1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traffic light camera got me.

Discussion in 'Motors' started by luckypapyrussam, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Justintime

Sgarrista

flashed on amber??

2. IAmATeaf

Soldato

I went through on amber but by the time I got into the zone the lights must have been on red so the camera flashed. Didn't get done by the way, just trying to point out that it can and does happen purely by accident.

3. The Mad Rapper

Banned

You need to get laid, for the good of us all. No, I'm not offering :p

4. DannyDan

Mobster

Would also like to know the answer to this

5. Cookie-Monster

Mobster

thats why should perform checks an ample distance before the junction?

and there is always a risk someone will walk out into flowing fast traffic on a green light, but they wouldnt be much loss to the gene pool.

6. Ex-RoNiN

Capodecina

What? Traffic lights or not are irrelevant. If there's a danger in front of you, you stop and don't waste time looking into your mirrors. If someone rear-ends you, its their damn fault for not keeping a distance.

7. bledd

Don

aye

8. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

Lights red, stop car, get nice new bumper and a week in a courtesy car, win!

9. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

Don't worry she's coming to visit this weekend, expect at least a week of subsequent mellow posts :p

10. luckypapyrussam

Hitman

Well i wasnt sure if someone was right behind me because further up the road a mondeo was right up behind me like he wanted to overtake but he never did, i wanted to check my mirrors incase he was there still sniffing my fumes but couldnt tell and i dont think i could of stopped in time after i was trying to search for him anyway.

I must admit i should of known if someone was there or not but i didnt see anyone behind me turn off at any point so i thought he must of been there.

:(

I cant wait to tell my boss the insurance might go up just a tad :( or maybe i should just look blank when he says he has a fine through the post :p i hate my life at the mo :( but i suppose ill learn from this if anything comes of it.

11. Cookie-Monster

Mobster

yes but if lights are green you still check your mirrors plenty of distance in front of the lights in case they change,

not just in front as the OP allegedly did

and if that someone happened to be a truck, pick-up or something similar and you're in a clio or something similar it doesnt matter for **** at that point who's at fault now does it.

12. Finglonga

Wise Guy

Good roadcraft is to be aware of traffic around you at all times and to anticipate the unexpected happening.

13. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

Well if you will chose to drive around in a tin of beans..

14. Lopéz

Man of Honour

Lights don't "suddenly" change from green to red, they go amber first for a considerable length of time.

15. Cuchulain

Sgarrista

Probably because you're supposed to check your mirrors prior to any manoeuvre, did you bribe your examiner into passing your test or something?

16. Freefaller

Man of Honour

No no you don't understand, these lights obviously didn't because they are special lights! ;)

17. loltim

Capodecina

I went through a red light before, tried to get through on amber but knew I wouldn't make it, very stupid of me. Anyway it definitely flashed but I didn't receive anything:confused:

I was turning left after the lights though, maybe the camera is mainly trying to get people speeding straight through them...

18. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

Cant you get 6 points from then now, as you can also get done for speeding as well cant you, so 3 for going through the red, and 3 for speeding.

19. Defcon5

Soldato

Not illegal unless they flash. As to why loads of trucks have them, no idea! Although there are so many of them with them fitted could they be standard fit on some models?

20. Defcon5

Soldato

Not likely, there arent any cameras the detect both