Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Permabanned
Tesco (look at the middle lines)

2013-10-04_0016.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
Basically the 'forks' have a mathematical probability of 80% that the middle line will be hit.

Oh come off it - some lines/forks you've subjectively placed on a chart have a 'mathematical probability' assigned to them... if someone else placed them on the chart in a slightly different way, different angle, would you both still have the same 0.8 chance of the middle line being hit?

Permabanned
You don't know anything about trading. Absolutely nothing about Andrews Pichfork that has around 60 years of research put into it. If someone placed them in a different way then they wouldn't be placing them correctly.

I'm not going to argue with you because every time I come in here you're the first person to pop up and start spouting crap at me.

If people want to make money in the markets then what help are you here to them? I'm not going to come in here if I have to deal with you.

Soldato
Dowie, you work in sales and trading or at least got a phd in investment field? You seem to be quite opinionated on this subject so I'd like to know where your certainty comes from. (disclaimer I am not defending ta here as this 80% chance to hit fork thing is extremely absurd thing to say)

Associate
I make my living from this.

The only way you make your living from this is by earning a wage in the industry.

I raise your 7 years to over 16 years and TA will never make you money, fundamental analysis is the most reliable method.

I don't mean to offend you but misleading newbies can have negative consequences for them.

Soldato
The only way you make your living from this is by earning a wage in the industry.

I raise your 7 years to over 16 years and TA will never make you money, fundamental analysis is the most reliable method.

I don't mean to offend you but misleading newbies can have negative consequences for them.

This is a bit misleading itself as neither ta nor fundumental gives the edge over market return.

Picking stocks is not science, it is art, when we run fancy models on excel to get share price we don't follow the same numbers do we, we bring our own opinion, a certain element unique to a every analyst.

Whenever everybody else voices their opinion or a rumour, by which time the price has long ago adjusted for nobody bats an eyelid, put on some lines on a chart and everybody goes nuts. The reality is, everything we write in here is not correct and won't do **** to beat the market consistently.

Caporegime
The only opinion I've really put across is that subjective forms of technical analysis such as those presented by the other poster are pretty dubious for obvious reasons - namely they're untestable...

I'm asking for justification of a claim where he's actually assigned a probability to something drawn on a chart as a result of him picking three points subjectively. Nope I've not got a PhD, yes I do work in a related field.

Caporegime

that is the main issue...

Are you the original poster of this thread btw?

Back
Top Bottom