Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
margaret brennan ? @margbrennan Reply Retweeted Favorite · Open
1 analyst goes where few have gone before: BTIG analyst explains why he downgraded Apple to neutral http://bloom.bg/IagTO6 $AAPL

I owned Apple in a tech fund but sold it too early ( I dont have it now). They arent overvalued so long as they make sales, the above speculates that this will change hence the share price is 'full'

If they keep on course, they make a trillion in market cap. I wouldnt call it a bubble, unless apple products are junk or unprofitable. Bonds are an unstable market, a bubble

A tech forum should know all about Apple prospects. Intel was dirt cheap for ages, not now so much.
We all knew the CoreDuo was a success though, I think this relates to share prospects roughly

I've made a loss on DES, XEL and EO.

I had EO, taken over by PMO, they were a buy at 360 and probably now. You got given PMO shares?

XEL is irratic but they have the oil and ability to make sales, eventually. I dont think you have lost on them, the price is cheap now yea

Last edited:
Associate
I haven't lost on XEL yet, buy my average is about 150p so I'm sitting on a paper loss. I think this will come good eventually though, hence why I'm holding.

Unfortunately I was away for quite some time when the EO./PMO offer went through, and I ended up with the cash instead of PMO shares, and the cash offer was below my average hence a loss.

Soldato
I saw ARM I just didnt get it - 200p I considered and thought well its fair value. Got that wrong lol

40yAN.png
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/hiner/steve-jobs-proclaims-the-post-pc-era-has-arrived/4701

Pure gold has been ok, the miners are abominable. Took some ABG now but doubts over their reserves puts them at all time low. I posted CLUFF video above.
I said 1720 for winter high on gold, Im hoping or expecting even 1600 as a base for this year.

RRL news bad then ? I like they have at least found possible pay zone or was that always the case. I will buy some of what I sold near 16

mGkKD.png

http://www.iii.co.uk/articles/31945/range-and-red-emperor-unveil-initial-results-shabeel-well

Bonds or Gilts one of the worlds largest markets, trillions.

If this ever sells off like the housing debt did it will be a tidal wave displacing other asset prices.
A trader speculating shorter term:

teFqv.jpg

Not near the bottom as such
QhLAy.png

Last edited:
Anyone watching Cable and Wireless (CW.)? Due for a buy out, Tata and Vodafone being suiters. Tata scrapped their bid last night, Vodafone due to table an offer before 5pm tonight.

Share price down 15% today at the time of typing...

Soldato
I was expecting to know results ages ago:mad:. ZEN reports they found no major buyers just discussions, drops 50% on this AGM report, basically total reset. time is not on their side:eek:

Trading guru I know offering a free week trial on his day trading service - http://inter-market-analysis.com/page/live-analysis-service

HOIL I swear got a buyout offer around 250 or so. Its like 140 now

CW. I used to own and I got spooked out. I forget details often but something was off in how it was being run. A good bid price needs the threat of two parties really or a strong ongoing business

BP is really weak but Im looking for it to recover to at 460 before a proper drop

UPDATE: TNK-BP Shares Slide Amid Concern On Government Criticism
(Adds comments from TNK-BP shareholders in paragraphs 3 and 4, updates share price movement in paragraph 7)

By Alexander Kolyandr

Of DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

MOSCOW (Dow Jones)--Shares in TNK-BP Holding (TNBP.RS) continue to slide Friday, amid investor concern that the Russian government's criticism of the company's ecological policy and allegedly high dividend may be a sign of a wider attack from the state.

Yury Trutnev, Russia's natural resources and environment minister, told Prime Minister Vladimir Putin at a government meeting Thursday that TNK-BP spends "practically all of its profit, almost $8 billion" on dividends, while maintaining "poor" environmental policies.

Russian partners in TNK-BP--a group of Soviet-born businessmen known as the Alfa-Access-Renova consortium, or AAR--said Friday: "AAR and TNK-BP have excellent relations with the Russian Government, and actively cooperate on different environmental projects".

BP said TNK-BP's capital investment has been among the highest of its peers, adding that in 2012 the company expects to invest nearly $6 billion.

The government of Russia, not known for its scrupulous environmental policy, has repeatedly used ecological concerns for putting pressure on private companies, forcing them to invest more or to cede their licenses.

TNK-BP, a joint venture between BP PLC (BP) and a group of Russian investors, said that despite declining number of oil spills at its sites "[the] ecological situation is far from ideal", and said it is confident that jointly with the government it would "agree on plans and rapidly achieve a qualitative breakthrough to demonstrate TNK-BP's environmental leadership and properly preserve land and water resources used by oil companies"

The market, apparently worried that the company may be under government attack, sent the company's shares down 8% immediately after Thursday's comments. The shares gained back part of this loss and closed Thursday down 4.1%, but were down 1.3% by 1300 GMT Friday in Moscow amid a higher oil price and marginally growing Micex index.

The minister's tone was relatively mild Thursday, and it got almost no reaction from Putin, who is to become president May 7. Putin called for the establishment of a dialogue with the company and its owners, to fix any problems.

"We think the market overreacted to the news yesterday, and expect an amicable solution to the problem by a higher commitment from TNK-BP to maintain high environmental standards and probably paying a fine," said Ildar Davletshin from Renaissance Capital.

The Russian government has recently intensified its pressure on many Russian resource companies to "invest in Russia", which in government speak means plants, equipment and infrastructure.

Troika Dialog noted that TNK-BP shareholders may want to continue to receive "a constant large cash flow stream from the company, so if pressed by the government to spend more money on whatever, the company may decide to borrow."

April 20, 2012 09:27 ET (13:27 GMT)

Last edited:
CW. I used to own and I got spooked out. I forget details often but something was off in how it was being run. A good bid price needs the threat of two parties really or a strong ongoing business

Ain't that the truth, incompetance is not a strong enough word. Pluthero and Marsh rinsed that place for all they would get.

Very interesting to see ex-Voda CEO installed in their place, and Voda making a move for a buy out. Almost feels cynical saying it, but then again could be crystal as it seems on the surface.

Soldato
Id rather have VOD 110 to 130 was sweet, now is more of utility type hold I dont think they get enough growth from europe and India is a laugh

Found the holy grail of charts, lets you chart the stats from annual reports. Beats more boring reading I think, obviously its just a long term rough view

ZKBd1.png

http://ycharts.com/companies/EGO/fr...ate=&endDate=&format=indexed&recessions=false

Spit Anyone trade the US market here?

I watch it, dont own many US shares. EGO above just bought the largest gold mine in Europe.
USA market has UK on its leash. I took CHK recently. USA are in middle of reporting earnings hence we keep going up and down every day now

I was thinking last night the moves by Argentina to 'steal' billions in assets from Spain is a negative sign for Falklands in general. Not sure if RKH is down for this reason but they are more militant then previously expected maybe

GKP also trimmed all the way back pretty much, nice if a buyer. 186 would be good

Last edited:
Associate
Doh! i totally forgot about the Falklands. I was always ment to get around to putting money into some companies out there, but then i had to shell out for a new car. Im guessing its RKH? Bah i need to get my nopepad out, had a lot of notes written down haha

Soldato
Doh! i totally forgot about the Falklands. I was always ment to get around to putting money into some companies out there, but then i had to shell out for a new car. Im guessing its RKH? Bah i need to get my nopepad out, had a lot of notes written down haha

Actually RKH has not done too well because there is less oil then they expected.

Back
Top Bottom