Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Caporegime
TD service is fantastic, perhaps one of the best but they went really expensive for me about 6 months ago, i don't trade enough so pay the full £12.50 per trade.

Was thinking about switching but tbh saving £4 per buy and sell isn't going to make a huge amount of difference!

Soldato
More great news from Condor today, MC is really pulling out the big news for the Ocean Equities Conference today and tomorrow. Will be good to see what happens to the share price once he's impressed all those IIs.

For the first time in over a month my portfolio is less than 20% down! :o

Soldato
Iam always suspicious when they start releasing lots of press releases ¬_¬
Cant complain if the price goes up though

Why is TD fantastic ? I heard they are good for buying foreign stocks. Halifax are doing a promotion every friday to buy foreign stocks for £5
Good for beginners I think, note their charges include 1% on forex
If you are buying 100k of Apple you probably didnt want to pay 1k on charges, this isnt a problem for me luckily

Bloomberg Slideshow on how private investors tend to sell most at market bottoms - http://www.bloomberg.com/data-visualization/investors-emotional-roller-coaster/?cmpid=bit

Bought BLT yesterday and sold today on a nice turn around. Have kept a few shares long term as I think they are one of the best big companys to buy

Buying PFC as good oil services group. BP up but can it make 400 before falling again
Barc is fairly dismal I think
BNC yields something silly like 10% Also a fan of TEF who are O2

Caporegime
TD service is fantastic, perhaps one of the best but they went really expensive for me about 6 months ago, i don't trade enough so pay the full £12.50 per trade.

Was thinking about switching but tbh saving £4 per buy and sell isn't going to make a huge amount of difference!

It's Ok, nothing great and has inactivity charges on the dealing account, I only signed up to buy foreign shares, I also have a Spreadbet account with them which is very good

HSBC is more transparent in my experience, and if I do 6 trades in a quarter the dealing fees drop, trading reserve also comes in handy.

I like the shareprice app, only £10 to trade and can do it via my phone (can adjust stop losses and limits very easily).

Soldato
GKP rising up recently on decent volume

170 is about a good average peak of prices over the last year and I think if it got to 190 that would require a lot more buyers to stay there

HOIL is also recovering, maybe related as they are in Kurdistan and BP Hayward just involved in some deal around that area.

Central Iraq government still not in full agreement with Kurd approach? So still risky ventures. They do not allow production sharing only royalties I think

“The possibility that Baghdad will recognise Kurdish production sharing agreements by the end of this year has been mooted to us by the company in recent meetings, and we view any resolution of this issue as an important catalyst for the stock as it would substantially reduce the country risk associated with the assets,” said Angus McPhail, of Investec Securities.

Sold some Cluff gold at 113 even though its good for 130 or more. Can I buy it at 100 before then?

Gold is very bullish, the fact it just keeps moving on top of its summer rises builds the chances of even greater gains to 2000 and beyond.
That would be surprising to almost everyone. 1600 would be normal, any higher is due to sustained buying pressure

This weeks Good vs Bad:

wxaeG.png
LWE5D.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Euro is at trend resistance, its recovered enough to fall again in a dramatic way. The market is waiting on some Euro possible positives ? Also Ben B speaks today about maybe printing money so basically market is speculating and if its disappointed then expect a fall back

Saying that its got to rise some time ? I thought this year would be fairly positive but I guess this might not happen till xmas when no news is good news

Even BP rising, was that report blaming them not that bad?

Ive been trading a few things but Ive sold too early. Bought small amounts for long term holding. Today Iam buying
CNE Cairn as its fallen on no iceland oil but they will still own 20% in India they are 70% cash with expertise. Maybe Lebanon offshore?
CNA Centricia good div and vertical integration, not recovered much
CLF gold prospects improving results

This time I turned down VED, Ive traded it for some bucks but. Could fall, underneath its rises this month long term holders have sold this share out, its unpopular and seen as a polluter?
HYC Hyder, great share but dont have enough money to buy everything, cheaper still and I will
BAE Great div, steady returns but USA budget is going to be cut sometime I reckon so on that unrealised fear I think no rush to buy, might buy even cheaper. They should adapt and supply asia more also in time as will all these companies

^^ All shares I see as defensive, we are at a relative market top very possibly

Number one target is higher gold, its on a steady path up and everything else falters. higher gold should balance my portfolio by all the miners I bought cheap that stayed cheap

Last edited:
Soldato
Waiting for CNR to return to 6p yet again because its likely still in boomerang mode
Over a couple years its actually looks like 7 or 8p is more of a big deal so maybe the share is positive but its got that as a ceiling

Anyway Im net long just shuffling the deck a bit. I sold my African Barrick gold shares at 600 to fund my buys above. I had wrote down ABG 400 but did I buy it at 411? hell no, that would have been genius seems like now

BP doing well and also OIL off the bottom. Long way to go but seems they are still linked somewhat, which is nice
I sold off some BP and maybe I can pick up some Heritage oil again

Everything is sunshine and happiness once more (market is bipolar) hence gold is down.
VGM down and I will buy a bit more at golds nadir with any luck. I could have sold with profit at 115 but missed the trick this time

lJKKs.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Debating whether or not to sell my BP shares for a profit and wait for them to drop again. I think they have the court cases for the spillage starting early next year so that will no doubt affect things.

Nothing seems to have drastically changed in the macro environment really, there's no guarantee that Greece is going to avoid default. Having said that, some say that the markets have factored in a default already.

The other part of my just says to leave them be for now. I was thinking about holding on for the sake of the dividend but if the profit is more than the dividend then there's no point, surely?

Last edited:
Soldato
They done it again basically, IMF has some sort of new deal (again)
I dont know the details but my chart view is we havent broken the negatives just yet.
Volume wasnt massive today and I think it needs to be as we sail past the Japan March low.

Very confusing but still seems more work to do before we get any mad surge upwards
Maybe a few stocks will jump the gun?

KRESJ.png

BP 434 and 455 would make a nice target overhead but oil is not rising greatly
395 and 381 below, div is Nov 11th I think

If FTSE repeats with a sell off then 5100 would match previous lows so closing weekly actual price must be 5400+

sake of the dividend but if the profit is more

Would be nice to collect both. A quick move up I would sell, gradual is more certain to hold because it involves more people owning BP not just the city flyboys

Gold miners said:
From Eric Sprott: "In many of the funds we manage at Sprott, we’ve transitioned out of gold bullion and into gold equities to better participate in the continuation of the trend indicated above. As long-time investors in this space, we can assure you that the production growth rates will be significantly higher in the junior stocks. They continue to trade at discounted valuations, and we believe they offer the best opportunity to build exposure. Margin expansion is the key metric for this industry, and the market is now acknowledging the miners’ improvement in margin capture – which has occurred despite the increase in capital and operating costs. We meet with a large number of gold mining management teams on a weekly basis, and based on those meetings, it appears that the average cost of producing an ounce of gold today, all in, is now around $800. At $1,200 gold, these companies can capture roughly $400 in EBITDA. At $1800 gold, however, they’re now capturing $1,000 per ounce in EBITDA - representing an increase of 150% in profit margin. That is significantly far above what any other equity sector has been able to generate over the past year. Amazingly – despite this new reality for gold producers, we are still finding opportunities in select gold and silver mining companies that can be purchased today at 2-3 times their 2-year-out forecasted cash flow. These multiples are based on the current gold and silver spot price, and if these companies hit their production targets, and gold and silver continue their appreciation – we may discover that these stocks were trading at less than 1 times 2-year-out cash flow today. Having been in the business for many years, we can tell you that investing in a stock at 1 times 2-year-out cash flow tends to be a winning proposition – let alone in an industry that literally mines the world’s reserve currency out of the ground."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom