Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Any alternantive to RNSalert?

ADVFN?

Just to update with my status, I've currently got SBs on ATK, BOY, LAND and BLND. Currently holding profits on all 4.

Sorely tempted by ASOS, but I keep thinking it surely can't on going up. I decided that when it was +60 today, and it's closed at +114. Either way it'll be sods law: I don't buy, it goes up, and visa versa.

Soldato
ASOS is still going crazy. Anyone had any SBs on it the past couple of days? Unfortunately I can't due to the margin required on it. I'm happy to imagine how much could have been made instead (and waiting for it to pop).

Associate
Anyone else buying funds in their ISA's or just me? :D

Am in medium risk gold based ones - based on past 3 years performance should see me 20% this year easily :)

When you bought into the fund you will have been shown the sentence

"Past performance is not indicative of future results."

or

"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."

Good luck with it anyway :)

Associate
Hi Guys

Any alternantive to RNSalert?

I just got the email saying he is suspending the service because LSE want £20,000 fees!

Also RRL, its gotta be good, considering CAZA for some time now too though
I got that one too, shame as I was pretty reliant on it. I'm wondering if he just sent out an alert that one had been released (rather than the entire contents) if he'd still need to pay fees.

Anyway, after a bit of searching I found http://www.investegate.co.uk/ . I've signed up with my email and added my alerts. I haven't actually been able to test it yet though as no-ones released anything since.

Soldato
Does Halifax qualify, they send price alerts. Not 100% if also RNS

RKH makes me want to cry :(

Dry your tears RockHop is still good. A low price is another chance to build up the position some more, depends if its good value or not
This 200 area was a major point on the way up May 2010 so not expecting it to fall by easy.
Basically I see three separate trading reasons why it could rise, fundamentals Im less sure on

The pullback to 8 or 9 p area for CNR I think could turn into a base building exercise before it rises some more.
The batch of shares they issued were at 9p so really that was a sound deal they struck there to raise funds, so long as they using the money right.

I bought a bit more CNR. I got some Tesco, boring but they go ex div on weds and havent risen like everything else, no reason to doubt them really. I was then considering balancing that by laying off some more BP at 470 but unfortunately I didnt, now its back down again, duh

Looking at scaling into PMG, really I want them at 14 not 18. Net assets of 12.56m and income 4m but market cap 100m! not cheap

CNR Iam looking for a rise next week but in my mind its like RRL was last year. Expecting a lot of fake outs. I'll buy a bit every day most likely.
In December RRL rushed up 30%+ and straight back down and I figured thats a pre tremor if anything.
But I didnt increase my position so hoping to avoid that mistake so long as facts and general feel/momentum support the risk

EMED delayed the restart of the ancient roman copper mine, hence a bit of a plunge. Basically again, an opportunity to buy I think with caution

April 26, 2011
Heritage Oil to Commence US$100 Million Share Buy Back Programme
CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - April 26, 2011) -

THIS PRESS RELEASE IS NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO UNITED STATES NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES.

Heritage Oil Plc (TSX:HOC)(LSE:HOIL), an independent upstream exploration and production company, announces that it is commencing with immediate effect, a buy back programme to spend up to $100 million to acquire its Ordinary Shares, as the Board of Directors (the "Board") considers that the current share price is trading at a significant discount to the intrinsic, underlying value of the Company.

Heritage shareholders passed a resolution at the last Annual General Meeting on 17 June 2010, allowing the Company to buy back up to 28,786,693 Ordinary Shares, representing approximately 10 per cent. of the Company's voting share capital. Heritage has been unable to commence a buy back programme until now as the Company has been in trading black-out for either operational or corporate reasons since the resolution was passed.

With the regulatory black-out having been lifted, the Board is now implementing with immediate effect, a share buy back programme of up to $100 million. Heritage announced recently that it had approximately US$600 million of cash at year end, excluding amounts reserved in connection with the tax dispute in Uganda. The Board, which collectively owns over 30% of the share capital, believes that the buy back of shares is a worthwhile investment and in the best interests of the Company and its shareholders.

The Company has a strong balance sheet with which to make the purchases whilst also progressing with current work programmes and continuing to seek further opportunities to add value. The Company is actively identifying prospects in 2011, through acquiring or processing seismic in Tanzania, Mali and Malta whilst also continuing with the appraisal of the Miran field in Kurdistan. Further wells will also be drilled on the Zapadno Chumpasskoye Field in Russia which could add a material increase to production levels.

Tony Buckingham, Chief Executive Officer, commented:

"The sale of the Ugandan Assets in 2010 has provided Heritage with a strong balance sheet and available cash. The recent share price performance following the discovery of the Miran gas field in Kurdistan neither reflects the underlying value of the assets nor our belief in the longer term prospects of the Company. The buy back of shares is in the best interests of the Company and its shareholders."

Notes to Editors

-- Heritage is listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange and
is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. The trading symbol is HOIL.
Heritage has a further listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX:HOC).

-- Heritage is an independent upstream exploration and production company
engaged in the exploration for, and the development, production and
acquisition of, oil and gas in its core areas of Africa, the Middle East
and Russia.

-- Any purchases made under the buy back will be effected through the
facilities of the London Stock Exchange.

-- The buy back programme does not obligate Heritage to acquire any
particular amount of shares and may be modified or suspended at any time
at the Company's sole discretion, subject to shareholder approval.

-- Heritage has a producing property in Russia and exploration projects in
the Kurdistan Region of Iraq, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Malta,
Pakistan, Tanzania and Mali.

-- All dollars are US$ unless otherwise stated.

-- For further information please refer to our website,
www.heritageoilplc.com

If you would prefer to receive press releases via email please contact Jeanny So ([email protected]) and specify "Heritage press releases" in the subject line.

100m buyback on a 700m company. CNR rising like it was supposed - so far. volume aint mega though

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice news from BOY this morning. Been holding them for a week on my SB account and have a nice +50 gain now.

Only have 4 bets open so need to diversify with a couple more now, but am in profit on all and up 30% on my initial deposit. I blame beginner's luck.

Soldato
I can't help but notice that none of those companies actually make a profit.

LONDON (Dow Jones)--Cadogan Petroleum PLC (CAD.LN), an oil and gas company announced Wednesday it made a pretax profit of GBP0.5 million for the year ended December 31, 2010 compared with a loss of GBP107.2 million.
MAIN FACTS:
-Revenue: GBP3.3 million (2009: GBP2.3 million)
-Operating Profit: GBP0.4 million (2009: Loss GBP107.6 million)
-EPS: 0. 4 pence (2009: Loss 46.4 pence)
-Net Cash: GBP23.5 million (2009: GBP30.5 million)
-The Directors do not recommend the payment of a dividend for the year (2009: GBPnil).
-Extension received on the Pirkovskoe license to 2015
-Farm-out campaign being pursued to conserve existing cash and spread the risks associated with further exploration and development
-Resolution of Pirkovskoe and Zagoryanksa licenses issues
-Total capital expenditure of GBP7.8 million (2009: GBP23.5 million) during the year
-The Board remain committed to building a successful oil and gas business in Ukraine.
-Over the past year management have successfully rebased the company commensurate with its financial resources, whilst completing the total overhaul of its operating procedures, and improved the technical analysis and management of its resource base.
-The transaction with Eni S.p.A. (E) will, if approved by shareholders, prove transformational to the prospects of the Group, facilitating the exploitation of the Pokrovskoe and Zagoryanska licenses and aligning the interests of a major integrated energy company with Cadogan in Ukraine, a country where the opportunities in oil and gas remain abundant.
-The Board looks forward to the future with confidence.
-Shares at 0738 GMT down 1.8 pence, or 3.6%, at 47.0 pence.

Doh :(
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...-risk-lingers-over-oil-explorer-Heritage.html

Sold my Tesco ex div, £10 for every 100 shares paid plus the shares rose anyway. Been weak volume so reducing holding back to long term normal again.
Buying some PMG on major weakness and above average volume. Hoping it hasnt already hit bottom

BP may be buying out TNK. No doubt for a hefty price but should be good news if true considering the massive potential of Russia

Last edited:
Associate
I can't help but notice that none of those companies actually make a profit.

I never said they did. But if you want to see your 3 - 4% gains on FTSE listed companies etc go ahead.

It's always worth taking a punt on speculative companies in order to see some real gains.

I brought £5000 shares in BPC last July at around 3p... Now they are sitting around the 20p mark. You do the maths.

Some good tips here: http://brokermandaniel.com/
recommend reading that than the usual know it all type people who trawl these forums.

Associate
With Halifax tomorrow:

Royal Wedding promotion

Don't miss out on reduced commission when you buy UK equities online between 12pm and 2pm on Thursday 28th April - save £9.95 every time you trade.

I'm going to splurge some cash, but as usual am undecided....watch list is far too long :p

Soldato
I never said they did. But if you want to see your 3 - 4% gains on FTSE listed companies etc go ahead.

Who said anything about FTSE? :confused: I just said profit.

It's always worth taking a punt on speculative companies in order to see some real gains.

Maybe, but it'll always be that: a punt, a bet, a gamble. I'll stick to roulette - a 50/50 chance is far better odds.

I brought £5000 shares in BPC last July at around 3p... Now they are sitting around the 20p mark. You do the maths.

And how many have you took a punt on and lost?

I'm no expert, but I certainly don't believe you have to take risks punting on penny shares to make more than a 3% gain. I'm currently making profit on BOY, which is the equivalent of an 18% share gain (although it's through a SB) and they're by no means an AIM company who aren't even turning over a profit yet.

Back
Top Bottom