Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Maybe he just realised having 50% in a single company is stupid?

He's not got a time machine, he doesn't know what will happen in the future but he is big on valuation. Maybe he just doesn't see much to buy and given the size of Berkshire most companies are just too small anyway as he has said in the past.

Last edited:
a lot of the times its people losing their confidence triggering the landslide lack of confidence.

In this case it'll be 50% of something and 50% people ******** the bed if it happens

Last edited:
I sold out for cash quite a while back now, just collecting the interest monthly, i would still have been better off leaving it in the funds i had, even with this blip (i know this so no smug remarks needed ha ) i have become ridiculously risk averse but this is potential extension/annexe money and i am 60 after all , having said that if it really really tanks...............................

I sold out for cash quite a while back now, just collecting the interest monthly, i would still have been better off leaving it in the funds i had, even with this blip (i know this so no smug remarks needed ha ) i have become ridiculously risk averse but this is potential extension/annexe money and i am 60 after all , having said that if it really really tanks...............................
Is it sitting in your SIPP or ISA as cash? Thought about a money market fund? I'm looking at that now just for something low risk for some of mine as I might have to start taking my pension soon so having to think about 'de risking' some of it. Think the Vanguard one has about a 5% yield.

Last edited:
Is it sitting in your SIPP or ISA as cash? Thought about a money market fund? I'm looking at that now just for something low risk for some of mine as I might have to start taking my pension soon so having to think about 'de risking' some of it. Think the Vanguard one has about a 5% yield.
both tbh but the big chunk is in a sipp getting the standard Vanguard interest rate . a no to low risk better option sounds good

I noticed a while back trading212 moved my cash from 100% QMMF to 42% QMFF and the rest split between Barclays, NatWest and JP Morgan.

Anyone with a lot of cash on there might wanna consider clicking "don't pay me interest" for awhile.

People are obviously thinking QMFF are now a risk

Last edited:
From my experince in dealing in single companies stocks, I'm basically swing trading them and not trying to hold them for long term investments, any profit made is going to a tracker of some sort.

Tt's a case of doing whatever research you need then buy as many as you can/want in on go... dollar cost averaging into them doesn't seem to work for me.. then set sell limits on it straight away so that when it hits your upper limit, you don't get greedy and if it tanks, you don't lose more than you're expecting. The limits only need to be reviewed if the fundamentals for the company changes.

I should see it as this. Most of the time I'm actually good at buying. I'm terrible at selling. I guess I should set an auto sell at a set limit as well as a stop loss. Sure I'd miss out on some mooners. But I'd do much better than I have I had to past.

I noticed a while back trading212 moved my cash from 100% QMMF to 42% QMFF and the rest split between Barclays, NatWest and JP Morgan.

Anyone with a lot of cash on there might wanna consider clicking "don't pay me interest" for awhile.

People are obviously thinking QMFF are now a risk

Hmm. Is that just the stocks isa? Or the cash isa as well?

Maybe he just realised having 50% in a single company is stupid?

He's not got a time machine, he doesn't know what will happen in the future but he is big on valuation. Maybe he just doesn't see much to buy and given the size of Berkshire most companies are just too small anyway as he has said in the past.

It looks like cashing out to lock in profits. Not buying anything yet, I think you're spot on - nothing has the 'correct' value just yet so he will wait and see and then go on a mass buying spree when he's ready. He's not the worlds most successful trader for nothing.

Bloodbath premarket. Time to put the trading app away and get on with other things!

Edit: remember kids, don't panic sell. If you haven't sold already, you're just crystallising the lose.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom