*Transfer Window 2014/15 Season Rumours/Signings *AKA Man U fans listing every player under the Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Wingbacks work if you have cafu and a team that works. We need to forget it like I've said loads and get forward width from someone who isn't a full bavk hence a wide front 3 and back 4...

HOW ARE YOU NOT UNDERSTANDING THE SITUATION!

Three quarters of our defense has been obliterated through injury, work permit issues and transfers/end of contract.

We only have Blackett, Jones and Evans as defenders. And they are all iffy CD's on a good day.

For the love of jebus, it as has been pointed out a billion times, LVG is using 3-5-2 because of what he perceives as deficiencies in the squad and a weakness in defense.

LVG prefers 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1.

Once we have our squad back and the new players in, we'll probably move to 4 at the back with Rojo, Rafael and Shaw taking their spots in the team.

Soldato
Serie A isn't that bad. Juve have done well and yeah their line up isn't perfect but they didn't win the league solely because they had better players. My point was you can make the system work if you have people who understand what's required. Even if those players aren't perfect for the system. Isla (when he was there) and Lichtsteiner are both alright. Not amazing but do a job. That's what united lack at the mo really. Their wing backs aren't doing a job and everything is becoming condensed as a result.

I see what u are saying and that's fine for a mid table team but to reach the top having average wing backs in a 3-5-2 makes it very hard to make the formation work.
Also Isla is probably one of our worst players and I'm glad he is gone the guy wasnt even average he was poor.

Soldato
I see what u are saying and that's fine for a mid table team but to reach the top having average wing backs in a 3-5-2 makes it very hard to make the formation work.
Also Isla is probably one of our worst players and I'm glad he is gone the guy wasnt even average he was poor.

Juve have competed with some of the better teams in Europe with 'average' wing backs. I know they haven't won it or done THAT well in the CL but I think they've hit around par for their squad of players.

Isla looked alright when I watched him. Gaz Nev is also a fan :D.

Who plays at LWB for your lot these days? Asamoah?

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
I really hope he does ditch the 5-3-2 formation when all our players are available. I assumed he used it in the WC because the Netherlands had pretty much 2 quality attacking players and a couple of decent players elsewhere so wingbacks gave them some stability.

Caporegime
Smalling is injured.

but even if he weren't or we substituted him with the awful Valencia and gave him the defensive responsibility, who plays left back and goes forward out of them?

Buttner because i have no idea why we sold him? Which I've already stated.

But regardless you don't need your full backs to spend their life in the opposition half. Not with wide forward wingers .....!!

fez

fez

Caporegime

But regardless you don't need your full backs to spend their life in the opposition half. Not with wide forward wingers .....!!

Because he was crap. Average going forwards and rubbish at defending. He was rubbish when we bought him and no better when we sold him. There were plenty of people who watched him before we bought him and they all said that he wasn't in the top 5 left backs in that league let alone Man Utd first team quality.

Soldato

Buttner was awful. Thankfully we've brought in Shaw, Rojo and (If need be) Blind, who can all cover that position now.

Modern day fullbacks are extra wingers now, they are used to attack.

You're beyond help if you can't recognise why LVG used 3 centre backs when we have no left back and our only 3 fit defenders are centre backs who are not good enough to cope with just two of them.

Caporegime
Buttner was awful. Thankfully we've brought in Shaw, Rojo and (If need be) Blind, who can all cover that position now.

Modern day fullbacks are extra wingers now, they are used to attack.

You're beyond help if you can't recognise why LVG used 3 centre backs when we have no left back and our only 3 fit defenders are centre backs who are not good enough to cope with just two of them.

Im beyond help?

Care to itemise our results so far this season and how this system has worked out so far?

It's been an absolute shocker. You've all been distracted by two shiny signings to mask our inadequate performance and results on the pitch.

Permabanned
Cmon lads people asking or wondering about dropping 5-3-2 when we just loaned Falcao? We have not even had Rafael back yet or Shaw to have a few games and no one has yet saw Rojo out there or Blind. And were supposed to judge the formation? Herrera played so many games alongside the others just signed?

Talk about it near the end of the season when you do not have 3 elite strikers on the books eager for games. And you cannot play 4-3-1-2 with fullbacks going forward either because you can be countered with 3 players on your two cb's. The only problem now is right wingback where ideally Cuadrado should have been bought.

Soldato
Im beyond help?

Care to itemise our results so far this season and how this system has worked out so far?

It's been an absolute shocker. You've all been distracted by two shiny signings to mask our inadequate performance and results on the pitch.

Who is saying it's been a good start?

It's essentialy been a back 5 of Valencia, Jones, Evans, Blackett/Smalling and Young.

How does getting rid of one them help us? so we go from essentially 5 defenders to 4 and we'll stop letting goals in...

Caporegime
Why not? The players know how to play back 4. Neither Young or Valencia are any help defensively (let's not even talk about offensively) No reason a back four of Jones, Blackett, Evans, James, Keane (pick four) couldn't work.

Soldato
Why not? The players know how to play back 4. Neither Young or Valencia are any help defensively (let's not even talk about offensively) No reason a back four of Jones, Blackett, Evans, James, Keane (pick four) couldn't work.

LVG has clearly thought, these players ain't good enough, we need to pack out the defense. which is completely fair given all are either iffy or inexperienced.

Jones and Smalling haven't improved since the day they signed, through injuries or being played out of position and Evans is just plain bad.

Rojo, Rafael and Shaw will hopefully be a vastly improved back line.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Welbeck has Bendtner's number :D

The stage is set.

I hope he does well for them but he has never looked like becoming a top striker. Hes a useful utility player but I wouldn't want to depend on him for goals.

Loads of ex-united folks coming out of the woodwork to whinge about the sale of a United youth system player from the first team for some reason. If we produced players that are good enough they will get game time. Welbeck has benefitted from the weakness of Uniteds team for the past few seasons and the love Fergie had for him. Hes 23 and hasn't got any better for quite a while and has never shown half of the potential or talent Sturridge has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom