Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Premarket has already bounced.

Making out of hours trading accessible to everyone on platforms like T212 is going to really burn some people making market sells. Quite a few stocks went more than 20% down. People freaking out over the Nikkei drop when it's still reacting to the US drop on Friday.

Last edited:
During this time you need to watch the market and various companies for opportunities.

My temperament is such that, i can never panic sell, rather my mistake was going away and not looking at anything stock related, missing out on a few opportunities, which would have led to a decent gain.

During this time you need to watch the market and various companies for opportunities.

My temperament is such that, i can never panic sell, rather my mistake was going away and not looking at anything stock related, missing out on a few opportunities, which would have led to a decent gain.
yeah when I got burnt in 2022 I stopped trading and didn't even look at the market for 10 months, think that mistake cost me more.

unless you absolutely know what your doing.... Today is NOT a day to be messing around in the markets....

Sit tight, do nothing, let balance restore itself at some point soon.

yeah when I got burnt in 2022 I stopped trading and didn't even look at the market for 10 months, think that mistake cost me more.

Yea for me 2020, prob same amount of time.

unless you absolutely know what your doing.... Today is NOT a day to be messing around in the markets....

This can continue for several months, you need to keep watching for opportunity, in 2020 i managed to double down on shell at sub 1000, but i missed big tech.

Last edited:
I generally see dips as buying opportunities but you do need spare capital to do it.

I've made some buys this morning, I'll keep an eye on things and buy more if we dip more.

Exactly. This could be a quick 10% correction for froth or a bigger fall. If it’s big then I’ll be waiting to buy more index funds. Japan seems to be the worst hit and has had a fairly unique situation with stagflation, low interest when the rest of the world hasn’t. There’s a bit of panic with the US data but that’s still too early and it’s not significant enough yet.

Will this all have an effect on our own interest rates?

doubt it.

0.25% off last month and it was always going to be a very very slow steady decrease of interest rates.... I don't see anything changing there. Maybe another 0.25% before end of the year but I don't see anything else changing on that front.

Wonder if the fed will go with a 0.50% cut next month now. They probably don't want to look like they're panicking but saying that, they always seem to be a bit slow with their decisions.

Bloodbath premarket. Time to put the trading app away and get on with other things!

Edit: remember kids, don't panic sell. If you haven't sold already, you're just crystallising the lose.
Thanks, I was really tempted to sell off my VUSA holding but will see how it pans out.

Thanks, I was really tempted to sell off my VUSA holding but will see how it pans out.

Hold.... Selling will just crystalise the loss....

What else are you going to do with the money if it's invested for the longer term?? Stick it in cash?? - the big problem is then, when do you re-invest it.... When is the bottom? etc etc.

Assuming you invested for medium to long term in ISA/pension etc - just leave it well alone....

Even as of right now. VUSA/VUAG is still up ~9% YTD. I'm hoping my ISA transfer clears sharpish, as has been stated above, there are new and old opportunities abound. I'm likely to add to existing investments including SP500 as well as cast an eye wider.

Hmmm I have a fair bit of powder dry at the moment. I'm dumping extra money into my index funds in tranches.

Last edited:
Both Apple and Nvidia are down almost 10% pre market, thats around $60 billion just in these 2 stocks

Wonder if the fed will go with a 0.50% cut next month now. They probably don't want to look like they're panicking but saying that, they always seem to be a bit slow with their decisions.
I personally think 0.50 is a gaven and there's talks of full base point cut.

Last edited:

I'd say better to do 2 concurrent 0.25s

I expect this will accelerate rate cuts if the wheels are starting to come off.

I probably should have seen this coming. Work seems to have slowed down. And I didn't put the 2 together

Days like this truely show it's really hard for individuals to make a judgement on any single stocks.

I'm even down on vuag/vwrp now.

Its taken so long to build up. And so quick to crash. It is episodes like this that teach me. And this is probably my biggest lesson to date. Just glad my biggest holding by far (aviva) is so stable

Back
Top Bottom