Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Caporegime
Is it normal for a company to contact you out of the blue, wanting to know how much of a specific stock you have an offering to purchase it for over 7x their current trading value?

They keep calling, they have sent a form wanting to me sign an NDA and wanting the details of the stock when I originally purchased it and my address and phone number. They have not asked for any of my bank details or anything like that.

Is it some small cap stock?

Even so - ask yourself why anyone would would really go to the trouble of tracking down the owners of something in order to purchase it at 7* the current price...

Caporegime
If I'm buying anything it's BHP Billton, possilbly gap down on open to entry, could do worse buys but miners at the moment could be dicey.

2011-10-01_1943.png

hmmm

perhaps you should also consult these in addition to the magic lines you've drawn...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Art-Tarot-INC-cards-Booklet/dp/1904991041/ref=pd_sim_b5

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crystal-Bal...RV74/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317644183&sr=8-1

Soldato
This is a bear market its official apparently. Kudos to whoever it was that sold up earlier regardless of losses

Dollar keeps rising. Which is bad for stocks. Especially commodities, lots of stuff I got has done very badly like WEIR and VED resembles bank like performance :o With a PE of 5, apocalypse is priced in

However I did sell a couple things previously like GKP. Its plunging again today on high volume which makes me think twice about my plan to buyback.
I opted to get HOIL instead which I also sold at higher prices.
It varies less up and down and its got low volume today and I think I need a more stable share

It went down as soon as I bought of course, but just this second its gone back up. Anything can happen but its not bad value

Market bounce definitely possible but the whole market is heading down in general.
Hopefully I'll get the dividends like ATK today (which is doing better anyway) and be ok

0dp0f.png

In the end share price is second to their earnings and returns to the owners, still nasty losses :(

CNR is holding 6p should I be impressed.
FTSE downside target Ive had since 2009 is 4500, that should not be surpassed unless company earnings really do drop badly and they havent afaik

magic lines

share price history. History can repeat or not but to ignore it completely seems pointless

Oct. 4, 2011, 10:00 a.m. EDT
Bernanke not optimistic about labor market

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) - A close reading of recent economic data doesn't show any hint of improvement ahead for the weak U.S. labor market, Federal Reserve Board Chairman Ben Bernanke said Tuesday. "Recent indictors, including new claims for unemployment insurance and surveys of hiring plans, point to the likelihood of more sluggish job growth in the period ahead," Bernanke said in testimony prepared for the Joint Economic Committee of Congress. Overall, the economy should pick up from the tepid 0.9% average growth rate of the first six months of the year, Bernanke said. In his testimony, Bernanke said the Fed's latest Operation Twist should put downward pressure on longer-term interest rates and "help make broader financial conditions more supportive of economic growth." Inflation has begun to moderate as the central bank expected, he said. The Fed is prepared to take further action "as appropriate" to promote a stronger recovery but central bank policy is not a panacea for the problems currently faced by the U.S. economy, he said.

Last edited:
Soldato
UPDATE 3-Premier Oil to buy N.Sea player Encore for $340 mln
Wed Oct 5, 2011 8:39am GMT

Print | Single Page
[-] Text [+]

* Premier continues North Sea acquisitions

* Premier CFO says tax losses, exploration justifies big price

* Sticks to output targets

* Premier shares fall 0.5 percent

By Tom Bergin

LONDON, Oct 5 (Reuters) - British oil producer Premier Oil is to buy North Sea-focused Encore Oil for 221 million pounds ($340 million), continuing its strategy of expanding by incremental acquisitions rather than concentrating on high-risk, high-impact exploration.

While the headline price being paid represents a heady $20 per barrel for Encore's reserves, Chief Financial Officer Tony Durrant pointed out that the deal included tax losses and exploration potential.

Citigroup said the tax losses brought the purchase price down to $17/bbl, still at the upper end of recent transactions.

The bank also noted that raising Premier's stake in the Catcher field to 50 percent could allow the company to accelerate development of the field, potentially raising earnings.

Some good news today. I own Premier and encore so agree its a good move.
What would be nicer is if Premier is basically calling the bottom of the market, or they might have waited for an even better share price to buy I guess

mBAWI.png

http://af.reuters.com/article/energyOilNews/idAFL5E7L516X20111005

Looks nice but encore was this price in July before its falls, nice money for anyone who got them recently

Associate
I'm currently holding Encore at an average of 103p.

It's only a small holding so I'm just going to ride the T/O out and take some PMO shares.

Maybe someone else will make a better offer, but at $17-$20 per barrel being offered, I'm not holding out hope.

Soldato
CNR getting 100% share in La India is great. MC is genius, it's just a shame that nothing they could do will move the share price far in these markets. Oh well, more opportunity to top up at rock bottom prices and reap the reward later.

Knowing my luck though, before that happens there will be a melt down in the financial system and all my investments will be worth nadda!! :o

Associate
can someone trust me and easy website to start stockmarket trading?

And a guide if possible?

Been interested in the stock market for several years and finally want to take the plunge.

Associate
Doing a few small buys in recent times, HER and CNR.
Sold a chunk of NG post divi, will look to get back in around ~590 if it ever comes about.
Thinking of a few pounds more in RGM as recent times haven't excited folk too much
It's all doom and glooom at the moment but it is a nice time to average down.... for the long term............... imo, for me anyway.

Associate
My own take is sometimes it is good money after bad, and you have to know when to quit, but if you're happy with the company and they're doing what you believe to be the best it is a good idea. What the larger market is doing is something else......
With that said, i've sold all out before at losses, as staying on a sinking ship is something thats burnt me and i'm sure most on here.

My 2p.

It's worth noting a few weeks ago I was ready to sell up the whole lot and take what I still have/had.

Back
Top Bottom