Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Whys Lloyds up 5%

02/04/11 10:00 Reports & Surveys Lloyds TSB reveals that the number of property sales in England and Wales has fallen by almost a half since 2007, with a 42% drop in the South compared to 51% in the North

Bought back Hoil after realising the pullback its had is quite obviously on lower volume /interest. Add in a possible 400m return on disputed uganda asset sale, its worth guessing on more upside then down
Head guy owns like 33% of the company I think which I find quite comforting

Anyone here investing in large caps/value?

BP is up 3.8% today (so far) which was to be expected after the ridiculous -5% it suffered this week on negative sentiment for the Rosneft deal and the manslaughter charges.

BHP is also going up virtually every day (still below Feb highs though) as demand for commodities and oil prices are only going (to go) up for the foreseeable future. Anyone knows when it will execute its share buyback? That should push the SP even higher, it's meant to buy back $10bn of shares this year in AU and UK indexes (definitely UK, not sure if it's AU or USA that it won't be buying back).

I see Gold explorers still a popular choice :cool:

Not been a great Q1 with all the Middle East problems plus Japanese tsunami but nothing wrong with a healthy pullback and sets us up ready for the rest of the year.

The mighty BAO continues to rise though i feel a retrace may be due so decided to slice 50% on Friday.

RRL could be a beauty, not without risk of course but if Georgia/Puntland strike then no doubt it'll fly to the moon. Have quite a few tucked away in the ISA/SIPP.

HER should be a good one if you're willing to hold long term, a big buy went through after hours on Friday, looks like some institutional interest. Been holding from sub 1p.

Hope everyone has a successfull year !

Last edited:
Whats the chances of RRL reporting a dry well sometime and heading back down to 8p so I can buy some more, I wonder

Every other share sells off on bad even good news so waiting for weak hands to fumble...

Georgia spud late May

Saw Georgia in the news recently.
Millionaire builds oil pipe line on government contract, demands payment, is refused. Court awards money to be paid, dude gets arrested and held in prision for last year.

Not very democratic however I watched this on Russia Today channel, #85

This I assume: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/04/01/israeli-businessmen-guilty-tbilisi-court/

Interesting, not much detail, and seems they were jailed for bribery caught on tape. Georgia was a corrupt place for business, seems to have improved significantly recently, time will tell...

Cannot see 8p again unless Puntland does not go ahead and a duster on the 1st Georgia well. Positive He survey would suggest a good chance of success.

Just have a quick question if anyone has done this in the past : I'd like to move my stocks from TD Waterhouse to HSBC , how would I go about this? TD Waterhouse only mentions about moving stocks in, not away from them.

Also - how long would a process like this take?

Main reason for doing this, is I'll be changing my current account to HSBC and would like to have everything under one roof.

Thanks !

BP are back drilling in the Gulf of Mexico according to the Guardian.
Tenderhooks much!
You just know the world is watching.

Anyone have an opinion on either a) CRND b) ORE? Got a couple of grand burning a hole in my pocket and its either invest it or blow it on coke and hookers (kidding)

Finally got my target 100,000 shares in HER and XTR before (i hope) they take off.

Holding 180,000 RRL......really praying they dont hit a duster :D

Everything I've learnt so far from the Naked Trader would tell me to avoid both, although I was invested in (and sold out of) ORE last week.

You need to give a little more info than that my friend! By the way russinating just noticed that youre in Bristol...where do you work? I live in Clifton as well :) Work for PwC at the mo, if Range hit anything big then I'll be buying a nice house :D

In that case, the Naked Trader wouldn't like anything in my portfolio :D (around £70k in total)

Actually scratch that, I have held Hargreaves Lansdown (my previous employer) since IPO, they are due to enter ther FTSE 100 shortly. Its funny really, they are the investment that I am least interested in however by a country mile they are the most profitable :D Oil companies are just addictivehehehe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom