Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Man intel getting hammered.

I sold my tesla in the high 250s, took a nice profit so nice timing.

Bought AMD at 155 and all my profits gone :) Which is a shame since they reported better than expected earnings!

This is the nail in coffin for me. I was doing 50/50 etf to single stocks. After this I'm just going to do 100pc etfs. And forget about it.

Quite a few stocks I've swung from nice profit to bad loss.. In a week.

You guys have said it for ages! Now I've finally been spanked into shape!

Getting out of single stocks definitely reduced my stress levels massively when I made the change.

Don't get me wrong, I still eyeball the chart daily which isn't healthy, but there's no longer any real gutting feeling on a red day, even one like today.

It's been enough for me to start feeling a little excited when they happen in terms of opportunity instead.

I think I'll delete my watch lists and block the news from my news feed. It's too tempting to "that looks a great".
I think I'm down 10pc for the year now.

Are you still holding Persimmon @413x, +50% from our buy ins now.

But i'm mainly trackers and I did pile into some gilts during the Truss crash, doing very well now and nice to see inverse correlation so its not all crashing at once.

Are you still holding Persimmon @413x, +50% from our buy ins now.

But i'm mainly trackers and I did pile into some gilts during the Truss crash, doing very well now and nice to see inverse correlation so its not all crashing at once.

Yeah tbh those old safe UK shares (persimmon/aviva/ezj) have all been better now than the US shares I got into (as a group)

Aa4 has been a real gem too. Really under the radar plane lease company. Because of issues with production lines at airbus they've been doing well.
20pc dividend

Couple of 10pc UK reits have barely moved at all. Which, again, is better than a lot of USA shares now!

Last edited:
No matter how much red you see it could always be worse.

8re0Rz9h.png

25% down now :cry:
Yeah but if he's leaving it a decade it'll probably be a million dollars. Maybe.
It's certainly a bumpy ride at the moment!

Quite the few days BUT I've just transferred another sizeable cash ISA block in to Vanguard so am hopeful I can buy in during this lull period. Aim was add to existing VUAG and VDWXEIA investments.

Last edited:
My VUAG has understandably taken a battering but I've been in it long enough that it's still several thousand up so happy enough.Tech is so volatile, but the growth makes it worth it for me.
I am starting to spread things out a bit now though, even have some bonds!

My VUAG has understandably taken a battering but I've been in it long enough that it's still several thousand up so happy enough.Tech is so volatile, but the growth makes it worth it for me.
I am starting to spread things out a bit now though, even have some bonds!
Aye. My investments are there for the long haul with an occasional snack when it hits a particular high. As you say, this current drop is almost shruggable when considering I've been exposed since 2020 (managed to inadvertantly time it during the covid cliff-edge) and returns have been exceptional over that period.

Intels probably an over reaction and will be mid 20s again soon.

loads of pension companies will have pulled out cos of the dividend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom