Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Im not sure how much CNR has to be worried about, not fussed really. But DES, yep i dont juggle chainsaws no thanks :o Now what? Surely a lot of these aim stocks rely on trust, belief, etc

plenty of upside growth in cnr, it will just take time.

as for des - imo it was the most overpriced aim stock i have seen, definitely the most overpriced aim oil stock - even now it hangs on when it should be a lot lower.

Soldato
What do you guys think of HOIL? It's looking pretty cheap and I'm thinking of diversifying my ISA stocks. Considering their assets look pretty sound and they were recently offered £4.20 a share in a takeover bid I'd say there are many out there who have faith in the company.

Soldato
Its Iraq and they found one of the largest gas finds in the area for decades apparently. Another des then :p gas is not popular and its not transportable (easily) is the problem I read.

Hoil also has some 400m held under arbitration with Uganda government who decided they made a bit too much money from selling to tullow. Ive no idea if that would go their way but maybe,
Also they paid out a div of a quid hence its lower now ex

I sold them 318 got back 279 and now losing money \o/ Kurds are possibly fighting with Arabs, civil war is possible and kurds do have an army to do so though I believe them more moderate, maybe im wrong.

Lots of risk and not a fully operational company? though not small either, it could half still i guess

hoil said:
a producing property in Russia

Chart view, the co has been in decline for 2 years. In line with that, price targets would be 243 to 291 in its descending weekly trend

285p is the 200 day average price

plenty of upside growth in cnr, it will just take time.

Always thinking of downside though, its there somewhere. Dollar had slight recovery today ironically as USA faces credit downgrades

Last edited:
Soldato
Intriguing RNS for RRL...I wonder what this new acquisition is...

there is talk of it being an increased stake in trinidad (possibly 100%) - i don't know where people get their info from though.

there have been a few trading halts on the asx for rrl in the last year or 2 - sometimes its been very good news, sometimes its been nothing that effected the share price.

Soldato
Anyone else buying funds in their ISA's or just me? :D

Am in medium risk gold based ones - based on past 3 years performance should see me 20% this year easily :)

Soldato
Hey guys, quick question about capital gains tax with shares. Is it charged per holding or all together? E.g. if I hold 1000 shares in company A and 1000 shares in company B, each worth £10,000 difference between what I bought them for and what I can sell them for, will I be charged CGT for the allowance minus gain for each, or allowance minus gain for both?

Soldato
Im not in anything related to shares or finance Simon unfortunately, I did study stats in college though :D.
I just try to read up on stuff and take a general view of it, some of the info is put out by the actual broker for that company though so hardly unbiased though legally it has to be factual correct I guess

Heres some stuff on CAD again its put out by the nomad I think

http://web.matrixgroup.eu/FS/1312/Documents/Cadogan Petroleum 13.04.11.pdf

Emed down on good news?

CGT is charged on the gain realised in that tax year. So you need to making over 10k a year pure profit before its payable, doesnt matter which company where and how its done overall. Make 20k on one share or 10 twice on two shares, thats the same tax payable.
Every trick has already been tried basically :p

funds in their ISA
in a SIPP yep. medium risk gold would make most IFA spit out their tea :D If you are completely in gold, thats uber high risk though Im not saying its wrong especially now
Largest holding for me is emerging market debt, so I get my interest in brazilian reals. Better then dollars

Last edited:
Soldato
Is this a reasonable way to weigh up a company value, anyone else do this?

http://spandydotorg.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/caza_drilled_assets_dec2010_update1.pdf
http://spandy.org/

Caza sitting at bottom of the ocean at 25p now. hopefully no depth charges on way :eek:

BP done well today, far more bouyant. It did go to 450 (200dma)and has bounced now. i bought at 461 and ordered at 450, sold the 450 section off today now.
Reasons being, risk and I must take profits. Volume on the bounce wasnt massive, maybe not enough to overcome previous selling looks like but no definites.
Also the Eurodollar rate did well today and seing some topping in that also, which relates to oil price some

General thoughts are some rally in markets here but I expect it to waver. This is a holiday week and as such its subject to reversal, false moves much like happens every year at xmas. Volume is not good, dont take any price movements too seriously.
This affects big caps more then small caps I guess but still..

Gold at highest price ever recorded - 1500 (2200 inflation adjusted is top), POG dives anyway :o

Not sure about RRL. Looks dramatic but the air is thin at these heights, probably needs some time to adjust if still climbing, not sure
Volume was much higher on the fall but not too great. Overall volume has been dropping since rising above 18 which is not so good

zUffX.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi Guys

Any alternantive to RNSalert?

I just got the email saying he is suspending the service because LSE want £20,000 fees!

Also RRL, its gotta be good, considering CAZA for some time now too though

Back
Top Bottom