budget.. looks like it back to being disappointed with premium bonds again for me.. lol

Seeing a lot of discussion on Reddit today with the dip in the US stock markets , lots of people saying "buy the dip" ... If only it was that easy right?

Anyone got predictions on how this will play out, media scaremongering or a real risk of a crash? I don't own any shares/stocks but still have a bit of an interest

Seeing a lot of discussion on Reddit today with the dip in the US stock markets , lots of people saying "buy the dip" ... If only it was that easy right?

Anyone got predictions on how this will play out, media scaremongering or a real risk of a crash? I don't own any shares/stocks but still have a bit of an interest
It's pretty hard to tell but I don't think it will be another 2008 crash. We were due for a correction especially in the tech sector as the last couple of months it has gone up bigly! This time last year we had a correction as i should know as I blew up my port :p

As for a recession in the US its not surprising, it was a dramatic rise in interest rates and i think the fed should have reduced by .25 last month. i think we will see a .50 reduction in september and stocks and crypto will start pumping. Don't forget its an election year and i don't think the fed wants another 4 years of the Orange man. Stay away from trading currency though as it will be very volatile. of course I'm not a financial adviser and could be totally wrong :cry:

Last edited:
I bought INTC and CSCO in the teens years back, a lot of tech used to be (too) unpopular. I actually regretted selling too early for both; they've both had bad scares before. Always better with an index, I dont see tech as too much but near term I guess it was a sell. Intel I thought was working with TSMC or something smart sounding like that. Nikkei was down 6%, along with FTSE I'd like to add more if we were at year lows

RR was doing so much better then I thought it would though it is defense related, so why wouldn't it. They still aren't confirmed for the series of UK power plants which is sad if it doesn't happen not just the stock price. 390p was where I thought it should hold and now I cant sell RR or any other stock doing well over years, just to play a guessing game.
Cheap energy would help the UK manufacturing sector etc.

I see the tech Fund doesnt list INTC where as I do own a few, so the fund does more research then me for sure :o

This is the nail in coffin for me. I was doing 50/50 etf to single stocks. After this I'm just going to do 100pc etfs. And forget about it.

You said it before and a week later you were posting about some random stocks.

Buy EQQQ then

Last edited:

This is not the first time you've said this. You really shouldn't be touching stocks at all if you don't have the discipline to stick to a strategy.

I'm just buying S&P this year, with a little swing trading on my psychedelics holdings, skimming a bit off on upswings and buying again on dips, but not expanding my overall holding. Big FDA decision in a week or so that could moon or tank them.

Last edited:
Single stocks would be the very definition of gambling for me. I've never been anywhere near them.
Stick money in an index and forget about it for a few years/decades.

From my experince in dealing in single companies stocks, I'm basically swing trading them and not trying to hold them for long term investments, any profit made is going to a tracker of some sort.

Tt's a case of doing whatever research you need then buy as many as you can/want in on go... dollar cost averaging into them doesn't seem to work for me.. then set sell limits on it straight away so that when it hits your upper limit, you don't get greedy and if it tanks, you don't lose more than you're expecting. The limits only need to be reviewed if the fundamentals for the company changes.

What about the person who bought it 27 years ago
They would have had 3 stock splits and countless dividends?

I'm down quite a lot on INTC right now and honestly don't really care.
I have a lot of other individual stocks that make up for it

I don't do swing trading, I buy for the long run, CDPR, KRKNF, PLTR etc companies that seem to be going somewhere. I probably shoulda dumped intel when all the talk about failing chips started then bought back after earnings.. but whatever

if you do single stocks then your going to get winners and losers, that's why you don't stick all your eggs in one basket

Michael burry isnt all winners either

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom