Traffic light camera got me.

Man of Honour
Not illegal unless they flash. As to why loads of trucks have them, no idea! Although there are so many of them with them fitted could they be standard fit on some models?

Not true. No blue light should be emitted from a vehicle that does not have proper authority and cause to do so. Although it does depend on the interpretation of "a device which resembles a blue warning beacon or a special warning lamp, whether the same is in working order or not."

Last edited:
Soldato
If someone is tailgating you, you slow down on approach to the green light. It's no excuse.

If they get angry, that's their problem. If they tailgate more, slow down more.

But of course you loose the game if you let someone like that past don't you? :rolleyes:

Soldato
If someone from behind collided with your vehicle because they were too close to yours, it's their fault and you could claim of their insurance which would be better than a fine and three points.

Caporegime
Oh, while I'm here R420La6X2^6x3/4 can you tell me why so many lorry drivers have blue lights all over the shop? I was led to believe it's hillegal. Ta!

********* with no idea as far as the law is concerned imo.

Despite a ban being in force on such items within the Stobart Group, many of my workmates seem to think such Blue lights make a Scania cooler than it already is.... :confused:

Not illegal unless they flash.
Any forward facing light (apart from indicators ) has to be white by law as far as I'm aware.....

Last edited:
Associate

Despite a ban being in force on such items within the Stobart Group, many of my workmates seem to think such Blue lights make a Scania cooler than it already is.... :confused:

Any forward facing light (apart from indicators ) has to be white by law as far as I'm aware.....

Ah good thanks matey that is what I suspected, as regards the persons and the law. Thanks to Burnsey too!

I saw some... idiots from somewhere... on the M4 the other day, cutting through the traffic in their silly-mobiles with blue LEDs all over them. I assumed this was so idiots panic and get out of the way for them, or at least that being the plan. As for lorries that hypothesis didn't quite work, whereas idiocy always does :)

Associate
OP
I believe the definition of an Amber light is you must stop unless it is unsafe to do so.

Thats what i thought, or go unless it is unsafe, either way im retarded and i got flashed, im living with that thought now.

As to the forward facing lights have to be white what about indercators? :p

Also on the new BMW's when your sidelight goes the indercator stays on instead untill you put a new sidelight bulb in.

Associate
Thats what i thought, or go unless it is unsafe, either way im retarded and i got flashed, im living with that thought now.

As to the forward facing lights have to be white what about indercators? :p

Also on the new BMW's when your sidelight goes the indercator stays on instead untill you put a new sidelight bulb in.

Crikey, maybe someone is working from within BMW to get all the owners stopped by the police. :) Also I saw some crap car with yellow headlights, classic car type car actually. Car.

Soldato
Also I saw some crap car with yellow headlights, classic car type car actually. Car.

Just because it's old doesn't make it crap. Due to the types of bulbs that are in older cars they do often appear yellowed, it's only recently (last 10 years or so) that very close to white bulbs have surfaced.

Associate
Probably because you're supposed to check your mirrors prior to any manoeuvre, did you bribe your examiner into passing your test or something?

I know what is behind me all the time, I am always aware of what is around me, whereas you obviously only ever use your mirrors when you are going to make a manoeuvre.

How much longer will it take between realising you need to brake sharply looking in your mirror realising it is safe to do so then pressing the brake peddle to just applying the brake whilst checking your mirror. I would suggest a tenth of a second may be enough to avoid the incident. You do realise that running a red light could put you in the middle of a road where cars may be approaching at speed from both sides.

Associate
Just because it's old doesn't make it crap. Due to the types of bulbs that are in older cars they do often appear yellowed, it's only recently (last 10 years or so) that very close to white bulbs have surfaced.

Oh sorry GinInvader, I actually didn't mean crap at all, I rather liked it. Not sure why crap got put down, I probably had glanced at my team mate immediately previous to that.

Soldato
After reading a post a while back on peppipo I believe the standard set time for an amber light is at least 3 seconds If your amber light is less than 3 secs you could appeal.

But if its 3 secs or longer and you still didnt stop your WERE speeding.

So speeding through a red light you deserve a couple of points.

On a side note there was also a discussion regarding blue lights and the interpretation of the law and although very cloudy it looked like you could have any colour light you wanted as long as it was used alongside the white headlights and not instead.(and werent flashing)

Associate

I believed it to be- they have to be white facing forwards and cannot be red. You have to have only red facing backwards. But to whats in the middle is fair game as long as they cannot be seen from the front or back and are not distracting. Am I totally wrong?

Man of Honour
Lights don't "suddenly" change from green to red, they go amber first for a considerable length of time.

Usually... but I've seen traffic lights malfunction before more than once, including a situation very similiar to the op, except my dad managed to stop in time but only just managed to stop safely (in this case they changed from red to green and then inexplicably went back to red almost immediatly).

Soldato
Probably because you're supposed to check your mirrors prior to any manoeuvre, did you bribe your examiner into passing your test or something?

A few months a go I was inches from hitting an adult deer at about 55mph. Obviously I had to make evasive manoeuvres to avoid it. Are you saying I should have checked my mirrors before so?

Back
Top Bottom