*Transfer Window 2014/15 Season Rumours/Signings *AKA Man U fans listing every player under the Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Considering the players you attracted this time around £££ speaks...Hummels would have come for 300k but I have no idea if he's available. Consistent PL defenders would have come I'm sure and would be better than Evans and Jones.

Best player in the league Vertonghen I'm sure would have jumped ship.

Quoted and fixed for truth :p

fez

fez

Caporegime
Considering the players you attracted this time around £££ speaks...Hummels would have come for 300k but I have no idea if he's available. Consistent PL defenders would have come I'm sure and would be better than Evans and Jones.

Best CB in the league Vertonghen I'm sure would have jumped ship.

If Dortmund didn't want to sell then he wouldn't and there was plenty of times when they said "no chance". Vertonghen isn't the best CB in the league and we probably would have had to pay a lot for him. Based on who we have bought LvG obviously thinks that one out of Smalling, Jones, Evans can partner Rojo in the centre of defence.

Caporegime
I can only think that Vidals knee is dodgy or we would have bought him earlier / at some point before this morning. Money clearly isn't an object in most of our transfers and Vidal is one of the best / the best at what he does.

CB wise I have no idea how many really top quality players there are in that position. There are a good few I am sure but how many are available and how many would go to a club without CL football.

The majority will go if the money is enough, I mean look at Falcao, how many seasons has he gone without CL

Don
Like Herrera, Blind or Di Maria?

Herrera has looked good in midfield and people seem to be dismissing Blind, who played holding central midfield last year and was named Dutch FOOTBALLER OF THE YEAR.

With Carrick due back I'm not as worried about midfield as the media seem to be.

You needed those players on top of what you've got. Fletcher or Anderson were expendable, Cleverly would have been a useful squad player.

If you're going to play 3 men in midfield Blind, Herrera and Di Maria is ok but beyond that all you have is an injured Carrick. After that you've got a washed up a Fletcher and a terrible Anderson. As above, I would rather rely on Cleverly than either of them.

Edit: on top of that, Blind and Di Maria may also be required in other positions if you pick up an injury or 2 in attack or defence, leaving you even shorter in midfield.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You needed those players on top of what you've got. Fletcher or Anderson were expendable, Cleverly would have been a useful squad player.

If you're going to play 3 men in midfield Blind, Herrera and Di Maria is ok but beyond that all you have is an injured Carrick. After that you've got a washed up a Fletcher and a terrible Anderson. As above, I would rather rely on Cleverly than either of them.

Edit: on top of that, Blind and Di Maria may also be required in other positions if you pick up an injury or 2 in attack or defence, leaving you even shorter in midfield.

Still not selling the "keeping Cleverley" idea to us ;) :p

Man of Honour
This was just a taste of the madness to come. Wait till January and next summer. We don't care about the CL so if there are players that cup tied from teams that have perhaps gone out of the CL at the group stage we can buy them.

We should have plenty enough to get top 4 now even ignoring CB. CM I think we are fine at the moment. We will have to see how Blind does but if he does alright and we can keep Herrera and Di Maria fit we will be fine and dandy.

We have also given Arsenal Welbeck so I don't think they will be too hard to pip for fourth.

I assume that you think 4 of your recent signings will be regular starters for you and it's the addition of those 4 who have never played in the PL before and a manager who hasn't managed in the PL before combined with the rest of the squad who weren't that good last year who are going to make you finish above Arsenal in 4th, this season?

fez

fez

Caporegime
I assume that you think 4 of your recent signings will be regular starters for you and it's the addition of those 4 who have never played in the PL before and a manager who hasn't managed in the PL before combined with the rest of the squad who weren't that good last year who are going to make you finish above Arsenal in 4th, this season?

Yep. Falcao is a beast, Di Maria is awesome, Herrera has looked good in Spain and whenever he has played for us so far. Blind was Dutch POTY last season and Rojo was good in the WC. Shaw was great last season and we don't have the mug Moyes in charge.

Don
Jones can play in midfield, it just means Smalling and Evans as centre backs.

You're playing 3 at the back though.

If Utd are going to stick with a 3-5-2 they're right on the limit in terms of cb's and cm's IMO.

With Carrick out they're an injury away from relying on Anderson or Fletcher for a run of games and that would worry me if I'm a Utd fan. You can have all the attackers in the world but without a platform for them to play from you're going to struggle.

Caporegime
Hm my piont was that 352 doesn't work if your 3 in midfield includes Mata lingering around up the top end of the pitch and not creating another tackling body in CM ...

And also if you require so much width that your fullbacks are pushed up so far that they get caught out against a 442.

notice at the world cup tje whole thing only worked because they had robben who could get the ball, hold onto it, run at people and generally wreak havoc

Don
If you've got a solid 2 behind Mata it can work. If Utd's idea is to have Di Maria as part of the 2 it's a risk and will restrict how much Di Maria can get forward.

I think long term Mata will be the man that misses out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom