Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Some 'positive' data (ISM) for the USA means possibly more inflation and less chance of QE3 being announced near term.
Dollar up and quite likely markets down for a bit, not sure how much. 5400 was my upside target at week start and Im amazed its done so well, apparently its labour day holiday week in USA and so this week is 'quiet' like xmas or something

Its all voodoo but anyway taking profits on all of sorts of things here but still overweight, hoping to buy again next Tues

Sold a bit of CNR to buy again around 6p
7.2 I got as a rough ceiling, amazing turned around, 3.5p to now in a few weeks

ISM Manu 50.6 said:
Above 50.0 indicates industry expansion, below indicates contraction;
Why Traders
Care It's a leading indicator of economic health - businesses react quickly to market conditions, and their purchasing managers hold perhaps the most current and relevant insight into the company's view of the economy;
Derived Via Survey of about 400 purchasing managers which asks respondents to rate the relative level of business conditions including employment, production, new orders, prices, supplier deliveries, and inventories;
Also Called Manufacturing ISM Report On Business;

ISM 55.5 said:
Why Traders
Care It's a leading indicator of consumer inflation - when businesses pay more for goods and services the higher costs are usually passed on to the consumer;
Derived Via Survey of about 400 purchasing managers which asks respondents to rate the relative level of prices paid for goods and services;
Also Called Manufacturing Prices Paid;

Last edited:
Associate
I think everyone is selling out of ORE and buying into CNR... typical!

I'm still holding both randal. I'm glad August is over and hoping September we can see the markets more positive. ORE is just frustrating to be in but no reason to sell as the news can't be too far off now. We know CNR is going great guns. The acquisition of the mendoza concession is a major step in the right direction. Mark Child edging closer to the 2m ounces JORC resource. I don't know what the guy means by end game? This is just a share not no sport lol

Soldato
I don't know what the guy means by end game? This is just a share not no sport lol

Do you mean me? Well anyone who has done even the slightest bit of research on condor will know that Mark Child intends to sell the company when 2m oz JORC are proved up, as he has stated many times. Obviously then the end game is what investors get when the company is sold.

Anyways, today again condor is flying!

Last edited:
Associate
Do you mean me? Well anyone who has done even the slightest bit of research on condor will know that Mark Child intends to sell the company when 2m oz JORC are proved up, as he has stated many times. Obviously then the end game is what investors get when the company is sold.

Anyways, today again condor is flying!

I understand nero, the end game could very well be in the not so distant future. Mark Child is doing a splendid job.

Orogen Gold moving up today, those sampling results can't elude us for much longer. A nice write up from proactive investors or miningmaven would be enough to get the ball rolling with this under the radar share that seems to be unloved.

I'm still holding both randal. I'm glad August is over and hoping September we can see the markets more positive. ORE is just frustrating to be in but no reason to sell as the news can't be too far off now. We know CNR is going great guns. The acquisition of the mendoza concession is a major step in the right direction. Mark Child edging closer to the 2m ounces JORC resource. I don't know what the guy means by end game? This is just a share not no sport lol

Ditto, August (and July for that matter) was a pretty depressing time checking the daily prices.

I think we'll have to wait out for CNR for a while yet, I think MC will run things to the end of December as indicated but I'm sure we're going to get some nice deep drill results between now and then to help things along. Incidentially (foolish as this may be), did you have a target price in mind? I've been thinking around the 20p mark for a sell, but from reading fag packet calculations from the various boards there seems to be a growing feeling that this could be chump change.

With regards to ORE, agreed things are a little disappointing there too. However I have confidence in the board to deliver on their promises, and I think the delay is to ensure that everything is in order for the first major release. I'd rather they do that then blow hot hair and deliver sweet FA much like MTA did a couple of years back. Clowns.

Soldato
I've been thinking around the 20p mark for a sell, but from reading fag packet calculations from the various boards there seems to be a growing feeling that this could be chump change.

Yeah although i think the 20p figure could become somewhat of a problem for CNR. Its been banded about so much that as we approach 20p everyone could dump it, for the first few times anyway,
Its all down to everyones entry price and what they want from the share, i just fear that its been publicised so much that it could get to 20p and people will think thats it

Soldato
People guessing on 20p or whatever will defer to greed if theres enough reason. I think every big round number is a hurdle

There was a gold mine take over in USA recently, the low prices of all mines compared to the actual gold combined with the really expensive process of exploring means its far more sensible to just take over a rival with spare cash.

CNR probably needs to really make it obvious or certain it has the gold just waiting there

I wondering what round number will stop BP from sliding into the abyss. 400 its top for the moment apparently.
511 top I sold at in Jan I did not realise at the time coincided with the Russian arctic deal and now we have total loss of that deal Im thinking it should catch at some point

A higher oil price would help greatly I think. BP is very weak looking

Sold most of VED and BLT. BLT I should have held, that boat has sailed but Im thinking KAZ is still the cheapest of the three with good looking chart, 900 is solid
All three mine with their own power output

VGM faltered today but still doing well with high gold, would be nice to sell some at 130 but only good news makes 170 or more realistic I guess

My guess on a market top short term was correct, not expecting it to get especially worse though. Jobs data today and stuff

Last edited:
Soldato
US Jobs Data August

The US economy added no net new jobs in August, according to the key non-farm payrolls figures from the Department of Labor.

The previous month's figure was revised downwards - it now shows that 85,000 jobs were created, down from 117,000 in the previous estimate.

The August number was much worse than had been expected - the predicted figure was an addition of about 70,000.

The unemployment rate remained unchanged from July at 9.1%.

Associate
Ditto, August (and July for that matter) was a pretty depressing time checking the daily prices.

I think we'll have to wait out for CNR for a while yet, I think MC will run things to the end of December as indicated but I'm sure we're going to get some nice deep drill results between now and then to help things along. Incidentially (foolish as this may be), did you have a target price in mind? I've been thinking around the 20p mark for a sell, but from reading fag packet calculations from the various boards there seems to be a growing feeling that this could be chump change.

With regards to ORE, agreed things are a little disappointing there too. However I have confidence in the board to deliver on their promises, and I think the delay is to ensure that everything is in order for the first major release. I'd rather they do that then blow hot hair and deliver sweet FA much like MTA did a couple of years back. Clowns.

Condor Resources - when we get past 10-12p I will have a proper look at the company and re-read the news/reports again. I wouldn't rule out 20p though randal as people have been talking target prices anywhere from 50p-£2 the management is brilliant and the prospects so lucrative. Ocean Equities conference and broker note is something that could spark more interest:

Condor Resources (CNR LN) Condor Resources is focused on high grade gold assets in Central Latin America. It's flag ship asset is its La India gold project in Nicaragua. Through a licence swap agreement with B2Gold, Condor has been able to increase its land holding around the historic mine area at the same time as gaining as acquiring a large cap, Canada listed strategic partner in Nicaragua in B2 Gold.

http://www.oceanequities.co.uk/Services/events.aspx

I have never looked at MTA so wouldn't know mate. The story with Orogen Gold should get interesting, the Gindusa and Rusman mines might still have gold down there. The management are looking for other projects and Ed Slowey is a knowledgeable and reputable guy with him at the helm we should be alright.

Last edited:
Associate
Can anyone help or advise re a Stocks and Shares ISA please I don’t fully understand some of it.

I currently have £3000 worth of shares made up of:

£2000 company a
£500 Company b
£500 Company c

If I transfer these shares into a stocks and shares isa with for example iii.co.uk will they still be as they are now x amount with company a b and c.

Is it still like normal shares where you can keep adding a bit more too each one ?

Can you still trade inside the isa just like normal shares ?

Has anybody a screen shot to give me an idea.

Thanks in advance

------------------------

Associate
You can't transfer shares into an isa, you must sell and re-buy from within the isa.

Trading within the isa is exactly the same as a normal account, but, there's currently a limit on the type of shares you can buy, namely 'fully listed' ones, no AIM (unless they are dual listed).

Adding bits to each one is a bad plan to be honest, the charges mean you need more profit just to break even. £500 is on the small side for a single transaction.

Soldato
Market down but CNR up 10% following a 20% rise previously is very strong performance, any reason I wonder

I hear gold mining stocks index is at new highs which is good because it was ignoring the high gold price before. Of course CNR isnt mining gold yet but still

I cashed in HOC on friday but silver is going up strongly also. Aiming to buy a couple things tomorrow including BLT which is ex-div Wed

Barc loses its recent positive aura, shame but I did pencil in new lows so maybe this is it

BP is a buy as it fell more without great volume, its neutral with a lower price

Im hoping this is a bit of a lull where the market overreacts, USA holiday means UK could be overdoing the lower prices today and tomorrow morning

Try iii for an isa I hear they are low cost and might fit you ok on smaller deals

Last edited:
Soldato
Wish the eurozone would make its mind up one way or the other. Its getting painful watching slow gains being wiped out in minutes cause some minister said something that gave the whole world the jitters

Nevermind someone somewhere is getting very rich off this on a daily basis

Soldato
Wish the eurozone would make its mind up one way or the other. Its getting painful watching slow gains being wiped out in minutes cause some minister said something that gave the whole world the jitters

Nevermind someone somewhere is getting very rich off this on a daily basis

My thoughts exactly. This whole situation is starting to get boring now.

Back
Top Bottom