Two Point Hospital

Soldato
/me reloads and carries on gaming....

Beta Patch v1.04 just released.
Here is a list of what is in this patch;

• Copy and paste rooms
  • Fix corrupt saves due to light headedness patients in a certain state
  • Fix corrupt saves due to broken guest trainers that were already in a vehicle
  • Fix corrupt saves due to characters interacting with broken items
  • Make some parts of game friendlier to anti-virus (fixes some random hard crashes)
  • Fix graphical issues on OSX 10.10 (Yosemite)
  • Fix various instances of room building getting broken
  • Fix various instances of characters getting stuck
  • Improved queuing situation with various bug fixes and balance tweaks (We are still working on this!)
  • Cafe is a bit more sensible in terms of desirability compared to vending machines (if you have a cafe in an already built hospital you will need to edit it and rebuild for the change to take effect)
  • Fix queue positions in selection UI not updating
  • Fix staff getting tired, hungry etc before being placed in the hospital
  • Fix finance not working after loading last save after going bankrupt
  • Fix ghosts broken after loading save
Qg6YRn0.jpg

Last edited:
Permabanned
I think I broke my hospital, the one after the University.

I had nearly 300 patients but most of them were queueing for the GP. I had 8 GP rooms with 10 world class diagnostic doctors and yet each room had a queue of nearly 30 lol. It took an average patient nearly a year from check in to get their first appointment.

Because of this most of my patients died before they even got to the treatment room because they're waiting faffing around in the toilet or stuck in the cafe which I had to make staff only. That helped a bit but what really fixed the bottleneck was manually sening people for treatment instead of doubling back to the GPs room after further diagnostics.

Soldato
Yes, sending patients direct to treatment is definately the only way to really contain the crowds late game, temporarily anyway. I also goto the Patients list and sort by health and boot out all those who are rather low on health as I'd not want them dying and ruining my cure rate %. I do find it annoying that even with maxxed out GP's and diagnoses nurses, most of the time you still can't get a full diagnoses. That Mega X-Ray I've found to be no better than the Fluid Analyser too, and its a great deal more expensive.

Soldato
Duckworth wasn't too bad once you see the pattern for making money, the risk was at the end for 3 star boosting a wage bill that was already 160k a month right up to get 80%+ or whatever it was staff satisfaction.

Ditch the tasks you can't do quickly or have no facilities for, get every procedure room up to 3.9 prestige then upgrade them to get the 4 prestige paycheck, then sell/move the item back out of the room so you can get it again later. Learned this after going bankrupt once holding out trying to do tasks I couldn't afford.

Man of Honour
Duckworth wasn't too bad once you see the pattern for making money, the risk was at the end for 3 star boosting a wage bill that was already 160k a month right up to get 80%+ or whatever it was staff satisfaction.

Ditch the tasks you can't do quickly or have no facilities for, get every procedure room up to 3.9 prestige then upgrade them to get the 4 prestige paycheck, then sell/move the item back out of the room so you can get it again later. Learned this after going bankrupt once holding out trying to do tasks I couldn't afford.

It isn't really difficult, although I needed a small loan at the start to keep me afloat until I realised what was going on. It is just really tedious. Doubt I will go back to that one.

Soldato
Yeah I'm not finding it to bad now I've got going, struggling a bit to get staff satisfaction up but in general I'm making enough money.
What does annoy me a little is that a lot of the targets don't really relate to running a good hospital, the idea of trying to run a public hospital was quite a good one otherwise.

Man of Honour
Yeah I'm not finding it to bad now I've got going, struggling a bit to get staff satisfaction up but in general I'm making enough money.
What does annoy me a little is that a lot of the targets don't really relate to running a good hospital, the idea of trying to run a public hospital was quite a good one otherwise.

Watering plants and plunging loos is an important pursuit :D

Soldato
Blighton - Easy to start with, and remained that way until the end. To get 3 stars you need to get to a Lv18 hospital, which is a tad annoying as it involves mostly expanding outwards more than required. Thusly the ward in the bottom right corner are just vacant rooms I had to build just to get there.

Onto Pillockan Wharf!

ZsPMp9C.png

Soldato
I am still on the first 'hot' hospital. Air con units are a pain, janitors keep thinking they can't get to them. It is a shame they need maintenance at all.

Same level as me... My advice would be use the large air-con units exclusively - they seem to break down less and you don't need as many either... I'm sat just below 2 stars but struggling to hit the attractiveness requirement because all my plants keep wilting!!!

Soldato
Fill every corridor with pictures on the walls, no wilting and will boost the attractiveness. I've started using small AC units in smaller rooms (3/4x3) as patient comfort comes from taking the heat off the air rather than turning the room into a fridge. 95% thermal comfort using small units then larger ones in the larger rooms/corridors.

Man of Honour
Same level as me... My advice would be use the large air-con units exclusively - they seem to break down less and you don't need as many either... I'm sat just below 2 stars but struggling to hit the attractiveness requirement because all my plants keep wilting!!!

I just need to get my reputation up at the moment. Currently at 6%. I got greedy :D

Back
Top Bottom