Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

I think it's me confusing things. No stamp duty on RRL, but these are listed on the ASX.

i can't remember why i paid stamp duty on some and not others -i think it might be because some companies have the main listing on the asx or tsx (a few of my shares are like this, but i didn't keep track of which ones attracted stamp duty and which didn't - i trusted iii to charge me correctly).
i'm pretty sure i have paid double for the ireland listed shares though.

I think it's me confusing things. No stamp duty on RRL, but these are listed on the ASX.

I'm not helping matters either... :o

My understanding was based on the link I provided, but I've just gone back through some records from 2008, and I paid stamp duty on 12/14 trades under £1000, so I appear to be talking out of my arse. Apologies... :o

The two that I didn't pay stamp duty on were Petrofac and Randgold Resources.

If you're worried about stamp duty and are just trading short term then perhaps look at CFDs. You don't necessarily have to utilise all the leverage they offer.

CNR RNS looks good at first read. Basically delays of about 2 weeks on the 'big RNS', but some encouraging nuggets in the one that is out today- bodes well :)

^ ORE has moved a fair bit on no real news the last few day so beware on the price you get in at, CNR on the otherhand hasnt done much on that RNS so its looking a good top up too,

Kinda in the same place

Quite like the PYC RNS today. UEN have also spudded, potential on them. I was trading their 11-17p range, not in at the moment though.

Back
Top Bottom